What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I all. I am enjoying Strikeback, hostages, the blacklist, homeland, agents of shield and of course new family guy

Welcome to the thread cmcom.

All good series you mention.

I have just caught up with Strikeback. A good series and there are a couple of fans of the series on this thread. Lots of action, high body count and plenty of good looking women (or men)

Lots of naked men in the last episode of Strikeback, no naked women.

Disappointing!

I all. I am enjoying Strikeback, hostages, the blacklist, homeland, agents of shield and of course new family guy

Welcome to the thread cmcom.

All good series you mention.

I have just caught up with Strikeback. A good series and there are a couple of fans of the series on this thread. Lots of action, high body count and plenty of good looking women (or men)

Lots of naked men in the last episode of Strikeback, no naked women.

Disappointing!

I wish I didnt know that.

I'm still looking forward to the two girls episode

The missus and I went and watched Smurfs 2 today, I didn't know what to expect from a sequel, but IMO this is a well made movie that has something for everyone from young children to grey haired children, very entertaining with plenty to tickle your funny bone. 4+ out of 5.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The Lone Ranger has popped up today! Been looking for this for quite a while...

The Internship has also found it's way into my iPad

Will also be watching SoA, Chicago Fire, Elementary, Two and Half Men and Anger Management over the weekend

NCIS: All I can say is FINALLY! Call me a sap, but god dammit, nice work! (I won't spoil it for those who watch it)

NSIC: Los Angeles yeah bit of a bridging episode really, good to right the ship ;)

Law & Order SVU: I'm getting a feeling that this will be Benson's last season, which I'm ok with, without Stabler she's been pretty crap. Tutuola (Ice T) is keeping me in the game, actually the newish ADA - Barbosa or whatever his name is, is giving me a few laughs...

Whitechapel: Is losing me a bit, I'm hoping that batty old git who keeps popping up at the crime scenes gets her comeuppance! I wanna take a baseball bat to her head.

• Like 1

The Lone Ranger has popped up today! Been looking for this for quite a while...

The Internship has also found it's way into my iPad

Will also be watching SoA, Chicago Fire, Elementary, Two and Half Men and Anger Management over the weekend

NCIS: All I can say is FINALLY! Call me a sap, but god dammit, nice work! (I won't spoil it for those who watch it)

NSIC: Los Angeles yeah bit of a bridging episode really, good to right the ship wink.png

Law & Order SVU: I'm getting a feeling that this will be Benson's last season, which I'm ok with, without Stabler she's been pretty crap. Tutuola (Ice T) is keeping me in the game, actually the newish ADA - Barbosa or whatever his name is, is giving me a few laughs...

Whitechapel: Is losing me a bit, I'm hoping that batty old git who keeps popping up at the crime scenes gets her comeuppance! I wanna take a baseball bat to her head.

Give up Whitechapel mate, it doesn't get better.

Speaking of give ups..

I have stopped watching The Bridge...about episode 10 or 11 I think. It just started getting too stupid. A shame really. Couple of good actors in it.

Elementary Season 2 ep1 was excellent. I feel a slight shift away from season 2 and i'll look forward to it progressing

Yup I fear it might be on the chopping block...

Elementary: Yup, liked the twist to begin with! Let's hope it stays on that path... And Lucy Liu of course *giggity* biggrin.png

Yeah, she has lost very little with age. Not sure how much of a soft focus lens they use on her, but , at 44 she gets a thumbs up from me thumbsup.gif

Elementary: Yup, liked the twist to begin with! Let's hope it stays on that path... And Lucy Liu of course *giggity* biggrin.png

Yeah, she has lost very little with age. Not sure how much of a soft focus lens they use on her, but , at 44 she gets a thumbs up from me thumbsup.gif

She get's 3 thumbs up from mebiggrin.png

Boing!

• Like 2

Boing!

Lucy prefers someone her own age I believe.

Coincidentally I am the same age as her tongue.png

• Like 1

Boing!

Lucy prefers someone her own age I believe.

Coincidentally I am the same age as her tongue.png

Hahaha speaking of, I watched the latest ep last night, it must have been the 720p HD version I was watching because her features were sharp as... Giggity... The episode itself was definitely one for the geeks!

SoA: bravo boys, well played, did not see that coming at all and glad it happened!

Chicago Fire: very interesting. Glad I started watching.

Two and a Half Men: ahhhh you do make me laugh, even though Charlie Sheen is the show...

I wish spooks would return. And 24. Actually 24 is coming back in 2014

Spooks was great. The last few seasons had some silly parts from memory, esp the last series, I guess they didnt want to leave it open to further series

• Like 1

Have just finished watching Hannibal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2243973/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Not great, but not bad either. Based on the Thomas Harris novels

the Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal.

I guess my main gripe is the casting. I don't think Mads Mikkelsen

makes a great Hannibel Lecter. Perhaps I was just used to seeing

Anthony Hopkins superb portrayal of him. And Laurence Fishburne

doesn't quite work for me as Jack Crawford either.

All in all, I'd give it a 7.

2 Guns: Mark Wahlberg and Denzel Washington play a Naval Intelligence officer and Drug Enforcement Agent who team up to try and get inside a drug cartel. During the course of the movie they set about trying to set each other up not knowing they're technically on the same side. Wahlberg's pretty funny during the movie despite his role and Denzel is... well.. he's Denzel... The charcter Papi Greco (Drug cartel king pin) is pretty dam_n funny too.

Also caught up on Ray Donovan - hate James Woods normally, but so far his character is not too bad. Sully's mum though was quite funny in that episode.

Found myself a version of 2 Guns to watch today.. I like both Denzel and Wahlberg and I like action movies so i should have liked this more than I did.

This one though was more of the same old same old.. Money, sassy attitudes, betrayal, muscle cars, lots of guns, rehashed plot lines...

5/10 from me

Here's an interesting "locally" made, I say "locally" because it's made in the Asia Pacific region.. Produced by HBO Asia and the ABC..

Serangoon Road IMDB calls it a "detective noir" series... It's set in Singapore in the 60's post British independence. Watched the first episode tonight to set what it's like... Not bad I guess, I'll pick up the 2nd episode tomorrow...

Was watching Serangoon Road (not sure how I feel about it yet) and trying to place the lead actor and it finally hit me.

He was in a crime series East West 101 (mentioned in this thread) which appeared on SBS in Australia. It ran for 3 seasons

Don Hany is his name; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0361546/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

Here's an interesting "locally" made, I say "locally" because it's made in the Asia Pacific region.. Produced by HBO Asia and the ABC..

Serangoon Road IMDB calls it a "detective noir" series... It's set in Singapore in the 60's post British independence. Watched the first episode tonight to set what it's like... Not bad I guess, I'll pick up the 2nd episode tomorrow...

Was watching Serangoon Road (not sure how I feel about it yet) and trying to place the lead actor and it finally hit me.

He was in a crime series East West 101 (mentioned in this thread) which appeared on SBS in Australia. It ran for 3 seasons

Don Hany is his name; http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0361546/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

I hadn't realised Serangoon Road was a serial. I've recorded one, but not got round to watching yet.

Personally, I prefer Children's Animation, and I can recommend Pirates! Band of Misfits, from the Aardman stable.

SC

Go see Gravity, it is the best commercial film released in many decades...tight tense thriller that interrogates the evolution of humanity at the same time as aligning space exploration with contemporary aspirations and disappointments using hyper-real, jaw dropping cinematography. Bullock is convincing as the heroine; stunning, game changing cinema, don't miss it.

I have stopped watching The Bridge...about episode 10 or 11 I think. It just started getting too stupid. A shame really. Couple of good actors in it.

I enjoyed it right to the end of the season and so did other people that I know that watch a lot of quality films and TV. To each his own.

I enjoyed it right to the end of the season and so did other people that I know that watch a lot of quality films and TV. To each his own.

I enjoyed the first half of the series and a number of the characters were terrific,

Detective Sonya Cross (with aspergers)

Detective Marco Ruiz (mexican cop)

Steven Linder (the guy who saves the girls)

Charlotte Millwright (the Widower rancher )

Where it fell down, IMO was the ongoing story line. I felt that one group of writers had created the characters and another group of writers were doing the story line.

The problem for me was the Character of Kenneth Hastings and how integral he was to the story line. It was plausible to a point, but then it became a well worn cliche of the 'brilliant ex law enforcement guy turns bad guy'. Apparently an expert in everything from technology to information gathering to manipulation etc. etc. It just wasn't plausible to me and it needed to be as it was the thread that is meant to hold the first series together.

When he smashed into the car and took the son (ep.11?) I actually laughed at the implausibility...That was the last episode I watched.

The Lone Ranger: Well... If it weren't for Johnny Depp, the movie would have fallen apart and/or not have been worth watching. That being said, he is in it, and I must say it's almost a native american variation of Captain Jack Sparrow... Lots of witty one liners put in a way only Depp can do.. Otherwise a fairly bog standard version of the story. I'm pushing a 5, without Depp probably a 3.5....

When he smashed into the car and took the son (ep.11?) I actually laughed at the implausibility...That was the last episode I watched.

It sounds like you are a lot more picky about plausibility than I am when it comes to entertainment. To me, much of Breaking Bad was far from realistic, but I still loved it. Those scumbags who just stumbled into something like 40 million dollars are going to keep cooking crank and risk getting busted?

I just watched the first two episodes of Criminal Minds for this year and it was absolutely ridiculous as far as plausibility, but I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

Edited by Ulysses G.