Windows 10 1803 Spring Update.....Marvelous!

Formaleins

A person needs all the restore/recovery/backup options they can get with Windows unless they just enjoy doing Windows OS and apps reinstalls periodically.  You know, people who love pain.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:58 PM, Pib said:

Well, I just had a blue screen of death after upgrading to 1803 yesterday.   It worked fine last night....and this morning....left for a couple of hours this morning to buy some groceries...left the laptop on and it was in hibernation (I have it set to hybernate after 90 minutes) when I got back.   Pressed power button to wake it up and as waking up I got a blue screen with some words saying Windows was having problems...it rebooted into the Windows recovery screen....I clicked a few things...it rebooted again and now its working again.  

Maybe it now has going into hibernation or sleep problems after upgrading to 1803.  Will do some more testings. 

I will now need to check the other laptop for a similar problems...see what happens.

Update: I'll probably jinx myself by providing this updated, but the BSOD I experienced above on 1 Jun/Friday midday after upgrading to 1803 the day before has not reoccurred after 3 days/72 hours.  This includes going into and out of sleep/hibernation numerous times...and power-ups and restarts.  I have also used the my other computer for several hours to include sleeps/hibernations/power-ups/restarts to check for a similar problem but it hasn't experienced it.  Haven't experienced any other upgrade problems on either computer.  Now hoping the BSOD was a one-off event. Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Pib said:

Update: I'll probably jinx myself by providing this updated, but the BSOD I experienced above on 1 Jun/Friday midday after upgrading to 1803 the day before has not reoccurred after 3 days/72 hours.  This includes going into and out of sleep/hibernation numerous times...and power-ups and restarts.  I have also used the my other computer for several hours to include sleeps/hibernations/power-ups/restarts to check for a similar problem but it hasn't experienced it.  Haven't experienced any other upgrade problems on either computer.  Now hoping the BSOD was a one-off event. Time will tell.

LOL> now you've gone and done it. It won't happen when you're testing. Murphy's Law dictates it will happen when you least expect it... right in the middle of some important work.

No, I have Murphy's Laws disabled in the Windows Group Policy settings.   But you know, every time I set it from Enabled to Disabled I could swear I hear a Bill Gates giggle.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pib said:

No, I have Murphy's Laws disabled in the Windows Group Policy settings.   But you know, every time I set it from Enabled to Disabled I could swear I hear a Bill Gates giggle.

LOL!

I couldn't find the new May 24 cumulative update on one of my computers... even over a week after it was released. I ended up downloading it directly from Microsoft's update catalog and used the standalone installer.

13 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL!

I couldn't find the new May 24 cumulative update on one of my computers... even over a week after it was released. I ended up downloading it directly from Microsoft's update catalog and used the standalone installer.

Ive upgraded all to Windows 7 Pro, not so much junk.

• Haha 1