Video: Driving blind!? Yet again Thai motorcyclist fails to see the level crossing barrier

webfact

On 03/05/2018 at 1:54 PM, Just Weird said:

Nothing to suggest that she was on her phone at the time apart from Thaivisa wishful-thinkers.

Dont know if on mobil or not, but definitely riding  one hand as when she drug from bike it steers abruptly to the right. Both hands would tend to go straighter before falling. also her body goes right side first. Probably saved her life.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Buzzboy05 said:

Dont know if on mobil or not, but definitely riding  one hand as when she drug from bike it steers abruptly to the right. Both hands would tend to go straighter before falling. also her body goes right side first. Probably saved her life.

Huh?

15 hours ago, oldlakey said:

The only thing she was a victim of was her own stupidity 

Lets rather blame Steve Jobs and his alike, by doing so nobody lose face....:whistling:

• Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:54 PM, Just Weird said:

Nothing to suggest that she was on her phone at the time apart from Thaivisa wishful-thinkers.

Nothing except the fact she was totally oblivious to the train crossing barrier being lowered.

Something distracted her, and it is not unreasonable for someone to assume that the something might have been a cellular phone. It is not like it has never been observed in Thailand before and this is would be the first time anyone on a motorcycle has been seen texting on a phone while driving.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:55 AM, Ahab said:

Nothing except the fact she was totally oblivious to the train crossing barrier being lowered.

Something distracted her, and it is not unreasonable for someone to assume that the something might have been a cellular phone. It is not like it has never been observed in Thailand before and this is would be the first time anyone on a motorcycle has been seen texting on a phone while driving.

Your assumption, based on nothing concrete in this case, is unreasonable.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Norrad said:

Holy cow dude. She admitted she was using her phone in the Thai reports. We assumed it at first and showed a pic of what was probably a phone in her hand as she came off the bike. Her admission seals the case!

You are playing the white knight in this whole thing, like oh no she wasn't doing anything wrong. The barrier suddenly jumped out and attacked her. Those barriers have flashing lights and an audible warning system, yet she was too distracted to notice it. Are you maybe her sponsor?

Yes, I know that now but at the time of my comments it wasn't known because it hadn't been reported!  7 hours after the thread started JAZZDOG said it had since been reported that she admitted being on the phone.

My issue was with those who claimed that she could be seen using the phone in the blurred out of focus video when that just was not possible ( some posters couldn't even see the barriers because the video was so unclear).  And if you bothered to read the thread instead of jumping in 4 days later spouting garbage you'd know that.

Edited by Just Weird

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I know that now but at the time of my comments it wasn't known because it hadn't been reported! 

My issue was with those who claimed that she could be seen using the phone in the blurred out of focus video when that just was not possible.  And if you bothered to read the thread instead of jumping in days later spouting garbage you'd know that.

I personally was not one of those who claimed she was on the phone, but I did think they were on the correct track

How anybody could miss that level crossing barrier in all its glory I cannot imagine unless they were on a phone or had their head stuck up where the sun dont shine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldlakey said:

I personally was not one of those who claimed she was on the phone, but I did think they were on the correct track

How anybody could miss that level crossing barrier in all its glory I cannot imagine unless they were on a phone or had their head stuck up where the sun dont shine

You're right (I think), there is a huge difference between thinking there may have been a phone involved that could not be seen anywhere and knowing there was one involved.  That was my point until her admission was known many hours later but some posters get to the party four days late and jump in with both feet without reading the thread.

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

So an assumption that she wasn't paying attention made in response to the video of her hitting a red and white train barrier with flashing red lights is in your opinion baseless and unreasonable.

It's a good thing that everyone can have an opinion, even when it is an unreasonable one.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

You're right (I think), there is a huge difference between thinking there may have been a phone involved that could not be seen anywhere and knowing there was one involved.  That was my point until her admission was known many hours later but some posters get to the party four days late and jump in with both feet without reading the thread.

and some other posters arrived early and saw the phone in her hand and despite pointing it out with a big red arrow, others still failed to understand it.....its just a mix of different people who see, or don't see things differently, however you do have a point that many people in here make things up, don't actually read the post properly, don't read all the threads (understandable) and make incredibly inane remarks, however in this case where the motorcycle obviously had more brains than her (for exiting stage left) and no-one was really hurt it was more of a chance for fun than the usual dire news we encounter here. You should see the comments she got on the Thai forums !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I know your style my man I have not got a problem with it, it brings balance to a debate but you need to pick your battles with a bit more care

This incident only involved one member of the human race, so this incident came about because of her actions alone nothing else

Being on the phone was the best option for her in my opinion the alternative was she was so spaced out day dreaming she did not know what day of the week it was

10 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Sometimes common sense is enough for some people to figure out what "probably" happened. It this case it was obvious that she was distracted, the common sense tells you it might have been a phone that caused the distraction. This is not a legal or criminal case and the burden of proof is much, much lower, and in my opinion in order to be that distracted you probably would need to be on a phone, other mobile device, or have some type of medical condition that would cause you to fall asleep while driving (but still maintain a straight course). Some people can make an educated guess and be right on the money, others need legal levels of proof before the common sense answer reveals itself.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ahab said:

So an assumption that she wasn't paying attention made in response to the video of her hitting a red and white train barrier with flashing red lights is in your opinion baseless and unreasonable.

It's a good thing that everyone can have an opinion, even when it is an unreasonable one.

I was not commenting about an assumption that she wasn't paying attention!  Have you actually read my posts? 

I was commenting on the baseless and unreasonable claim made by so many that they could see that she was on the phone when they couldn't!  Some posters couldn't even see the barriers because the video was so unclear, never mind stablish that she was jabbering away on a mobile.

15 minutes ago, Megasin1 said:

and some other posters arrived early and saw the phone in her hand and despite pointing it out with a big red arrow, others still failed to understand it.....its just a mix of different people who see, or don't see things differently, however you do have a point that many people in here make things up, don't actually read the post properly, don't read all the threads (understandable) and make incredibly inane remarks, however in this case where the motorcycle obviously had more brains than her (for exiting stage left) and no-one was really hurt it was more of a chance for fun than the usual dire news we encounter here. You should see the comments she got on the Thai forums !

"and some other posters arrived early and saw the phone in her hand and despite pointing it out with a big red arrow..."

The point is that they did not know that was a phone at that stage of the thread from the video as it could not be identified as a phone because the video was so unclear, big red arrows or not.  They were speculating and Thai-bashing because that it what most of them take pleasure in.

9 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You posted this a few hours ago in response to Ahab. That killed your entire argument. There is nothing "unreasonable" about his assumption and his assumption was 100% correct. She admitted she was on the phone - end of it, high fives to everyone that guessed she was on the phone and time to move on. The concrete has hardened on this case.

You seem to be super vested in this case. I'm still calling sponsor! The type that believes everything their GF says. Teerak, I promise I was concentrating and the train barrier ran out and hit me! Buy me a new bike and phone please.

• Haha 1