What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Talking about “ Man versus Ape “, watched Kong Scull Island .

I suppose there’s only so many ways you can do the King Kong story !
Seems like they gave it some thought in how to come up with a different take on the original and they succeeded !
It was certainly different but not good.

Storyline very far fetched and rushed.
Special effects were good but still not worth watching.

24 minutes ago, thaifoodruns said:

Started watching Subbura on Netflix in Italian with English subs

I'm on episode 3, looks promising didn't check my phone once during!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If it's anything like gonorrhoea the series it's going to be top notch.

Liar is enjoyable despite descending a long way from a credible storyline;

Victoria is as good as series 1; 

The Last post hasn't quite mastered the interaction between the main characters in their roles (RMP in 60s Aden) in any believable sense and contains some gaping errors re accuracy in some scenes but it is nonetheless not too bad after 2 episodes;

Our Girl (RAMC current-era medic in Nepal) has returned & looks good in a trailer;

The Vietnam War is on par with the World at War from the 70's;

Bad Move (sitcom-Jack Dee) is better that expected too :)

Just my 2p

On 11/10/2017 at 7:41 AM, thaifoodruns said:

Started watching Subbura on Netflix in Italian with English subs

I'm on episode 3, looks promising didn't check my phone once during!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nice spot suburra the series. I thought I'd seen it before at first but it's the same characters from the film ir at least the gypsies are the same. Powered through 3.5 in one sitting so yes, very entertaining.

• Like 1

Nice spot suburra the series. I thought I'd seen it before at first but it's the same characters from the film ir at least the gypsies are the same. Powered through 3.5 in one sitting so yes, very entertaining.

I watched the movie today, I won't comment on it since you haven't finished the series, might spoil it for you. Besides the gypies the bold and blonde character is played by the same actor as well.

Found Gomorrah, also Italian movie made into a series in US Netflix, IMDB 8.7, about mafia family in Naples. Will check it out tmr or Saturday can only concentrate so long with subtitles

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, thaifoodruns said:

I watched the movie today, I won't comment on it since you haven't finished the series, might spoil it for you. Besides the gypies the bold and blonde character is played by the same actor as well.

Found Gomorrah, also Italian movie made into a series in US Netflix, IMDB 8.7, about mafia family in Naples. Will check it out tmr or Saturday can only concentrate so long with subtitles

Very similar but maybe gomorrah series is a bit better than suburra series but this is still very good. 

Just now, thaifoodruns said:

You confused me for hours trying get what you wrote here...this was before I knew it was called gomorrah

Lol sorry man that's the predictive text and my lazy ness to check.

If you can handle subs look at:

A prophet 

Mesrine 1 & 2

Bullhead

• Like 1

Just started watching Season 3 of Josh on iPlayer.
Comedy about 3 flatmates with Jack Dee as the landlord.

Admittedly not the greatest sitcom ever but has some funny one liners and Jack Dee makes me laugh [emoji23].

Go on give it a go, what have you got to lose ?
( apart from 30 minutes of your time obviously [emoji849] )

On 09/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, coops said:

Was going to go and see the new Blade Runner movie... but discovered the wife hasn't see the original one. 

:shock1:

So, gives me a good reason to rewatch the original with her... in fact, will be the director's Final Cut version, which i've never seen either.

In other tv show oddity - have been going through the original Twin Peaks before we get to the latest season... and I do not remember seeing David Duchovny dressed in drag the first time around... (!) - also watching Prime Suspect every now and then, and there was an episode with 

Peter Capaldi also in drag as a TS prostitute - even more bizarre for 'The Thick of It" fans...

Currently watching Not Going Out...People Just Do Nothing for comedy and Bosch for drama....all good

15 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

I see Victoria has managed to go very PC and up to date , by having a kissing scene with two men . 

Well in Colonial times homosexuality was known as the English Disease and as Churchill said about the greatness of the british navy..' Rum, Sodomy and the Lash'

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 4:06 PM, bkk6060 said:

Just saw the new "Blade Runner".

The most spectacular visuals of any movie I have seen.  Kind of surreal.

I liked it but maybe not for everyone.

Pretty long seemed like almost 3 hours.

But, never boring.

14 hours ago, JSixpack said:

statue.jpg.a2d9db752d33d3dc0fa5a63338359a8e.jpg

2049 a mostly satisfying sequel to the original. Main flaws are a creaky plot, slowness in some parts, and sadistic comic book villains. Harrison Ford is a disappointment since he's so far decayed; I can see how he missed his runway and almost ran into an airliner recently. That said, the visuals are stunning, the acting's good, the main squeeze, though unsqueezable, is a real beauty, and some of the future tech is interesting. In fact to entice TVF members to go see it we should probably mention the remarkable and quite unique "technological threesome" which seems derived from a scene in the movie Her.

Nice allusions throughout to the original.I wouldn't sit through it again in a theatre but I'll probably see it a couple more times when it comes out on DVD.

Somewhat lacking in soul, an appropriate word to use in the context of the movie. Without a really compelling premise like the original had, you don't care as much about the characters. Sterile in places (Police HQ--compare Walsh's) and overdone (Wallace Corp.). Whereas Tyrell was an authentic genius ***hole, Wallace is merely a cruel reptilian Silicon Valley-type thug.

BUT--it was still good. Bring on the DVD/Blue Ray.

Edited by JSixpack

5 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

"American Made" is finally on TPB. Great little movie. 

Did you find one without hard coded Korean subs?

I have found 720p streaming sources, but all have Korean subs so I'm waiting a bit longer.

Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency Season 2

The reboot of Douglas Adams' holistic detective is back for another series! If you like quirky British sci-fi comedies then check this out. Episode 1 available now.

Red Dwarf Season XII

Episodes 1 & 2 are out. See above.

Edited by GanDoonToonPet
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Just watched Episode 3 ( last in series 1 ) of Russia with Simon Reeve on BBC 2.
Excellent series on modern day Russia, showing day to day lives of ordinary Russians and more importantly getting their views on Russia, Crimea and Putin.

Do you have a title for this program? Searching for "Russia BBC" just came up with some older programs.

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

After 60 episodes of Alias JJ I didn't think i could get excited about a mafia series.....but Suburra delivers in spades.

On episode 9 now....do yourself a favour and only get the version uploaded by Sno.

The rest are a disaster....first 4 episodes in italian and then suddenly dubbed english...this thing is nt meant to be watched dubbed.

Edited by JHolmesJr
  • Like 1