What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

I'm up to the last episode of this years Criminal Minds. I sort of spoilt if for myself - watching 4 or 5 episodes one after another - and got a bit bored. But still like it.

Just about to make a nice cuppa and watch last nights Downton Abbey.

When he smashed into the car and took the son (ep.11?) I actually laughed at the implausibility...That was the last episode I watched.

It sounds like you are a lot more picky about plausibility than I am when it comes to entertainment. To me, much of Breaking Bad was far from realistic, but I still loved it. Those scumbags who just stumbled into something like 40 million dollars are going to keep cooking crank and risk getting busted?

I just watched the first two episodes of Criminal Minds for this year and it was absolutely ridiculous as far as plausibility, but I still enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next episode.

You are correct UG, I am picky about certain shows and plotlines. The context of my implausible comment was related only to The Bridge. They could have done so much better with the character and his limitations. No need to make him into the World's smartest, most technologically whizbang, diabolically cunning, 23 moves ahead of the police, super criminal. That aspect of the storyline doesn't fit the show.

Another incredibly annoying show was The Following. Are they ever going to call for backup? Oh no, They can drive one hour to catch the serial killer, but not call for backup. That scenario became vastly annoying and implausible, within the context of the show.

Implausibility however is not always bad. Breaking Bad was a favourite show of mine as is Walking Dead. Various Sci-Fi and Fantasy shows and movies and various Action movies. I don't take Fast and The Furious as being based in reality. Big Bang Theory and assorted comedies. In the case of those shows I am comfortable with the implausibility meter.

Another incredibly annoying show was The Following. Are they ever going to call for backup? Oh no, They can drive one hour to catch the serial killer, but not call for backup. That scenario became vastly annoying and implausible, within the context of the show.

Aww c'mon BM like you could see the neighbor being in on the whole thing - which will most likely be the focus of the 2nd series, should Kevin Bacon still be around - it got fairly predictable mid way through but kept me interested because I wanted to see what's his name - the psycho - get his arse handed to him (which it did thankfully) and some of his cult posse as well get f***** off, cults, hate them with a passion.

Hopefully it kicks off again and regains its initial interest.

Aww c'mon BM like you could see the neighbor being in on the whole thing - which will most likely be the focus of the 2nd series, should Kevin Bacon still be around - it got fairly predictable mid way through but kept me interested because I wanted to see what's his name - the psycho - get his arse handed to him (which it did thankfully) and some of his cult posse as well get f***** off, cults, hate them with a passion.

Hopefully it kicks off again and regains its initial interest.

Just call for backup! K Bacon is an hour away. The killer can be caught if backup is called. No need to drive yourself across town in the hope the killer will wait one hour for you to arrive. Call your fellow police! You'd think he'd learn after the 5th time

Just call for backup! K Bacon is an hour away. The killer can be caught if backup is called. No need to drive yourself across town in the hope the killer will wait one hour for you to arrive. Call your fellow police! You'd think he'd learn after the 5th time

Hahahah love it BM

But how's this for freaking creepy!

I have one of these free app apps - has a daily run down of apps you normally would pay for - but for the day they're free... So I just get the notification and BAM! What comes up today? An app called "iPoe" I shit you not! An app devoted to all Edgar's ramblings...

My answer to their suggestion?

Never more! Hah...

• Like 1

Hello Ladies, haven't seen this one yet...New series, comedy, up to Episode 2. Has the English Comedic Actor Stephen Merchant starring

http://youtu.be/e_XyV-IO0lo

Was channel surfing last week and saw Steve Merchant on the Jimmy Fallon (gee that's dreadful) Show.

They showed a clip which looked pretty funny. Merchant was very funny. Maybe he's stepping out of the

shadow of Ricky Gervais.

Have just picked up season 2 of The Newsroom.

Haven't watched it yet but season 1 was fantastic.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1870479/?ref_=nv_sr_1

As the title suggests, it revolves around a cable TV newsroom

and centres around it's staff.

The anchor is superbly played by Jeff Daniels and his boss by

the excellent Sam Waterson. Jane Fonda has just appeared as

the networks owner.

A typical quality HBO production.

I'd rate it a solid 8.

the networks owner.

I'd rate it a solid 8.

HBO have done some terrific series. Here is a list of some of their best:

Game of Thrones

The Wire

The Sopranos

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Band of Brothers

Entourage

True Blood

The Pacific

Oz

Six Feet Under

Rome

Newsroom

Veep

In Treatment

Flight of the Conchords

Big Love

Treme

Generation Kill

Sex and The City

• Like 1

the networks owner.

I'd rate it a solid 8.

HBO have done some terrific series. Here is a list of some of their best:

Game of Thrones

The Wire

The Sopranos

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Boardwalk Empire

Deadwood

Band of Brothers

Entourage

True Blood

The Pacific

Oz

Six Feet Under

Rome

Newsroom

Veep

In Treatment

Flight of the Conchords

Big Love

Treme

Generation Kill

Sex and The City

If I was to list my favourite 5 drama's, they would be

Sopranos

The Wire

Breaking Bad

Justified &

The Shield.

Don't think I've forgotten any.

And one of my favourite characters was Ari Gold

from Entourage.

Yep, HBO produce some quality.

"It's not TV, it's HBO"thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

And HBO produce some absolute <deleted>! But agree they have a good stable...

Bored-walk Empire is hanging by a thread and I can't see it going into another season if it continues down this path...

The junky madam really has to go, as does Chalky's muscle man.

God Thursday is a shit day for TV out of the states! Very slim pickings, I was going to give up on Whitechapel but I found myself with the latest episode as there's sweet fanny adams to watch today aside from SVU and the 2nd episode of Ironside.

The Tomorrow People episode one is out...

Sleepy Hollow is becoming a lot darker than I thought it would. Not so bad thus far

God Thursday is a shit day for TV out of the states! Very slim pickings, I was going to give up on Whitechapel but I found myself with the latest episode as there's sweet fanny adams to watch today aside from SVU and the 2nd episode of Ironside.

Sleepy Hollow is becoming a lot darker than I thought it would. Not so bad thus far

Sleepy Hollow: I'm liking it with every new episode.

The Tomorrow People: Enough sci-fi on my plate at the moment tongue.png and looks like a spin-off / rip-off of Heroes... Not that I watched/nor liked Heroes all that much...

Edited by GrantSmith
  • Like 1

The Tomorrow People: Enough sci-fi on my plate at the moment tongue.png and looks like a spin-off / rip-off of Heroes... Not that I watched/nor liked Heroes all that much...

Tomorrow People ..... remake of the UK 1970s TV series

What was the original one like?

What was the original one like?

Young adult sci-fi similar to Dr. Who.

Nothing scary, nothing sexy.

I made a mistake, I was watching Season 8 of Criminal Minds!! Just downloaded the first three of Season 9, to while away a cold, wet Autumnal Swiss afternoon.

I think i have seen the odd episode of Criminal Minds here and there. Would you recommend starting at series one or i can just pick it up around season 5?

So I finally got around to watching The Expatriate... Seemed to be a hybrid of Taken and another spy movie that escapes me... Fairly mundane, save for bond girl Olga Kurylenko - who really played a shit part but still made it "look" good hahaha... I'll give it a 4.5 for story line, 5.5 for Olga ;)

Elementary: Another interesting episode though, relying on "recent world events" is best left for the Law & Order franchise. Still a good episode and could take some interesting turns...

Anger Management: Hahaha yeah it is what it is... Like it or hate it...

Two and a Half Men: A bit predictable but a few one liners that keep me in...

Fortunately a quiet day in the office to polish these off during office hours hahaha...

It's not a movie I am watching at the moment, rather it's one I watched on a regular basis while I was serving in the Australian Navy, Yellow Beard. I would love to know where I can get a copy of it. A great movie that provided entertainment for a bunch of bored sailors both at sea and along side, it was often referred to as an essential training film.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's not a movie I am watching at the moment, rather it's one I watched on a regular basis while I was serving in the Australian Navy, Yellow Beard. I would love to know where I can get a copy of it. A great movie that provided entertainment for a bunch of bored sailors both at sea and along side, it was often referred to as an essential training film.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Essential training film? tongue.png Why was that?

There are some downloads available.

http://torrentz.eu/605afd53feba397a336115b467fe0d6f9f42bdc0