What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

47 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So few decent new shows ,so i downloaded a few older mini series ,the way we live now ,with David Suchet , what a treat , Cranford with Judy Dench and wives and daughters .

all in the usual places and a treat .

No decent new series? What about...

Manhunt Unabomber

Get Shorty

The Sinner

Mr Mercedes

Ray Donovan series 5

The Murder of Laci Peterson

The Strain series 4

The State

The Deuce

On 8/23/2017 at 8:54 AM, steve187 said:

watched a few movies this week 

What happened to Monday

Brain on fire

The man who knew infinity

Cleveland abduction

The Gift

all worth watching

the last 4 based on true stories

sorry the gift should be gifted

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Bojack Horseman Season 4 coming September 8!

I'll give it a another go - I removed it from my watch list after season 3, but maybe it will be back in form... highly recommended though for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

On the other end... for utter tosh, but watchable, entertaining nonsense you could give "How to get away with Murder" a go. Or if you haven't ever seen Deadwood... <deleted> w@t@f the wrong is wrong with you, c@cks@ck@r?

(seriously, they bowdlerise w#t%f ? ) - 'they' not being HBO... any delicate flowers offended by profanity should stay away.

Edited by coops

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Manhunt Unabomber

Get Shorty

The Sinner

Mr Mercedes

Ray Donovan series 5

The Strain series 4

The State

The Deuce

I suppose it depends on personal taste so I tend to agree with bert bloggs. By chance, I found an old BBC series "New Tricks" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362357/.

Great after dinner entertainment for me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, giddyup said:

Manhunt Unabomber

Get Shorty

The Sinner

Mr Mercedes

Ray Donovan series 5

The Strain series 4

The State

The Deuce

Get shorty and Mr mercedes both good ,ray Donovan ,past its sell by date , The strain ,getting close to its sell by date , the state , where it belongs in the trash , the rest , i had a look ,but not for me ,but thanks for the list:smile:

Just started 'Broken' - not too cheery, but seems good and gets very good reviews... BBC. Sean Bean and Anna Friel...

Seeing Anna Friel reminded me of an absolute classic, belter of a series from early 2000's...

'Pushing Up Daisies' - loverly.

The Frozen Dead - A good start to this 6 part series from France.
Has embedded subs.

IMDB: A horrific discovery in a small town nestled high in the French Pyrenees begins to unravel a dark mystery that has been
hidden for years. Commandant Martin Servaz starts investigating and soon discovers a dark story of madness and revenge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2017 at 10:55 AM, giddyup said:

Manhunt Unabomber

Get Shorty

The Sinner

Mr Mercedes

Ray Donovan series 5

The Strain series 4

The State

The Deuce

Manhunt Unabomber on Discovery has been pretty entertaining.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Frozen Dead - A good start to this 6 part series from France.
Has embedded subs.

Looks worth a look...

Never keen on the hardcoded subs - usually too big, not adjustable (obviously) etc...

so had a rummage around t'interweb and found you can get 1080p Blu Ray versions of it ( under its French title) - arse... or merde... the bluray does NOT include english subtitles... oh, the humanity, stupide...

Edited by coops

Just now, thaifoodruns said:

Watching Breaking bad again, I'm enjoying it more than the first watch

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Difficult to watch again for me. Great show but u hate how it all goes pear shaped for Walt but his battle with cancer which eventually creates the warrior is kind of cool. I had heat on last night I'm really losing the will to watch anything new at present.  Few days and we will have the N3 but I need a 4 season super show like the Wire to glance at whilst I do other stuff. I watched the wire seasons 1-4/5? So much in the last two years. If anyone has anything g remotely like the wore please advise name? The shield was ok but no where near as good as the wire. Mcnulty and his partner killed it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Difficult to watch again for me. Great show but u hate how it all goes pear shaped for Walt but his battle with cancer which eventually creates the warrior is kind of cool. I had heat on last night I'm really losing the will to watch anything new at present.  Few days and we will have the N3 but I need a 4 season super show like the Wire to glance at whilst I do other stuff. I watched the wire seasons 1-4/5? So much in the last two years. If anyone has anything g remotely like the wore please advise name? The shield was ok but no where near as good as the wire. Mcnulty and his partner killed it.

Get Shorty is pretty good, but just 4 episodes out yet.