What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

The undercover agent, soon to be promoted to Lieutenant:

But of puppy fat around the waist.

A demotion back to Sarge in my book

Yes, because LA's Finest should be exactly that: the finest, particularly when it comes to female officers (by saying that I am probably committing various crimes in the US and some European states smile.png ).

Before I forget:

the actress who is playing the character of the undercover agent is Karolina Wydra.

Edited by jope

…..the uploader is Snowhiter….the guy posts some quality foreign TV shows and films….all with embedded BBC approved subs.

A very good tip, I found some good ones here, thanks!

Yep

Sno does most of the Eurpoean shows with subs.

Can you search on KA just for his downloads?

…..the uploader is Snowhiter….the guy posts some quality foreign TV shows and films….all with embedded BBC approved subs.

Yep

Sno does most of the Eurpoean shows with subs.

Can you search on KA just for his downloads?

yes.

Find on of his uploads.

Click on the name 'snowhiter'

then there is a Tab under the name 'uploads' towards the right hand top corner.

Tv series - Wicked City

Unfortunately, the best thing I can say about this one is that it has a killer soundtrack.

IMDB: A pair of LAPD detectives track down serial killers terrorizing the Sunset Strip.

Completely agreed. It's just another cop-show that recycled the dialogues and the plot of numerous cop-shows from the past. Wit or originality: not existing. Even the Billy Idol songs could not save the whole thing. It's simply very very bad.

But the actors look good, dress fashionably and have an edgy look about them?

Lieutenant, I mean really!

And here's the guvnor from the excellent UK crime drama, Unforgotten.

That's why, IMO, the UK shows in the main, are vastly superior to the US ones.

post-69328-0-91164400-1446209832_thumb.j

• Like 1

Another uploader with good taste is redbaron on tpb….mostly brit shows with some european stuff.

• Like 1

Glad to see Lilyhammer has been given the go ahead for season 3.

Finished season 2 on the weekend and it was really good.

A nice little cameo by Paul Sirico AKA Paulie Walnuts from

The Sopranos in the last episode.

Was good to see the boys back together again.

Started watching season 3 last night and am glad to say it's just as fun and quirky

as the first 2 seasons.

Cheers….love Lilyhammer. Trust they have relaeased all episodes en masse as they usually do.

Found lilyhammer season 3 thru genesis in Kodi….720p hi def streams from nrk channel with perfect subs….nice.

• Like 1

Lieutenant, I mean really!

But the actors look good, dress fashionably and have an edgy look about them?

And here's the guvnor from the excellent UK crime drama, Unforgotten.

That's why, IMO, the UK shows in the main, are vastly superior to the US ones.

Yes! She is very calm and quiet but also very authentic and believable. And make no mistake, in reality police are very motivated to solve a murder case, even when the case is decades old. I think Unforgotten is a great show (thanks for reminding!) not least because of Nicola Walker who plays the leading investigator. I already liked her very much as Assistant Commissioner in "Babylon".

Edited by jope
  • Like 1

Am in the Philippines & just saw an advert for a "new" series called "The Strain".

Looks good, anybody seen it?

Yes both series ,escapist rubbish , , all about the devil coming back ,people turning into monsters , with long tongues killing everyone , i liked itthumbsup.gif

when It first was advertised I thought it looked interesting. The fact that by the end of the first or second episode, I forget which we had already seen the scary monster it was well on it's way to mediocrity. I gave up after 3 episodes

I could be wrong but from somewhere in my childhood memory banks I'm recalling Dr who having an African right hand man ?

So am i on my own.with this boyhood memory ?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If he did ,as a time traveller,he could have picked him up in the future?, but as I was saying it is a shame that kids ,because of PC will grow up thinking that the middle ages were just like the present ,full of immigrants from all corners of the globe

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but I've just finished the recent BBC comedy 'Detectorists' and really enjoyed it.

Don't expect rapid fire gags as you would in something like Moderen Family - it's much more laid back and wistful.

It's set around a couple of metal detecting enthusiasts searching for a Saxon burial ground.

I enjoyed it. looking forward to season 2!

It's back Trend Setters.

Once again this was excellent :)

• Like 1

Just watched the latest episode of DR Who , i was amazed in the crowd scenes ,which by the way was supposed to be in the middle ages in Britain , there were as many black and Asian faces as white ,i never realised that even back then we were so multicultural. still this is the BBC and they keep pushing the left wing agenda ,i was just suprised that there were no transgender people in the crowd , the only problem is that kids are going to grow up really believing that this is what it was like in the UK in the middle ages . sad really

The appearance of Maisie Williams has just about saved this series, been very poor as has the Doctor, hope she becomes a regular, but I think her career will take her much further than Dr Who

Bridge of spies

Well crafted film and on the whole relatively enjoyable though as peeps said 10 mins shorter wouldn't have done to much harm. v surprised to see the Coen bro's on the dreamworks pay roll. Oh and finally got around to watching 'southpaw',,,,,yawn!!!!!!"

Tv series - Rent a Cop

An eight part series by the Beeb which had me both cringing and giggling for the best part of the whole show.

Summary: Observational documentary series following Sparta Security, a Darlington-based private security firm.
Sparta is run by well-known local character Francis Jones, who has given behind-the-scenes access to himself, his staff and their operations.

Francis is a born-again Christian and former professional boxer. He is a man with a big personality, and he's on a mission to clean up the streets of Darlington.

• Like 2

Ash v the evil dead,an American cosmic book? Guy fighting zombies,just watched the first episode, not sure but will give episode 2 a go ,strange to say the least but could be ok,also thanks to whoever gave the heads up on series 2 of the detectorists, nearly missed it

• Like 1

Ash v the evil dead,an American cosmic book? Guy fighting zombies,just watched the first episode, not sure but will give episode 2 a go ,strange to say the least but could be ok,also thanks to whoever gave the heads up on series 2 of the detectorists, nearly missed it

Ash had a few amusing moments but it seems more like teen-horror-comedy. I hoped for more but will give it another shot. I'm afraid that now with "Blunt Talk" gone the TV-Saturday has descended back into a black hole with nothing decent to watch.

• Like 2

yep as said b4 , man from uncle' was fun and its gonna have a follow up and no doubts it'll carry on until ???? well,,,,,, its boring,, which generally 4 me is after the 1 st one whistling.gif

thought sicario was good enuf and on the same vein ish just about to watch/buffering 'Cartel land' which the bbcs film show gave a great review.rt loves

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/cartel_land/?search=Cartel

and i must admit looks the 'real deal'wai2.gif

• Like 1

yep as said b4 , man from uncle' was fun and its gonna have a follow up and no doubts it'll carry on until ???? well,,,,,, its boring,, which generally 4 me is after the 1 st one whistling.gif

thought sicario was good enuf and on the same vein ish just about to watch/buffering 'Cartel land' which the bbcs film show gave a great review.rt loves

I thought Cartel Land was a cracker.

• Like 1

10 new U.S. TV shows to watch... http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20150826-ten-new-us-tv-shows-to-watch

Few of them look worth (at least) watching the 1st couple of episodes

For me, shows 1, 2 & 5 I'll pass on, maybe 4 as well but I'll give it a go for an episode or two... The rest looking forward to seeing them start having already seen a couple of the pilots...

Which pilots?

Blindspot released the pilot episode a few weeks back.. Supergirl also released the pilot episode a while back, but not going to watching it when it kicks off...

blindspot is alright, it is similar in structure to blacklist, but rather than reddington's list, they are follow clues tattooed onto the body of a woman i consider hot.

Thought Sicario was ok enough, same with The Professional...

• Like 1

2 from the beeb:

River

John River, a brilliant police officer whose genius and fault-line is the fragility of his mind - a man haunted by the murder victims whose cases he must lay to rest.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4258440/

(I almost binned this halfway through episode 1 but went back to it after seeing its rave reviews. It does indeed get better!)

The Last Kingdom

The year is 872, and many of the separate kingdoms of what we now know as England have fallen to the invading Danes, leaving the great kingdom of Wessex standing alone and defiant under the command of King Alfred. Against this turbulent backdrop lives our hero, Uhtred...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4179452/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

A couple of Movies you might consider passing over...

400 Days

Low budget sci fi/thriller style movie. A group of wanna be astronauts agree to spend 400 days locked up in a space craft in a simulation exercise for a private company. But is it really a simulation?? After about 5 minutes of this movie you are unlikely to care. Poor script, poor acting, though it has a few recognisable fringe actors,. a movie budget built on the goodwill of friends and a few thousand dollars... 2/10

The Last Witchhunter

Vin Diesel shows us his lack of versatility as an actor and plays the same character he has played in nearly all his other movies. He is just getting older and seemingly taller. It was a run off between him and Tom Cruise for the Jack Reacher role, with Tom winning through his superior height. Anyway, in this movie, he was cursed by a witch about 800 years previously and cannot die. Now he is the policeman of witches and must stop the evil witch from resurrecting and taking over the world. I'd recommend this one for any long haul flight where you like to fall asleep while watching a movie. 1/10

• Like 2

I just can't get over how brilliantly written and observant The Affair is…the song in the opening credits in particular has some of the most incredible lyrics ever.

Here it is, for anyone interested….would love to know how you interpret it….if you have been following the series:

"I was screaming into the canyon

At the moment of my death

The echo I created
Outlasted my last breath

My voice it made an avalanche
And buried a man I never knew

And when he died his widowed bride
Met your daddy and they made you

[Hook:] 3x
I have only one thing to do and that's
To be the wave that I am and then
Sink back into the ocean