Vietnam asked to lift unfair restriction on Thai cars

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Yes. Now you've been called on being a serial rubbish poster, it's suddenly all hypothetical.

Sure, my original post full of language like, "may be", "who knows" and "could be" was clearly me making a definite claim rather than posing a hypothetical.  

Yes. Now you've been called on being a serial rubbish poster, it's suddenly all hypothetical.

Earlier you wrote a post first claiming that any attribution to road deaths to lower safety standards in Thai cars is absurd before going on to state that having 6 airbags is better than 1.  If you want to see a rubbish post then read your own self contradictory nonsense.  Which is it, do the added safety features in the export models save lives or not?  No one has claimed that the entire difference in road deaths is attributed to the difference in vehicle safety, I just suggested that some of it might be, however you and a couple others seem to have comprehension skills that do not allow you to understand such a concept as things being partly responsible.

4 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

I wish my 7 year old Vigo had a heater, there are two months each year when it would be a wondrous thing to have in the mountains north of Chiang Mai, it gets seriously chilly in the mornings.

And anyone looking at RTA deaths in Thailand needs to back out the motorcycle deaths from the figures before commenting, M/C deaths account for 75% of the total.

How hot does your aircon get in your  Vigo?     I don't have a Vigo but my car's aircon has a setting for 27 Celsius,   maybe higher.    Are you looking for something wamer than that?

I wouldn't call Thai assembled cars inferior but I would appreciate it if  a portion of the taxes charged on the car were allotted to some of the known worthwhile safety features such as airbags and possibly  reinforced side panels.    When I was looking  for a new car to buy the only well equipped car in terms of airbags I saw was the Prius.   There may be more now.   I don't know.

2 hours ago, watcharacters said:

How hot does your aircon get in your  Vigo?     I don't have a Vigo but my car's aircon has a setting for 27 Celsius,   maybe higher.    Are you looking for something wamer than that?

I wouldn't call Thai assembled cars inferior but I would appreciate it if  a portion of the taxes charged on the car were allotted to some of the known worthwhile safety features such as airbags and possibly  reinforced side panels.    When I was looking  for a new car to buy the only well equipped car in terms of airbags I saw was the Prius.   There may be more now.   I don't know.

There are no numbers on the aircon setting but I know from history that it doesn't turn out anything close to 27 degrees C on a cold morning, not anywhere close to that - my aircon may be odd but it doesn't do hot or warm, it only does cool and cold.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

There are no numbers on the aircon setting but I know from history that it doesn't turn out anything close to 27 degrees C on a cold morning, not anywhere close to that - my aircon may be odd but it doesn't do hot or warm, it only does cool and cold.

Got it.

I can report my aircon has never been set to run at 27, far from it.     It goes down to 16 C.  I believe and then to "cold"    I let it run almost always at cold.  the single place in SouthEastAsia where  I felt a bit chilly was in Bagiou in the Philippines at a mountainous look out point.     I find SEA seriously warm at last as far  the countries I've visited is concerned.

Good luck  in reaching a toasty  state around Chang Mai.

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

And anyone looking at RTA deaths in Thailand needs to back out the motorcycle deaths from the figures before commenting, M/C deaths account for 75% of the total.

So I backed the dead Thai bikers out of the stats and Thai vehicular related road deaths are still well over 4 times higher than ALL Aussie the ones.

Comments? Anyone?

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

So I backed the dead Thai bikers out of the stats and Thai vehicular related road deaths are still well over 4 times higher than ALL Aussie the ones.

Comments? Anyone?

Yes the number is still high, but 6,000 is much better than 25,000 which is where many people would end up if they saw the stats without understanding the detail.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You are wrong (again). Your posts were not hypothetical, they were conjecture.

But your conjecture is still ridiculous so you are consistent, I'll grant you that.

What a clown! Digging while simultaneously backpedaling.

Are you from a circus family by any chance?

People like Kieran?

Yeah... you're right.

Go off and learn the difference between posing a hypothetical and posting conjecture, the latter is a conclusion by the way, as I did not offer any resemblance of a conclusion, but instead offered a "what if", you will see that actually I was correct in calling it a hypothetical.  But never mind darling, it doesn't bother me that you're making a fool of yourself.

47 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Comments? Anyone?

How about commenting on the topic, or did you not manage to work out what it is yet?

13 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

How about commenting on the topic, or did you not manage to work out what it is yet?

But I already have. Several times already. I torpedoed your dumb hypotheticals, ridiculous conjecture false assertions that these ad hoc additonal vehicle inspections required by the Vietnamese may be all about exposing the inferior and unsafe Thai assembled vehicles and damaging Thailand's quite robust vehicle assembly and export business.

• Like 1

But I already have. Several times already. I torpedoed your dumb hypotheticals, ridiculous conjecture false assertions that these ad hoc additonal vehicle inspections required by the Vietnamese may be all about exposing the inferior and unsafe Thai assembled vehicles and damaging Thailand's quite robust vehicle assembly and export business.

The hypothetical you may have found dumb, but it was only a hypothetical and is based on the reality of what one of these manufacturers is doing in another country, its hardly a wild suggestion, they are really doing it.  And it wasn't even conjecture, as was pointed out to you in the last post, so how have you now arrived at the conclusion that it was an assertion?  Read what I wrote, there is no conclusion, there is no confident belief on my part, so your choice of words to describe mine are just way off, deal with it, it was just an hypothesis.

Automation,especially in Thai assembly must be world leader,much to dismay of workers, Toyota laid thousands off at one fell sweep years ago,would not happen in the west ,not that way anyway

The  gearbox assembly plants there in Bang Lamung,turned out some crap years ago,especially for Mitsubushi range,but workers got good pay for Thailand over 55 thousand a month     The Proton range badly affected too,only one Proton escaped the wrath  Savvy, French made parts  lol

Edited by altcar bob

11 hours ago, altcar bob said:

Automation,especially in Thai assembly must be world leader,much to dismay of workers, Toyota laid thousands off at one fell sweep years ago,would not happen in the west ,not that way anyway

The  gearbox assembly plants there in Bang Lamung,turned out some crap years ago,especially for Mitsubushi range,but workers got good pay for Thailand over 55 thousand a month     The Proton range badly affected too,only one Proton escaped the wrath  Savvy, French made parts  lol

I dont recall Toyota laying off thousands of workers? I do recall about 2-3 years ago they let about 700-800 workers go. Nothing to due with automation, it was a result of low sales.  

Don't know where you got 55K a month, maybe in management, but not the guys on the production line.  

Last guy that I spoke to that worked at Toyota on a production line said he was getting 540 a day.