What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I watched GI Joe, Rise of the Cobra last night on dvd, not too bad, less action than I was expecting, lots of gadgets and some good special effects. I will give it 7/10.

I might have a look at that one in that case.  I have put it off expecting a dud

Sorry, I thought u meant the second one GI Joe retaliation....

I did see Rise of the Cobra a while back.  Posted Image   

I watched Retaliation tonight, alot more action than Rise of the Cobra, lots more shooting and things being blown up, great for the action junkie, less gadgets and plenty of ninja sword play.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I watched GI Joe, Rise of the Cobra last night on dvd, not too bad, less action than I was expecting, lots of gadgets and some good special effects. I will give it 7/10.

I might have a look at that one in that case. I have put it off expecting a dud

Sorry, I thought u meant the second one GI Joe retaliation....

I did see Rise of the Cobra a while back. thumbsup.gif

I watched Retaliation tonight, alot more action than Rise of the Cobra, lots more shooting and things being blown up, great for the action junkie, less gadgets and plenty of ninja sword play.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I like these kinds of movies to have plenty of action...that's why I like to watch them thumbsup.gif

I been watching Justified seasons 1-2-3 for the last week or so.

Still have season 4 to watch.

Love it.

Just downloaded Defiance season 1, looks promising if you are into alien stuff which I am (sometimes, lol).

Hope House of Cards season 2 will be made soon, season 1 was awesome.

• Like 2

I been watching Justified seasons 1-2-3 for the last week or so.

Still have season 4 to watch.

Love it.

Just downloaded Defiance season 1, looks promising if you are into alien stuff which I am (sometimes, lol).

Hope House of Cards season 2 will be made soon, season 1 was awesome.

House of cards season one was terrific. I watched that over a 2 day marathon. Likewise, hope season 2 is just as good

• Like 1

Suits , easy watching & enjoyable.

Ray Donovan, great show when will he knock off the old man? James Woods coming in can only make it better.

Americans, still deciding if this will be as good as it gets. Interesting plot but something missing.

Rogue, pretty ordinary so far.

Unforgettable. Like this show.

Just started watching The Wire again, IMO the best made for TV mini series yet.

How are they going to keep Homeland as good as it was??

Great thread thanks for suggestions.

• Like 1

Latest episode of Ray Donovan! Didn't see that coming! Season finale next week... Not so sure I want to see Micky get knocked off anymore hahaha...

Anger Management has crept back under the radar as well... Always good for a laugh...

Just landed "Red Obsession" really looking forward to this, has been the talk of the Wine World for quite sometime...

• Like 1

Boardwalk Empire for me is just a fill in until the good stuff comes back from summer break... They need to knock Nooky off to make it end hahaha...

** Spoiler Alert **

I lost interest at the end of the season when Nooky's wife signed over the land to the Catholic church...

Edited by BookMan

New season 4 of Boardwalk Empire started last week.

New season of Strike Back has reached episode 5, pretty racy lesbian sex scene in episode 5.

You would be on Season 4 Strike Back?

I have just got back into Season 2 and almost finished that. Always lots of action...high body count...the hero saving the woman (well, not always)...A 7.5/10 from me. Season 2 is better than season 1 IMO

So Boardwalk Empire took a new twist... Could be interesting... Could be more of the same...

Burn Notice has seemingly finished for ever now, thought it was just a summer break but they threw in the finale last Thursday... Bit of a tear jerker... Shame it's all done and dusted... Was one of my favorites...

Also picked up a new series called Sleepy Hollow.. Haven't watched it yet, so we'll see what the fuss is about...

• Like 1

So Boardwalk Empire took a new twist... Could be interesting... Could be more of the same...

Burn Notice has seemingly finished for ever now, thought it was just a summer break but they threw in the finale last Thursday... Bit of a tear jerker... Shame it's all done and dusted... Was one of my favorites...

Also picked up a new series called Sleepy Hollow.. Haven't watched it yet, so we'll see what the fuss is about...

Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't heard of Sleepy Hollow until you mentioned it. Could be okay.

True is running Carnivale at the minute and I'd forgotten how good it is/was.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Probably due to the subject matter, it flew under the radar a bit but it's superb.

Another quality drama from HBO.

Some dark subject matter in that series?

I guess so. Good versus evil, heaven and hell etc.

Following a carnival around in 1930's with freaks etc won't be everyone's cup of tea I guess.

I just thought it was different. I really enjoyed it although it won't be for everyone.

True is running Carnivale at the minute and I'd forgotten how good it is/was.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0319969/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Probably due to the subject matter, it flew under the radar a bit but it's superb.

Another quality drama from HBO.

Some dark subject matter in that series?

I guess so. Good versus evil, heaven and hell etc.

Following a carnival around in 1930's with freaks etc won't be everyone's cup of tea I guess.

I just thought it was different. I really enjoyed it although it won't be for everyone.

True will have cut all the sex scenes.

Better to download the uncut version.

A small bit of trivia relating to some shows that have been mentioned recently.

Dean Norris, who plays Hank Schrader in Breaking Bad, also plays a lead role as Big Jim Rennie in Under The Dome

Ray Donovan. Liev Schreiber who plays Ray Donovan also starred in the Larry David movie Clear History (as a Chechen)

BTW. I am giving Clear History a 5.5/10.

I am a big fan of Larry David and I love his Curb Your Enthusiasm series but Clear History didn't quite work. It did have some laughs, and had a good cast of known stars, but it seemed more like something Larry popped out because he doesn't want to make anymore Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes. I got a sense that the movie could even be a lead in to a Clear History series, much like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Edited by BookMan

Dean Norris, who plays Hank Schrader in Breaking Bad, also plays a lead role as Big Jim Rennie in Under The Dome

Ray Donovan. Liev Schreiber who plays Ray Donovan also starred in the Larry David movie Clear History (as a Chechen)

I am a big fan of Larry David and I love his Curb Your Enthusiasm series but Clear History didn't quite work. It did have some laughs, and had a good cast of known stars, but it seemed more like something Larry popped out because he doesn't want to make anymore Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes. I got a sense that the movie could even be a lead in to a Clear History series, much like Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Thanks for the review.

I was hoping Clear History would be nearly as good CYE.

Will give it a spin soon.

Thanks for the review.

I was hoping Clear History would be nearly as good CYE.

Will give it a spin soon.

Same humour but not as good, IMO.

Edited by BookMan

This is the End: Ummm.... well... yeah it's a bit of a stoner flick... All the actors play themselves... Emma Watson speaks in a British accent (thank you Lord!)

Overall it's a bit of a piss take but a combination of Superbad, Pineapple Express and any other Seth Rogan film.. Watched it last night because I couldn't sleep, I'd give it a 5/10... It's got its funny moments but overall not worth the re-watch...