Pattaya (Utapao) Flights to Ubon..No more ?

Rolanddrums

39 minutes ago, Estrada said:

Looks like it is discontinued for now. As I recall there are a number of Airports that are under reconstruction and /or runway repairs/extensions.

Air Asia has a habit of trying new routes and cancelling without explanation. Suggest you telephone their help line.

1 hour ago, Rolanddrums said:

Tried booking online at various websites but nothing available. Not planning to go again for couple of months, but would only travel to Utapao if tickets 100% confirmed in advance.

Pattaya to Ubon is not shown on Air Asia's flight schedule. See: https://www.airasia.com/my/en/where-we-fly/flight-schedule.page

No booking available since March 25.

I have a flight booked for January 2019 but these idiots do not reply to Emails.

They send messages to tell me to contact them but never reply to my support tickets.

I will be at the airport on the day of departure and make a drama, just to show them what means respect your customers.

How can a company be managed by such idiots is beyond understanding.

37 minutes ago, gaff said:

No booking available since March 25.

I have a flight booked for January 2019 but these idiots do not reply to Emails.

They send messages to tell me to contact them but never reply to my support tickets.

I will be at the airport on the day of departure and make a drama, just to show them what means respect your customers.

How can a company be managed by such idiots is beyond understanding.

I will never fly Air Asia ever as they are a bunch of Turkeys & not flexible in any way,

2 hours ago, bontang said:

I will never fly Air Asia ever as they are a bunch of Turkeys & not flexible in any way,

I will fly with them to adjoining countries but I have finished flying with any airline to another part of Thailand if it means leaving from Bangkok.

After Songkran my journey from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then on to Pattaya took 7 hours leaving Chang Mai at 1 PM and arriving in Pattaya at 8 PM.this was firstly because of a one-hour delay for the air Asia flight to depart and then a 3 1/2 hour bus journey from Mochit to Pattaya because of very heavy traffic.

It's much easier to go to Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and catch a very comfortable 1st class Nakhon Chai Air bus(no security, no check-in, no waiting). To Chiang Mai it takes 10 hours.

They also have a 1st class service from Pattaya to Ubon

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

I will fly with them to adjoining countries but I have finished flying with any airline to another part of Thailand if it means leaving from Bangkok.

After Songkran my journey from Chiang Mai to Bangkok and then on to Pattaya took 7 hours leaving Chang Mai at 1 PM and arriving in Pattaya at 8 PM.this was firstly because of a one-hour delay for the air Asia flight to depart and then a 3 1/2 hour bus journey from Mochit to Pattaya because of very heavy traffic.

It's much easier to go to Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya and catch a very comfortable 1st class Nakhon Chai Air bus(no security, no check-in, no waiting). To Chiang Mai it takes 10 hours.

They also have a 1st class service from Pattaya to Ubon

There are direct flights between Chiang Mai & Pattaya. Why would you go via Bangkok?

15 hours ago, anfh said:

never had a problem with Air Asia, use them all the time

I flew only three times and also no problems.

But if available I prefer Thai Smile anytime.

But I would surely not try to book them (neither AA nor Thai Smile) many months in advance.

Just too unsteady and "trial and error" as others wrote.

An example on the good side:

AA introduced a Khon Kaen - Phuket flight last year, supposed to end in March and it still runs in May.

And I would better calm down on their poor service.

Email? Better talk to your dog.

Yes Im talking about UBON RACH ( As per the post). Incidently we just flew to UBON Air Asia, from Don M but flew back Nok Air. Nok was far better, plane seating not cramped, enough leg room for a giant, correct ambient temp , tea/coffee water. On time . Cant say any of the above about Air Asia. Having said that Im not too fussed for a 1 hr flight. Its the taxi to Bkk I like to avoid.

2 hours ago, Rolanddrums said:

Yes Im talking about UBON RACH ( As per the post). Incidently we just flew to UBON Air Asia, from Don M but flew back Nok Air. Nok was far better, plane seating not cramped, enough leg room for a giant, correct ambient temp , tea/coffee water. On time . Cant say any of the above about Air Asia. Having said that Im not too fussed for a 1 hr flight. Its the taxi to Bkk I like to avoid.

So you are in the few who praise Nok Air.

I have exact opposite experience.

I once had to use them involuntary except that I was aware about the no onboard service at Air Asia.

And I understand that you flew from Don Mueang which is out of doubt.

The thread is about U-Tapao to Ubon Ratchathani which has obviously been stopped.

I know what thread is about as I am the OP ! We wanted to flew from Utapao a couple of weeks ago but was unavailable so we flew from Don M . My question was based on should we need to fly again, is Utapao to Ubon ( Not Udon) coming back into service anytime soon .? Yes I know lots of people dont like Nok Air. Maybe they're trying harder because of that . For me  Ubon back to Don M ( and GF & Her friend) it was like a first class ticket compared to Air Asia 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, champers said:

There are direct flights between Chiang Mai & Pattaya. Why would you go via Bangkok?

There are two flights a day with just one airline-air Asia. What if you don’t want to fly on that airline? And neither of the times are suitable methe first one leaves at 6.25 in the morning which I hardly call convenient. The second one leaves at 16.25 which is a bit better but still arrives too late in the afternoon for me.

57 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

There are two flights a day with just one airline-air Asia. What if you don’t want to fly on that airline? And neither of the times are suitable methe first one leaves at 6.25 in the morning which I hardly call convenient. The second one leaves at 16.25 which is a bit better but still arrives too late in the afternoon for me.

I thought Air Asia were fine when I went to Chiang Mai with them. Even if you don't like the airline, it is only a 1 hour flight. Better than the bus, that's for sure.

16 hours ago, champers said:

I thought Air Asia were fine when I went to Chiang Mai with them. Even if you don't like the airline, it is only a 1 hour flight. Better than the bus, that's for sure.

you might consider it'sbetter for you but I don't consider it better for me.I have tried both and hands down its a waste of time flying in so many ways when you live in Pattaya

If I was living where the airport was situated I would have no argument but with Pattaya being away from both airports I find it much more convenient to go up the road from where I live to Sukhumvit  and just 10 minutes before departure walk on the first class bus. the seats are superbly comfortable and I can sleep very easily on them.

Flying from Pattaya you have to  do deal with the taxi Mafia who want to charge you almost half the price of the air ticket just to take you to Utapao airport.Then you have to do go through security, then you have to do queue up and wait for buses to take you from the terminal to the aircraft ,board the aircraft,then when you arrive you again you have to  queue to disembark, then get on more buses again to take you to the terminal-meanwhile I have been sleeping soundly in my first class seat and when I arrive in Chiang Mai I simply disembark from the bus and step into another vehicle to go to where I'm staying.

NCA-First-Class-นครชัยแอร์-2.jpg

1 hour ago, Asiantravel said:

you might consider it'sbetter for you but I don't consider it better for me.I have tried both and hands down its a waste of time flying in so many ways when you live in Pattaya

If I was living where the airport was situated I would have no argument but with Pattaya being away from both airports I find it much more convenient to go up the road from where I live to Sukhumvit  and just 10 minutes before departure walk on the first class bus. the seats are superbly comfortable and I can sleep very easily on them.

Flying from Pattaya you have to  do deal with the taxi Mafia who want to charge you almost half the price of the air ticket just to take you to Utapao airport.Then you have to do go through security, then you have to do queue up and wait for buses to take you from the terminal to the aircraft ,board the aircraft,then when you arrive you again you have to  queue to disembark, then get on more buses again to take you to the terminal-meanwhile I have been sleeping soundly in my first class seat and when I arrive in Chiang Mai I simply disembark from the bus and step into another vehicle to go to where I'm staying.

NCA-First-Class-นครชัยแอร์-2.jpg

We will just have to agree to disagree. To each his own.

Archived