What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

So I finally got around to watching The Expatriate... Seemed to be a hybrid of Taken and another spy movie that escapes me... Fairly mundane, save for bond girl Olga Kurylenko - who really played a shit part but still made it "look" good hahaha... I'll give it a 4.5 for story line, 5.5 for Olga wink.png

Elementary: Another interesting episode though, relying on "recent world events" is best left for the Law & Order franchise. Still a good episode and could take some interesting turns...

Anger Management: Hahaha yeah it is what it is... Like it or hate it...

Two and a Half Men: A bit predictable but a few one liners that keep me in...

Fortunately a quiet day in the office to polish these off during office hours hahaha...

Office hours really should not be about work

Office hours really should not be about work

Hahah indeed... Quiet day in the office - especially after a noisey night before outside the office - was pretty much what the doctor ordered in preparation for the weekend, there'll be no time for movies over this weekend...

Edited by GrantSmith

You should watch Criminal Minds from the beginning and see how the characters and plots develop over time. Otherwise, you miss things that are refered to that you will not understand.

Ill see if i can find series 1 to download

I agree, you should watch it from the beginning. It's very like Dexter. Or even other series like Greys Anatomy or Desperate Housewives.

You get to know the characters.

It's not a movie I am watching at the moment, rather it's one I watched on a regular basis while I was serving in the Australian Navy, Yellow Beard. I would love to know where I can get a copy of it. A great movie that provided entertainment for a bunch of bored sailors both at sea and along side, it was often referred to as an essential training film.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Essential training film? tongue.png Why was that?

There are some downloads available.

http://torrentz.eu/605afd53feba397a336115b467fe0d6f9f42bdc0

Thank you Bookman, I'll give that a bit of a gander a bit later when I have a moment.

Went to see Prisoners, which I thought was a very intense movie, sometimes an endurance test, but there were some very good performances. Hugh Jackman was emotionally exposed in his character and I think he will be among the Oscar nominees for this particular role.........you heard it here first. biggrin.png

Of course if Daniel Day Lewis makes a movie, it's all over.

I have to say his acting in There Will Be Blood & Lincoln was exceptional.

Edited by uptheos

Hello Ladies, haven't seen this one yet...New series, comedy, up to Episode 2. Has the English Comedic Actor Stephen Merchant starring

http://youtu.be/e_XyV-IO0lo

So I caught up on the first 3 episodes of this, f*** me Merchant's an annoying <deleted> in this show, but the wheelchair bound midget's freaking hilarious!

Hopefully gets better...

• Like 2

White House Down: Well... If ever there was a reason to throw about 'that old chestnut' about not judging a book by its cover; this is one of those moments. I'm not usually partial to Channing Tatum's movies, I'm not really sure what type of actor to take him for - comedic action hero? Gotta say, I freakin' loved this movie! Well loved is probably a bit strong but I got way more into it than I thought I would. Very much Die Hard'esque and I f***ing hate James Woods! Jamie Foxx played a pretty good Obama impersonation :P Maggie Gyllenhaal wasn't too bad either.

If there was an Oscar for "Most Surprising Film" I'd nominate White House Down hahaha...

The rest of the TV series this week have been pretty decent, with the exception of NCIS - needs to focus more on Ziva and less on Mike Franks... The Blacklist continues to intrigue and Sleepy Hollow is, well, I don't know, but I like it. SoA - welcome back! Hopefully see a bit more action coming up, good to see Bobby (I leave it at that ;) )! Chicago Fire? Hmm.. Like it...

Just finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist and I really enjoyed this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2032557/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A young Pakistani man is chasing corporate success on Wall Street. He finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.

I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot more than the rating of 6.6 given on IMBD. To be honest, I prefer the reviews

given on "At the Movies" with Margaret and David http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s3750461.htm

I'm giving it a 7.5.

• Like 1

Olympus Has Fallen: If you like a bit of escapism for a few hours, this one could be for you.

IMBD: Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2302755/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Pretty much along the Die Hard theme. A tad far fetched (but aren't they all) but lot's of action in this one.

I thought it was pretty good and would give it a 7.

Olympus Has Fallen: If you like a bit of escapism for a few hours, this one could be for you.

IMBD: Disgraced former Presidential guard Mike Banning finds himself trapped inside the White House in the wake of a terrorist attack; using his inside knowledge, Banning works with national security to rescue the President from his kidnappers.

Pretty much along the Die Hard theme. A tad far fetched (but aren't they all) but lot's of action in this one.

Exceptionally similar to White House Down. PoUSA, Secret Service, father-daughter (oh wait that was only in White House Down - in Olympus has Fallen it was the first son), inside job, die hard'esque...

But I think White House Down wins for me, given Channing Tatum's young Bruce Willis banter...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I couldn't be bothered watching White House Down, or Olympus Has Fallen, last time I was on the plane. I tried to watch Cockneys v Zombies, but it was too unpleasant, so I settled for Oblivion, with Tom Cruise as Dorian Grey. I preferred The Lone Ranger, though I may have misunderstood, as I was expecting a film about the man who brought home finance to the West... Anyway, I must've nodded off through the first fifteen minutes or so, and I didn't really understand the plot, but that didn't seem to make a big difference. Great music, bytheway!

I couldn't be bothered watching White House Down, or Olympus Has Fallen, last time I was on the plane. I tried to watch Cockneys v Zombies, but it was too unpleasant, so I settled for Oblivion, with Tom Cruise as Dorian Grey. I preferred The Lone Ranger, though I may have misunderstood, as I was expecting a film about the man who brought home finance to the West... Anyway, I must've nodded off through the first fifteen minutes or so, and I didn't really understand the plot, but that didn't seem to make a big difference. Great music, bytheway!

The music is debatable, and you can listen to the debate on NPR.

I have listened to the two versions, the original as written, and the modified version for the film.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to what you enjoy in music.

It is either enjoyable, or not.

Best just to listen to what we like,

With a good set of headphones.

The music is debatable, and you can listen to the debate on NPR.

I have listened to the two versions, the original as written, and the modified version for the film.

There is no right or wrong when it comes to what you enjoy in music.

It is either enjoyable, or not.

Best just to listen to what we like,

With a good set of headphones.

Music without accompanying action is like chips without curry sauce. Tchaikovsky knew that.

SC

I'm feeling a bit chilled and up for some sequels this weekend, so I've lined up 'Despicable Me 2' and 'Grown Ups 2'

Just watched Grown Ups 2... Hahaha <deleted> me that was a good laugh.. Oh.. And Salma Hayak yum yum yum..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just finished The Reluctant Fundamentalist and I really enjoyed this one.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2032557/?ref_=nv_sr_1

From IMDB: A young Pakistani man is chasing corporate success on Wall Street. He finds himself embroiled in a conflict between his American Dream, a hostage crisis, and the enduring call of his family's homeland.

I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot more than the rating of 6.6 given on IMBD. To be honest, I prefer the reviews

given on "At the Movies" with Margaret and David http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s3750461.htm

I'm giving it a 7.5.

We are in agreement on these ones Will27.

Reluctant fundamentalist was a pleasant surprise and well worth anyone giving it a viewing. Surprised IMDB was only 6.6

Also enjoyed Olympus has fallen. It avoided a lot of the cliches of this genre

• Like 1

I'm feeling a bit chilled and up for some sequels this weekend, so I've lined up 'Despicable Me 2' and 'Grown Ups 2'

Just watched Grown Ups 2... Hahaha <deleted> me that was a good laugh.. Oh.. And Salma Hayak yum yum yum..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Salma is hot stuff alright.

Grown Ups 1 I thought was a little funnier

Just finished watching: Tyson: Raw and Uncut - The Rise of Iron Mike

Over 5 hours of Tyson from the beginning as an 19 year old until

just before he won the world championship.

Like him or loather him, the man could box. I reckon if he didn't

sack his trainer Kevin Rooney and take on Don King as his manger,

he could've gone down as the greatest heavyweight ever.

• Like 1