British man found dead in Pattaya was ‘stressed about divorce from Thai wife’

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting divorced is very depressing. I have read of many people, men and women

taking their lives because of this reason.  RIP to the fellow. Death is one thing that is

guaranteed to us all,  suicide seems foolish, but then a prolonged bad marriage is

both painful, and hard to cope with as well.

Geezer

4 hours ago, MadMuhammad said:

And this is another reason my assets are protected behind a veil of trust funds and limited companies. Good luck to any wench unravelling thst when I pass (unless they prove themselves of course)

Or, you can write a will to avoid any silly games.

13 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

And starting over this age is almost impossible. 

Romantically I'm starting over with a beautiful young woman of 45, and I'm also 68. (She's from Saigon.) There are plenty of beauties in their mid-40s who don't mind attaching themselves to a presentable and respectable farang. And I'm not wealthy at all. About four-five years ago I had a Thai gf of 36, a registered nurse in plastic surgery. Of course, it helps that I'm not fat and bald. Sorry if this all sounds conceited. I'm not Brad Pitt but it just helps if you don't let yourself go. Honestly, though, a great Thai girl I know online is only about 42 or so and she married one of those retired fat and bald guys in Germany, and she lives a good international travel life, since he seems to be quite wealthy. She's not very pretty, but shapely. I think they both made out all right.

11 minutes ago, bobthomas said:

Leveraged into an untenable situation by the indigenous, in a foreign land. Add some money problems and it's a recipe for disaster.

RIP

It could have been me!

Uncle Bob

Even with all of the 24/7 action that goes on here, you can become absolutely invisible here. We all look the same to the Thais. Add loneliness to despair over internalized problems that seem without solutions...and this could be any one of us, and yes, I have felt or been immersed in some of those same dark places...so it could have been me as well... 

1 hour ago, Dustdevil said:

Romantically I'm starting over with a beautiful young woman of 45, and I'm also 68. (She's from Saigon.) There are plenty of beauties in their mid-40s who don't mind attaching themselves to a presentable and respectable farang. And I'm not wealthy at all. About four-five years ago I had a Thai gf of 36, a registered nurse in plastic surgery. Of course, it helps that I'm not fat and bald. Sorry if this all sounds conceited. I'm not Brad Pitt but it just helps if you don't let yourself go. Honestly, though, a great Thai girl I know online is only about 42 or so and she married one of those retired fat and bald guys in Germany, and she lives a good international travel life, since he seems to be quite wealthy. She's not very pretty, but shapely. I think they both made out all right.

Honestly, though, a great Thai girl I know online is only about 42 or so and she married one of those retired fat and bald guys in Germany, and she lives a good international travel life, since he seems to be quite wealthy

"One of those retired fat and bald guys in Germany" sounds very bitter and an insult to somebody who's together with the woman you fell in love with?

But now you've found the right one from Saigon, in ten years you'll be 78, if you're still alive and she'll be 55. People your age are not as flexible as younger people and you know that.

Especially when you are not wealthy. Have you ever thought about why the Vietnamese lady loves you?

BTW, a female with 45 is not a young woman, she might think she's upgrading her life, but doesn't know what's been waiting for her. I wish you good luck and stay healthy. 

17 hours ago, mike1967 said:

My girlfriend said that if we didn't marry within the next year then she'd say goodbye. I said "I'll save you the year and adios". No marriage then no divorce.

Thats more like it.

Someone with a spine.

16 hours ago, chudless said:

What a stupid, stupid comment.

I, for one, assume that his comment was made in jest and believe that what he said in no way detracted from the serious nature of the incident.  It seems that everyone has to be absolutely PC these days unless they are prepared to be shot down in flames. How long will it be before all humorous comments are banned since  most jokes affect the often anonymous subject of the joke in some way.

For example, a joke about a hypothetical funeral is bound to affect anyone who has just lost a loved one, so it can be very hurtful to them, but does that mean that all jokes about funerals should be banned?

12 minutes ago, lanista said:

What ????????   You cant be serious!  Where did he meet her ..pray tell !

She was probably worse than the first.  How does some old foreign guy with one foot in the grave  get new girlfriends so quickly ? The Brits never learn which is why they get into so much trouble here.

Is it only the Brits then....?

i certainly have seen trauma due to break ups, but it still seems statistically very skewed the number of foreigners that allegedly kill themselves over there.  I would suspect there would be more violence by the guy against the ex he is leaving or breaking up with.  People often attack the things they are mad at.  Just seems odd so many foreigners over they seem to attack themselves. 

Very sad RIP now , use to live there felt same way at times going down same path of divorces take there toll in any country , l could or would not jump kept thinking about landing on some poor unsuspecting person or kids walking out ,

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Every time! Sometimes two times

everyone has their breaking point not just farangs , workers lose jobs ,farmers in supposably developed world kill themselves, draught ,banks take your property, you lose everything family, hope... so many in Australia now they don't record it anymore????

3 minutes ago, Mad mick said:

everyone has their breaking point not just farangs , workers lose jobs ,farmers in supposably developed world kill themselves, draught ,banks take your property, you lose everything family, hope... so many in Australia now they don't record it anymore????

Yes, most people meet challenges in life, and more often several times, and some meet the dead end. Why people meet dead ends? Most of them have been struggling long time before they finely meet the famous dead end. I also believe such places as Pattaya is for many people a dead end place. Burn the candles in both ends, and yes, they have nothing more to live for, when gf, wife, friends cheat on them. But, the problems is often rooted a different place in the beginning. 

22 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Very sad. Let me just pre-empt the don't understand why brigade: people do this when the balance of their mind is disturbed, thus rendering them unable to think or rationalise well.

They also do it when the Thai wife pays for a 'hit'.

Can I just point out for future reference, I will never kill myself, if it looks like I did it was definitely murder.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Pattaya is for many people a dead end place. Burn the candles in both ends, and yes, they have nothing more to live for, when gf, wife, friends cheat on them. But, the problems is often rooted a different place in the beginning. 

gf, wife, friends always cheat/steal/betray, it's not a case of 'if' but 'when'.

The trick is, not to care (all that much) and in Pattaya there are plenty more gfs/wives/friends to choose from.

Never expect anything from another person in life (not even your children) and you won't be disappointed.

12 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

gf, wife, friends always cheat/steal/betray, it's not a case of 'if' but 'when'.

The trick is, not to care (all that much) and in Pattaya there are plenty more gfs/wives/friends to choose from.

Never expect anything from another person in life (not even your children) and you won't be disappointed.

Im ok getting dissapointed, it is part of life, but with the risk, it also comes great gifts. I accept life is a rollercoaster if you play high enough, but the only thing I do not gamble with, is money. Always ready to loose everything I have played, with no thoughts about return. 

I also like to give alot of trusth, most times it pays back. 

Perhaps he couldn't take all the negativity any more, the constant complaining, the whining and moaning, the realisation that his whole life was a disaster because he chose to live among Thai people in Thailand.

Myself, I think he should have just logged out of ThaiVisa  

2 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Perhaps he couldn't take all the negativity any more, the constant complaining, the whining and moaning, the realisation that his whole life was a disaster because he chose to live among Thai people in Thailand.

Myself, I think he should have just logged out of ThaiVisa  

And perhaps you're just guessing and speaking about yourself. 

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, jenny2017 said:

And starting over this age is almost impossible. 

Without wishing to sound cynical, it seems he wasn't heartbroken enough to not install a new girlfriend.  Unfortunately as we all know, the real truth is unlikely to surface at all.

1 hour ago, dunroaming said:

Without wishing to sound cynical, it seems he wasn't heartbroken enough to not install a new girlfriend.  Unfortunately as we all know, the real truth is unlikely to surface at all.

Just because he had a new GF as the song says :

The Track of My Tears
Smokey Robinson 

People say I'm the life of the party
Because I tell a joke or two
Although I might be laughing loud and hearty
Deep inside I'm blue
So take a good look at my face
You'll see my smile looks out of place
If you look closer, it's easy to trace
The tracks of my tears

I need you, need you