Folk history, culture at risk unless officials learn from Mahakan Fort fiasco: academics

rooster59

4 hours ago, YetAnother said:

Folk history, culture at risk

No way! It just transformed into a modern version. Now I wait impatiently for the song about this subject by the country’s new cultural superstars, the Tourette-Rappers of “Prayuth & the Pacemakers.”

Edited by Lupatria
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

The officials have learned:

Prawit.jpg.1e404cc2357f511fbcc59372305ffbd5.jpg

this particular one lost his hat, though 5ae53c948b5f9_jester-hat01.gif.0b405eb11ec9c3e2329b7816b84e58fe.gif

Surely you jest?  However, your color co-ordination is impeccable. The dtua dtalok himself would be proud.

• Like 2

Cultural awareness is an insignificant part of the education system in Thailand. From my experience, as a teacher, very few students are cogniscant of their rich history - of the various kingdoms and dynasties, of how past events have affected the present, the origin of problems in the south, of the hierarchical structure of society - hi so, lo so and an emerging more socially aware middle class I choose to call the SO SO. Unless action is taken soon Thailand will become an insignificant backwater in South East Asia. Unless, of course, the so so use their numbers to reverse this trend.

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Culture at risk unless officials learn from Mahakan Fort fiasco

Mahakan Fort will remain but the existing surrounding village culture is lost forever. I doubt the new parklands will last long.

A replacement culture will emerge when a new breed of encroachers move in under cover of darkness with the aid of a few crooked land administrators. Just like Doi Suthep. 

• Like 1