The Strangest Job Youv'e Done In Los

N47HAN

I'll kick it off with mine.....

A few years ago when I moved to Los , I moved into an apartment on Sukhumvit 81 (pr. mansion).

At the time I was doing tele-sales for a company back in the U.K and decided that id do it from here instead of the office in Nottingham England!

How it worked

The phone cost 7baht per minute to ring the UK

Average weekly wage 800 pounds sterling

Hours of work per week , around 18 ( 3 hours a day 5 -8 pm and 10 - 1pm on a sat)

Great I thought , paid in sterling spending baht, cant be bad !

What was it selling?

The good old double glazing thing ! :o

Drawbacks!!!!!

Time delay - 5pm in the uk = midnight here finish time 3am

Having to rely on freinds back home to bank my salary for me ( no bacs system in place)

Im 10 minutes away from NANA with nothing to do and money to spend!

Outcome

Company in the Uk went under , by this time used to bkk so not gonna leave, so have created a buisiness for myself here (in Phuket)

Ps

A mate of mine has set the same deal up with another window company back home, so for all you guys living in old blighty , the next time you have that annoying call from someone trying to sell you double glazing just as youve sat down to eat your dinner it could be him! So book an appointment with him.. he'll be paid 50 quid wether you buy or not and he'll be able to help the local NANA community that little bit more :D

A couple of years back when we bought our land a tapicoa crop was just starting to grow on it. One afternoon when we got tired of waiting for the builder to clear it the GF and I went down and pulled them all out by hand before they got too big. I disguised myself with a big farmers hat long sleeved shirt and lots of scarves and everytime a car went past dived into the furrows so no one could see me. Took a couple of hours of this to clear it completly.

A few years ago when I moved to Los , I moved into an apartment on Sukhumvit 81 (pr. mansion).

Since when was soi 81. 10 minutes from Nana? By helicopter maybe.

All those apartments around there are full of spammers, boiler boys etc. Not much of a life if you ask me. For a couple of years maybe, then it gets very depressing.

My strangest job - got paid to throw cream buns at a dwarf on TV.

All those apartments around there are full of spammers, boiler boys etc. Not much of a life if you ask me. For a couple of years maybe, then it gets very depressing.

10mins Sky Train (ok maybe 15!)

And this post was not meant as a negative load of **** about boiler rooms etc...

I paid my taxes (40%) for years it was a legit job with a legit company!

any posts relating to the title would be nice!

10mins Sky Train (ok maybe 15!)

And this post was not meant as a negative load of **** about boiler rooms etc...

I paid my taxes (40%) for years it was a legit job with a legit company!

any posts relating to the title would be nice!

Strange jobs in Thailand :o How about this one!! advance party of british and australian sappers arrive in NE thailand to set up a base camp, first job put up tents second job build officers shithouse, third job build a 9 hole golf course,main party of 300 men arrive 6 weeks later, no kitchen ,nocrapper, but the first 9 hole Golf course in Thailand, Now that is a strange <deleted> Job :D Nignoy

Got sent to a huge house in Meuang Thong Thani to teach English to the wife of "fizzy drinks co." exec. Arrived 10 am, told "Madame is in bed. Come back next week." Came back following week, asked to wait, numerous maids smile and offer me coffee and glasses of water. "Madame is in the bedroom". Finally I receive a call from my office on that house's land line that I am to leave said house so Madame can exit bedroom.

Never went back or worked that one out.

In 1996 I got a 4 week job installing communications kit at domestic airports around Thailand. Every few days I'd fly from Chiang Mai to an airport, spend the day there trying to communicate with the locals getting wiring pulled through roof spaces etc. installing the comms card. Then flying back to Chiang Mai to wait for the next airport to say they were ready. Pretty weird job when you don't speak Thai. I remember being at a restaurant (cafe) somewhere near Khon Kaen (I think). The menu was in Thai without any pictures and I sat there flapping my arms and making chicken noises to order food (much to the amusement of all the people sitting around me - I'm 6'3" so I kind of stood out a bit).

translator and general dogsbody at a 'world' kickboxing championship at National Stadium in 1996. What made it wierd was somehow one of the Thai team members was a washed up German fellow who for some reason didn't quaify for the German team. So he boxed in the heavyweight division for Thailand.

Can't belive it actually used to be on my resume when I had just graduated....

I've only had 2 jobs here, neither of them weird. One was working with Thai Special Forces Police, bringing tourists into their facility to do shooting, skydiving & adventure tourism, and I got to do everything myself as well! :D The present one is dog rescue. Nowt strange on my CV... :o

IN Los i was variously:

A resort operations manager (small, backpacker resort with restaurant, bar and 30 odd bungalows)

A drunk

I stitched up the sac of a dog once who had somehow managed to split it and had one testicle overswollen and hanging out. Unpleasant. That was on the resort though.

Taught Mathematics (in english) to E.Program kids.

and taught English to the National Police Academy Cadets (500 stt per class) in Nakhon... something.. Between Kanchanaburi and Bangkok... It's been a few years.

Was an announcer at an elephant show years ago in Bangkok. Only did that a few days as it was too long a bus run from where I was living at the time. The show didn't last long anyway.

I knew a guy back then who used to travel around the country with an itinerant team selling skin whitener. He was a farang so I guess he was the 'after' person!

Telemarketing, just like spam, should be illegal by law :o

Amen to that PC. It's sould estroying for all concerned. My strangest job in LOS, many years ago I wired an orphanage for power. Didn't earn a single satang for 3 weeks work but I saw it as a labour of love. At least they thanked me.