What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester Narco King: Blood and Fear

Documentary series revealing Britain's most powerful gangsters, and the tactics used to bring them down. The three Noonan brothers ruled Manchester in the 1980s and 90s, controlling the drug supply at superclubs like the legendary Hacienda. They were thought to be behind at least 27 murders, and amassed a fortune in the millions. First part last night 4 parts (4 different gangs /different cities)

Tv Series - Kriger AKA Warrior

Really enjoyed episode 1.
All 6 episodes with subs available.

Dar Salim is always worth watching.

Summary: Warrior is a crime drama about community, loyalty and treachery amongst war veterans, bikers and the
police force, with a love story surrounding the war veteran CC and the police officer Louise.

10 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Manchester Narco King: Blood and Fear

Documentary series revealing Britain's most powerful gangsters, and the tactics used to bring them down. The three Noonan brothers ruled Manchester in the 1980s and 90s, controlling the drug supply at superclubs like the legendary Hacienda. They were thought to be behind at least 27 murders, and amassed a fortune in the millions. First part last night 4 parts (4 different gangs /different cities)

Thanks for that.

Really enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, Will27 said:

Thanks for that.

Really enjoyed it.

Yes I did also Will----I don't usually get as much time to watch stuff compared to most on here-----but I put that at the front ----glad I did it was good.

This wont be everyone's cup of tea.........:coffee1:..............4 parts

Operation Live

1/ Full coverage of a surgical procedure live from inside the operating theatres of St Bartholomew's Hospital and the Royal London Hospital of Barts Health NHS Trust. Tonight, the surgeons guide viewers through open-heart surgery, from the moment the chest is opened, through to the replacement of a new aortic valve and the restarting of the heart. 

2/ Full coverage of another surgical procedure as it happens from inside the operating theatres of Barts Health NHS Trust. Tonight features full coverage of a total knee replacement, a time-critical procedure in which surgeons remove the ends a patient's degenerated knee joint and replaced with specially designed metal-and-plastic substitutes. 

Origin

So if you are into Sci-Fi this came out today from a group called Youtube originals --all 10 episodes out on net...... Basically everyone gets put to sleep until they reach their new planet...... but something gets on board and starts the killing.....

From the producers of The Crown & producers of Lost comes Origin, a chilling new original series that follows a group of troubled passengers as they wake up on a damaged spaceship abandoned in deep space. Each having left behind a dark past in search of a fresh start on a newly colonized

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Origin

So if you are into Sci-Fi this came out today from a group called Youtube originals --all 10 episodes out on net...... Basically everyone gets put to sleep until they reach their new planet...... but something gets on board and starts the killing.....

From the producers of The Crown & producers of Lost comes Origin, a chilling new original series that follows a group of troubled passengers as they wake up on a damaged spaceship abandoned in deep space. Each having left behind a dark past in search of a fresh start on a newly colonized

It is any good, say compared to "Passengers"?

On 11/3/2018 at 4:49 PM, phetpeter said:

I am sad but I am nearly at the end of watching all the series of The Bill, from the first to the last and halfway through Hill street blues, then I have all the Star treks after Kirk. 90 percent of the 'big bang'

Pm sent.

I am searching for some series of the UK tv series The Bill.  Have many of the series on my hard drives but missing a few seasons.

Can anyone point me in the right direction where I can get the series I am missing please?

Tv series - Dirty John

Haven't seen or heard anything about this one.
But being an Eric Bana fan, I'll give episode 1 a crack.

Summary: Debra's seemingly perfect life is disrupted as she falls for a handsome doctor who sweeps her into a whirlwind romance.   But her handsome new beau pulls Debra into a sinister game of psychological manipulation.

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

But being an Eric Bana fan, I'll give episode 1 a crack.

Thanks for that Will27----Yer he is great----just wish he would put more out. I will certainly give it a try.

Starts 25 November

I think his best was "The Time Traveler's Wife "

If anyone has not seen it----try to grab a copy (2009) They use to have the whole movie on Youtube

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Chaos TV has them all and stuff going back to the 50s..........

Thanks for the information. However with my internet connection I have difficulty maintaining my ratio there.

Looking for another option. Perhaps someone has the series on a hard drive? 

Car Crash Who's Lying  ........................Doco  BBC3 online last night

This documentary is a compelling single narrative documentary that tells the story of an unlikely group of friends in a close-knit community in Hampshire, who find themselves at the centre of an intense police investigation.
With access to never-before-seen police bodycam footage of the crash site, viewers are taken directly into the heart of the aftermath of a catastrophic collision between a car and a tree on a dark country road. The immediate impact of the crash leaves a young man stumbling, dazed but unharmed, from the car. Telling the on-duty sergeant he was the driver. As more details emerge and the young man, Dannylee, comes under police scrutiny, it's clear the events of that night have changed their friendship group forever. 'We trusted Danny, we never thought he could do anything like that.'

Emotional interviews from the family members and friends of the gravely injured teens highlight what they believe happened that night, but the only ones who know the true story are those who were in the in car. As their stories change, conflicting testimonies emerge and rumours spread

1 hour ago, tlcwaterfall said:

Thanks for the information. However with my internet connection I have difficulty maintaining my ratio there.

Looking for another option. Perhaps someone has the series on a hard drive? 

You don't have to pay back what you take from those aged programs --- they know not so many people will be accessing them---you just have to run it for 72 hours...

This is a full series pack, if you download it then please seed for at least 3 Days (72  hours)  or  above ratio 1:1
The 24th series of The Bill, a British television drama, was the antepenultimate series of the programme.

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for that Will27----Yer he is great----just wish he would put more out. I will certainly give it a try.

Starts 25 November

I think his best was "The Time Traveler's Wife "

If anyone has not seen it----try to grab a copy (2009) They use to have the whole movie on Youtube

IMO, he's a bit like Tom Hardy, never bad.

I loved him in Chopper.

Just got into a very interesting documentary called The Cleaners.

About the people the social media companies employ to edit....basically set the editorial policy....of Facebook, google etc....they decide what stays on the net or goes.

Pretty disturbing when you realise they're functioning like the editors of a newspaper like NYT.

When they are no more qualified than a call centre employee.

In case you woke up feeling all is well in the world--and have faith in your fellow man/woman then this mini Doco series shown on on Ch 4 last night can help cure you of all that.............. :coffee1:

Robbing Your Relatives

Documentary series meeting Brits whose lives were ruined by those within their families. A mum plundered more than half-a-million pounds from her own son's insurance pay-out. A daughter who stole her mum's life savings, leaving her to die penniless. A disabled single mother faced financial ruin after her son took over a thousand pounds from her. .......and many more

20 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Just got into a very interesting documentary called The Cleaners.

About the people the social media companies employ to edit....basically set the editorial policy....of Facebook, google etc....they decide what stays on the net or goes.

Pretty disturbing when you realise they're functioning like the editors of a newspaper like NYT.

When they are no more qualified than a call centre employee.

That job is guaranteed to mess with your mind. There's some pretty sick sh*t out there.

The Kominsky Method 

Two episodes in and this ones a bit of a charmer.
All 8 episodes available.

Michael Douglas is still a real good looking rooster at 74.

Summary: An aging actor, who long ago enjoyed a brush with fame, makes his living as an acting coach.

Archived