What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

Tv series - Body Cam

Enjoyed episode 1 of this new series from the Discovery Channel.
Ten episodes in all.

Summary: The 10-part series offers an immersive portrayal of life on the streets. Each story focuses on the reality of law enforcement from the moment an officer gets the call from dispatch. The series uses body camera and dashcam footage, dispatch and radio transmissions with additional officers on scene to present an authentic experience. They will also feature first-hand accounts of the investigations to virtually place viewers in the moments.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/video/body-cam-trailer-1154706

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

Bernardo Bertolucci died recently and I've been watching some of his stuff that I have in my collection, Last Tango and Il Conformista...just downloaded 1900 (1976) that I hadn't seen before with De Niro, Burt Lancaster and Gerard Depardieu...funny how all these films are so unalike each other (except for the cinematography by Vittorio Storaro) when most great directors have a recognizable signature...

worth having ayesah eve look...

yeah rip a sad loss and not 'so old'   ,but imo  even his lesser rated films,, like ' the dreamers' are worth a look

45 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

yeah rip a sad loss and not 'so old'   ,but imo  even his lesser rated films,, like ' the dreamers' are worth a look

yeah...77 is not old but he started as an assistant with Pasolini and got his first break with feature films in his early 20s which is prodigious...I been readin' up on wiki...

I watched The spider's strategem and The conformist with a major star Jean-Louis Trintignant who featured a few years ago in Haneke's Amour which was a triumph for him and Emmanuelle Riva who was the star in Hiroshima mon amour many years ago...like Bertolucci those folks really had what it takes...

On 11/28/2018 at 1:30 AM, 3 minus 2 said:

'my brilliant friend' imo is shaping up to be amongst the all time classic series, however after eps 2  it aint on my streamin sites,,

Episodes 3 and 4 dropped yesterday....brilliant in every way....expect tons of awards.

Also started two new ones that Im really enjoying.

Mrs Wilson, a 3 parter from abc about a woman whose husband dies and the next day a woman shows up claiming to be his wife. 1st episode was great.

Dirty John, based on a sleaze bag who tries to cone a woman but can't get past her daughter.

Documentary - The Dawn Wall

Really enjoyed this one.

Summary: In an unbelievable story of perseverance, free climber Tommy Caldwell and climbing partner
Kevin Jorgeson attempt to scale the impossible 3000ft Dawn Wall of El Capitan.

Mrs Wilson ( aired on BBC 1 this week) is very interesting.
A true story about a bigamist and MI6 operative who used his “ undercover operations “ to play the field and live some parallel lives !

Interestingly, Ruth Wilson plays her grandmother who becomes aware of her husbands years of deceit after he dies .

One to watch !!

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

I really enjoyed the early series, but stopped watching when Mikael Persbrandt left the series.

IMO, he was the show.

Yes, he was certainly a strong presence in the show. By chance I came across this series, "Oskyldigt dömd" [Innocently Convicted] https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1257544/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt starring him. 

Well worth viewing, too.

Jacques Audiard is a French director/screenwriter who has made some excellent crime films.

Mathieu Kassovitz is currently starring in the 4th season of "Le Bureau des Légendes" ("The Bureau").

Audiard's 1st feature "Regarde les hommes tomber" ("See How They Fall") (1994) is an offbeat film noir revenge tale.

Stars Jean-Louis Trintignant as a compulsive gambler, Jean Yanne as a salesman whose best friend is a cop, and Kassovitz as...a very unusual person.

MV5BZjAyOGVjYTMtZGJlMi00M2U4LTg1ZTQtNjIx

I would also recommend Audiard's "De battre mon coeur s'est arrêté" ("The Beat That My Heart Skipped)(2005), a (total) remake of the unwatchable USA film "Fingers";

MV5BMTI2ODg4Njc2OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTA2

and "Un prophète" ("A Prophet") (2009). Cannes Film Festival winner, nominated for Academy Award and Golden Globe for Best Foreign Language Film.

MV5BMTUyMjQ1MTY5OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY5

Strong characters and offbeat plots, lacking all the horrible cliches of the genre like car chases (HONK! HONK! Wow, that car just missed them when they made that sharp turn...).

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Where did you find this one (with subs)?

The RARe BurGer has the best copies under "Oskyldigt dömd" with subs. There were only 2 seasons.

While you're there you may want to get "Hamilton.I.Nationens,Intresse 2012" [Hamilton.In.The.Best.Interest,Of,The,Nation] and also "The Salvation 2014" both with Persbrandt.

Enjoy

Tv series - Kruk

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this new Polish series.
All 6 episodes with subs are available.

Found it on TPB.

Summary: A police inspector is sent to his hometown to investigate a kidnap case, but apart from solving the mystery,
he has to face the demons of his past.

The trailer is not great but it's the only one I could find with subs.

Documentary - The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a Mythical Man.

I'm a Bill Murray fan, I enjoyed it.

Summary: This documentary explores various urban legends around Hollywood's most elusive star.

I'm a Bill Murray fan so I enjoyed it.

Summary: This documentary explores various urban legends around Hollywood's most elusive star. he Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned from a My

Couple of years back there was a very good thriller about an east german who goes to spy in the west.

Deutschland 83.

Now season 2 is out and it is shaping up very well. 10 episodes on the rare burger (LOL).

Im streaming on kodi and subs are available 

Also....check out this new Polish series called 1983...I saw a bit of it via  Titanium ...had good english subs and looks well made.

Archived