Leave or not leave?...

Hi All, I need an urgent answer to my problem:  in November 2017 I got a 2 years Visa connected to my work permit: the company cancelled my WP on 25 April 2018, and at the Immigration in Lamphun they said to me that they will cancel my Visa also and I have to leave Thailand (at the same date - 25 April): actually I just got the information 15 min ago (about the cancellation date of my WP...) from the competent office. I got also another information about the fact that with my actual Visa I could sty in Thailand until 2019, and just leave and re-entry the Thailand every 90 days to validate the Visa....  I really don't know what to do, and I will be grateful to anybody can help me with some information. I attached the page of my passport with the actual Visa     Thanks!       Passport - Visa 2018.pdf

You do not have a Visa.

You have an extension of stay.

You do not have to leave but you do have to report to Immigration every 90 days.

Edit.

If your employment actually ended in April your extension would have ended on the same day.

So not really sure what is going on.

Edited by Phuket Man

If your stay permit (“visa”) was issued based on your work so it ends when the job ends and the permission to stay should be cancelled.

You need to leave, or arrange to extend your stay based on another qualifying reason.

You should be able to get 7 days to leave the country from the point they cancel your stay permit.

Edited by elviajero

Phuketman is wrong;

I got also another information about the fact that with my actual Visa I could sty in Thailand until 2019, and just leave and re-entry the Thailand every 90 days to validate the Visa...

You DO NOT have a visa due to expire Nov 2019

You have an extension as you have a re entry permit and that would have been cancelled.

AS ur now on overstay since April 25th  you need leave asap an get a tourist visa, (if u want come back) in Laos,Cambodia,Myanmar, Malaysia

Edited by phuketrichard

4 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Phuketman is wrong;

with this visa ( NOT an extension) your visa is NOT cancelled and is still good

IF you had an extension you would have had to report very 90days (not leave) and that would have been cancelled.

ONLY trouble is sometimes at some borders when u leave they ask to see your wp..

Did you read the text "extension of stay" in the pdf? 

48 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

Phuketman is wrong;

Going by the information shown in his passport there is nothing to show that his permission to stay was cancelled.

Would they not stamp it Void or Cancelled?

His post was rather garbled also.

Never having had a permission to stay on those grounds I do not know what they do.

Edited by Phuket Man

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

If your stay permit (“visa”) was issued based on your work so it ends when the job ends and the permission to stay should be cancelled.

You need to leave, or arrange to extend your stay based on another qualifying reason.

You should be able to get 7 days to leave the country from the point they cancel your stay permit.

You've been given permission to stay for 2 years based on your work under special provision. I don't have any first hand experience of this, but I would be very surprised if it remains valid after the work ends.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Because Joe ALWAYS gives the correct answer. He is the most experienced person on TVisa regarding Visas, Extensions and  legal matters

with respect sir  because you know all his answers are correct   you could also contribute to future posts of this nature i look forward to your expertice

39 minutes ago, Lamkyong said:

with respect sir  because you know all his answers are correct   you could also contribute to future posts of this nature i look forward to your expertice

Point taken. By the way it is expertiSe, or expertiZe, and TimbuktU.

Edited by wgdanson

2 hours ago, Phuket Man said:

Going by the information shown in his passport there is nothing to show that his permission to stay was cancelled.

Would they not stamp it Void or Cancelled?

His post was rather garbled also.

Never having had a permission to stay on those grounds I do not know what they do.

how would they get his passport??? The extension is cancelled the day the wp was cancelled cause the extension is tied to the wp.

He than should have gone to immigration and requested a 7 day ( get out of Thailand ) extension. But he says he only learned the extension was cancelled

the company cancelled my WP on 25 April 2018, and at the Immigration in Lamphun they said to me that they will cancel my Visa also and I have to leave Thailand (at the same date - 25 April): actually I just got the information 15 min ago (about the cancellation date of my WP...)

BUT now he is on overstay @ 500 baht/day

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, markaoffy said:

He can have a visa and a workpermit! A visa cannot be cancelled by an employer. It will have an expiry date

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

correct  1 year non B visa where he needs leave every 90 days

BUT he has a 2 year extension based on the work and that is cancelled when he loses his job and wp.( plus his 2year multiple reentry permit)

13 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Because Joe ALWAYS gives the correct answer. He is the most experienced person on TVisa regarding Visas, Extensions and  legal matters

His "experience" is derived in part from the posts of members. He can't personally travel the length and breadth of Thailand to "experience" all that happens or to understand the unique application of rules employed by some immigration offices. 

Of course it's something of a two-edged sword since some members post nonsense and/or add to the confusion by babbling on about things that are patently false or totally irrelevant , but even that can contribute to the collective education as others jump in to gently point out how clueless they are ... often leading to an amusing exchange of points of view and merciless character assassination.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

why wait plenty of posters capable of answering post

Exactly. Especially since this question is asked every damn day. We should all be experts by now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, csabo said:

Exactly. Especially since this question is asked every damn day. We should all be experts by now. 

i agree but the forum name does invite this type of question  and not all posters are aware of the somtimes fully working  search function

So where is Ubonjoe?

regardless of the naysayers and competitors to the top title, i think he delivers the most definitive answers

following the right or wrong answer/advise could in some cases end up with the question asker in jail

Personally i would trust his answer above all other contributors

no pressure there then....

• Like 1