Do you have a shed ?

superal

22 hours ago, keithpa said:

Instead of a shed, i have a deck. I love my deck. My wife loves relaxing on it, my friends all admire my deck.Its not too big, but its sturdy. I polish it regularly.

jeez,  i had to put my glasses on.   At first I was mistaking the word deck for something else.  Sorry..

keep polishing

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

jeez,  i had to put my glasses on.   At first I was mistaking the word deck for something else.  Sorry..

keep polishing

Keep it clean, no room for smut or humor on here.

• Haha 2

You guys that build such a big shed !

1st of all I hope you have top notch security as all within shall become their's at any time they can access it

2nd of all ! & it wont matter as you wont be here, all your loved tools & ect shall turn to crap & such a big shed shall become a Baan

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

You guys that build such a big shed !

1st of all I hope you have top notch security as all within shall become their's at any time they can access it

2nd of all ! & it wont matter as you wont be here, all your loved tools & ect shall turn to crap & such a big shed shall become a Baan

Obviously you have gained little or NO respect from your neighbours. My neighbours occasionally ask to borrow tools. Always returned same day & in excellent condition. Maybe your attitude toward the locals could do have something to do with your view ?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Obviously you have gained little or NO respect from your neighbours. My neighbours occasionally ask to borrow tools. Always returned same day & in excellent condition. Maybe your attitude toward the locals could do have something to do with your view ?

No, I'm a very helpfull person

I had no problem lending equipment to so called family

Even had a friend that got a drop saw disc broken back, so he docked the builders/renovators for it 

4 hours ago, BEVUP said:

No, I'm a very helpfull person

I had no problem lending equipment to so called family

Even had a friend that got a drop saw disc broken back, so he docked the builders/renovators for it 

My wifes brother, no skills what so ever, borrowed my hammer and saw, the next day he had an add posted around town offering his services as a carpenter.

• Haha 2

On 30/04/2018 at 3:32 AM, Crossy said:

I'm lucky that I have a workshop in the main house, not huge but it houses my tools, lathe etc. and it's lockable. It's also the coolest room in the house as it never gets direct sunlight on the one outside wall.

We have also got "sheds" in the garden which house the gardening kit, chicken food etc etc. These are steel frame with block in-fill, cheap and cheerful.

What lathe?

3 hours ago, AboutThaim said:

Hope your ladies don't get splinters off your deck!  Could end up with chips off the old block!

It has a latex coating, but,as its rather old and had a lot of use, it is sagging a lot now. Ive tried treating it with some of the chemicals that are on market, they only have a short term effect though. Some mates have suggested I just flog my deck, ;but, Im attached to it and want to keep using it for what it was intended for.

• Haha 1

On 01/05/2018 at 11:36 AM, Scooby and Puppy said:

This my ‘shed’, similar to yours in a way. Behind is my bike racks, work-stand etc.

love my mancave...I can actually find where I put stuff...lol.

7AB8FD0B-FF3E-4569-92F6-9FE140706A8A.jpeg

You look as if you have put a TCT blade onto an abrasive chop saw, did you? And if so how good is it?

22 minutes ago, keithpa said:

Try to deny you work without a permit.

I don't have to as all of the immigration police who I had lunch with yesterday were happy that I'm just doing up my own property 

IMG_2486.thumb.JPG.d7d161cbeb535c7b16a8c00fbc41bbe1.JPG

FWIW I would not make anything for sale as nobody would want to pay me enough to make it worth my time.

Edited by sometimewoodworker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

just got the final cost 440 ,000 pretty good i think, they did a top job, still have to wire it & put in out house, open plan  with a second floor above entrance door.

received_2058939451050154.jpeg

Edited by agrow

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Recent refit of the office area and where the bikes live;

023.thumb.jpg.10e1b2d79e925479146a9f838e90a229.jpg

peek inside container No 1, basically workbenches, Snap On tool cabinets, tooling cabinets, bead blast cabinet, degreasing tank, shelving and spare parts.

5afcf9ae06bee_phonephotostosept2017293.thumb.jpg.1e9d9ee9ec9d7584b1cfcb50ea984dad.jpg

Peek into container No. 2, the machine shop, where I spend most of my playtime -

83 Migatronic Mig welder (owned from new)

73 Tom Senior M1 Milling machine

78 Boxford 8" shaper

69 Boxford VSL lathe completely tooled

83 Taiwanese pillar/bench drill (owned from new)

Benches, surface plate, shelving, steel and alloy stock underneath benches,  power tools, files etc, measuring instruments etc etc

Elliot bench shear

Italian compressor

Denbigh power hacksaw (old!!!)

Stent T&CG (tool & cutter grinder)

Wolfe 8" bench grinder

Creusen  linisher and polisher

5afcfa44c49ac_phonephotostosept2017292.thumb.jpg.6106bb5a90646289fc29f57bfd9ef67b.jpg5afcfa5424af6_phonephotostosept2017294.thumb.jpg.702480382928af12b437751f1173d1c1.jpg

Oh , come on mate , that is not a shed/s , more like an engineering business . Do I sound jealous ? well I am for sure and looks like you are well organised . Bet you keep it under lock and key ? Reckon that you never get bored from nothing to do and what sort of tasks do you carry out ?

• Like 1

@superal

It certainly could be a light engineering business, fer sure!

@thaiguzzi

Most Impressive!

What do you design/fabricate/build with all that lovely stuff?

Do you live in the sticks, and have many rai to play on?

Do you have your own off-road bike/4x4 track?

I have all the tools and machines that I took from the UK to South Africa, and now to LoS.
I'd be lost without them, but you have so much stuff, you must be building your own bikes/pipe cars/megatrucks!!!

Please tell all!

:smile:

P.S. For five years I used to have a Guzzi California in the UK. What's yours?

Edited by Tapster
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

What are the container floors covered with?

Covered in 3/4" British chipboard, then painted with industrial floor paint. A close friend did all the woodwork in both containers inc the flooring and workbenches. The containers were originally NZ Lamb and were insulated refrigerated units with grated floors for the blood to be easily washed out of :bah:.

Another friend wired them professionally with 3 pin British sockets, light switches and breaker units.

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Black & white tiles by the look of it.

@thaiguzzi I am extremely jealous.

The tiled area is bolted/welded to a side of one of the containers. Concrete floor, steel external walls.

14 hours ago, superal said:

Oh , come on mate , that is not a shed/s , more like an engineering business . Do I sound jealous ? well I am for sure and looks like you are well organised . Bet you keep it under lock and key ? Reckon that you never get bored from nothing to do and what sort of tasks do you carry out ?

Thanx.

Rule Number 1. Never sell your tools. Houses, cars, bikes, wives may come and go, but never sell your tools.

Not used padlocks for a few years now. Doors are kept shut to keep the creepy crawlies out.

Never ever got bored.

I'm a mechanic/machinist or fitter/turner by trade. So I service, maintain the family's farm truck and tractor, modify the farm truck, service the wider family's and friends mopeds/scooters (nobody uses the local m/c shops anymore...), and service our own Hilux pick up. I make stuff for my own motorcycles and a couple of friends, and I enjoy more than anything working on the shaper, mill and lathe machining stuff. Tooling, and then more tooling for the machine shop.

Couple of examples, I have 22 toolholders for the lathe, 19 of which I made (see above the light). These have over 70 hours in them.

My Stent T&CG was purchased as an unfinished kit, this has over 250 hours in it.

I have a long list of more tooling and projects to make....

5afe28e4d7504_phonephotostosept2017269.thumb.jpg.d7dc2b6fa71156b7f79adb31bb7ac025.jpg5afe291d98cb6_phonephotostosept2017298.thumb.jpg.ad98c8ee3744350d26eff5b7fe7f224e.jpg5afe294bc1e10_phonephotostosept2017305.thumb.jpg.ae025c2efe39d2b9e0c2876e4a221a0f.jpg5afe296a8a2c3_phonephotostosept2017302.thumb.jpg.52240a3a65023a272ef928d331b895e1.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, superal said:

Sorry, couldn't edit that toolholder photo out in my previous post. Here's a better shot -  over 70 hours in the 11 steel holders, plus the 8 aluminium ones, I didn't keep a track on time...

5afe2d6ba8751_phonephotostosept2017535.thumb.jpg.c8c838962482fdd89550d36632a4c9c8.jpg

• Like 2