What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Documentary - Crime + Punishment 

Quite a powerful doco I thought.

Summary: Amidst a landmark class action lawsuit over illegal policing quotas, Crime + Punishment chronicles the real lives and struggles of a group of black and Latino whistleblower cops and the young minorities they are pressured to arrest and summons in New York City.

• Thanks 1

The remake of "Picnic at Hanging Rock" into a miniseries https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6038954/ is available: at the usual places. Some may say that after the greatness of the movie it is a flop, however I found it entertaining. It was certainly better [in my opinion] than the series Condor https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6510950/ another remake of a great movie.

1 hour ago, newatthis said:

The remake of "Picnic at Hanging Rock" into a miniseries https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6038954/ is available: at the usual places. Some may say that after the greatness of the movie it is a flop, however I found it entertaining. It was certainly better [in my opinion] than the series Condor https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6510950/ another remake of a great movie.

Very PC having an aboriginal girl in a private boarding school in those days ,would never have happened . but apart from that ,this series was a disaster , don't you think ,couldn't be bothered to watch it all ,watch the original movie , they don't have to pad the story out to 6 episodes .

30 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

Very PC having an aboriginal girl in a private boarding school in those days ,would never have happened . 

History is constantly being rewritten by the media to include non-whites in places and occupations they never appeared historically.

• Like 1

Some great tv shows at the moment.

Spud17 dropped L'Accident with subs...a french thriller abut a woman found dead in her car

Sno dropped Deadwind which i think is brilliant...

Guyane is from barshynkv .... Im not watching it until I have all episodes in hand....

And here is my nominee for film of the moment...

Pop Aye....a wonderful film about a city architect who buys back an elephant in bangkok and goes on a road trip to return

the big guy to his stomping grounds in Loei.....just wonderful.....and made by a singaporean director....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Very PC having an aboriginal girl in a private boarding school in those days ,would never have happened . but apart from that ,this series was a disaster , don't you think ,couldn't be bothered to watch it all ,watch the original movie , they don't have to pad the story out to 6 episodes .

I thought the original was pretty much a yawn fest. Highly overrated IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Some great tv shows at the moment.

Spud17 dropped L'Accident with subs...a french thriller abut a woman found dead in her car

Sno dropped Deadwind which i think is brilliant...

Guyane is from barshynkv .... Im not watching it until I have all episodes in hand....

And here is my nominee for film of the moment...

Pop Aye....a wonderful film about a city architect who buys back an elephant in bangkok and goes on a road trip to return

the big guy to his stomping grounds in Loei.....just wonderful.....and made by a singaporean director....

I thought Pop Aye was only fair TBH.

Two episodes into Deadwind and I'm enjoying it.

For me so far, Guyane is the pick of the bunch.

42 minutes ago, sceadugenga said:

I was told Luther SE5 is to be  released soon.... any news of a date?

No release date has been confirmed, but I think season 4 was released around

December, so if I was a betting man I'd say towards the end of the year.

2 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I watched S04 in May this year, and at the time it only said "2018" for S05, so we'll wait and see. I thought it was an excellent series.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Your expertise as a betting man is well regarded and those that have not have had ample opportunity to regret it. :cool:

I'll wait expectantly for an end of year release.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really like Ozark on Netflix.  Bateman has reinvented himself a bit here.

I stopped watching S1 when they had an episode involving a murder of a baby but I looked at S2 and can see the child survived.

Just as entertaining as breaking bad and better than better call Saul imo.

• Like 2

Reported Missing

BBC ONE 21:00 MON 3 SEP

The father of five-year-old Tyler has reported his son missing, having not seen him in two years after a custody dispute with Tyler's mum Tracey. But things take a sinister twist when Tracey denies that Tyler exists.