What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

On 11/19/2018 at 9:14 AM, giddyup said:

Thanks anyway, but have to seed too long for that site.

Sorry I have to put that right-----Its completely incorrect, I don't know where Giddyup gets this sort of thing from  (or if he just dreams it up). You probably seed on average less for that then any others. ----all first episodes of everything are "Free Leach" (so you can see if you like it of not.) all sport all news all current affairs, all the football--.

The seeding ratio is 1.1  

Giddyup--no site is lower than that.

You don't want to join it ---fine,   don't put misinformation out about things please.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Sorry I have to put that right-----Its completely incorrect, I don't know where Giddyup gets this sort of thing from  (or if he just dreams it up). You probably seed on average less for that then any others. ----all first episodes of everything are "Free Leach" (so you can see if you like it of not.) all sport all news all current affairs, all the football--.

The seeding ratio is 1.1  

Giddyup--no site is lower than that.

You don't want to join it ---fine,   don't put misinformation out about things please.

That info was given to me by another kind member, who I'd prefer not to name, who offered to sign me up, but warned that the site didn't approve of "hit and run" members, that's why I declined to join. So the info didn't come to me "in a dream" as you suggest. The torrent sites I use have no restrictions on how long to seed, in fact I tend to delete immediately after I download.

26 minutes ago, giddyup said:

That info was given to me by another kind member, who I'd prefer not to name, who offered to sign me up, but warned that the site didn't approve of "hit and run" members, that's why I declined to join. So the info didn't come to me "in a dream" as you suggest. The torrent sites I use have no restrictions on how long to seed, in fact I tend to delete immediately after I download.

Well this kind member is telling you, is that this isn't correct.

"I tend to delete immediately after I download."

yes its known as "Leaching", I am sure you can understand where that word comes from.

When this all got underway with BT invention in 2000-2001, the idea was that if everyone gave just a little back of what they took----it would work -----they did & it does.

Unless we all want to end up watching the Hollywood top 10.....there are some sites worth keeping , but that's just my outlook on it.

5 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

yes its known as "Leaching", I am sure you can understand where that word comes from.

When this all got underway with BT invention in 2000-2001, the idea was that if everyone gave just a little back of what they took----it would work -----they did & it does.

Unless we all want to end up watching the Hollywood top 10.....there are some sites worth keeping , but that's just my outlook on it.

Considering I'm already guilty of stealing copyright material, the fact that I don't seed is highly irrelevant. A bit like walking out of a restaurant without paying, but being asked to leave a tip anyway. Perhaps the "kind member" can answer you as to why he warned me against being a "hit and run" member.

14 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Yeah. We are no longer in 2001-2002... 16 yrs later there are plenty of seed farms and dedicated uploaders.

19 hours ago, mikebike said:

Yeah. We are no longer in 2001-2002... 16 yrs later there are plenty of seed farms and dedicated uploaders.

I like seeding.

It's giving something back to the people who seeded so I could get my copy.

Also I like seeing what's being uploaded from my computer.

A lot of times a rare film with only a few others or no one else seeding it for them.

I also have unlimited internet at home which helps.

"16 yrs later there are plenty of seed farms..."

Why would anyone setup a "seed farm"?

Criterion has just released a compendium of Ingmar Bergman films in commemoration of his 100th birthday and I thought to have a look at the copy of Wild strawberries that I have on my external hard disk...the coffin scene has haunted me for many years and I am now approaching the same age as the professor in the film...images of hearses on dusty streets in Bolivia in the bright cloudless andean sunlight with a gaggle of grieving campesinos straggling behind...

but that was a few days ago and I've been too drunk to watch it...

'breath' 2007 korea  HUGE fan of director ki duk kim this  tale of love and its effect  from many  perspectives aint his best however still an engrossing watch 8/10

'the end of summer' 1961 japan dir Yasujiro Ozu  penultimate film by ozu tells the tale of a japanese family strugling to change/adapt with modern / western values 6/10

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Don't know if this has been posted - but the MV Group has some great programs.

BBC. Horizon, and Bit Torrent releases

Worth a look - you have to sign up, no biggie

http://forums.mvgroup.org/index.php?act=Login&CODE=00

Tried registering, they are supposed to send an email to confirm, didn't happen. Tried again, doesn't work. Edit: My mistake, the validation was in the Spam folder.

4 hours ago, faraday said:

Is this "Le Bureau des Légendes (The Bureau)", a French TV series?

I downloaded the first season, but it's dubbed in Russian, no subs, and the only subs I can find are out of sync.

Do you know where I can get season one in the original language and with English subs?

(Or is this a different "Bureau" show)?

Jagarna tv series

Enjoyed the first 2 episodes of this one.
Six episodes in all with subs.

Lime Torrents.

Summary: When local mining contractor Markus is attacked by what is thought to be a militant environmentalist, he appeals to former police officer Erik for help in tracking down the perpetrator. Meanwhile, Erik’s nephew Peter is a trainee police officer who is also involved in the investigation.

jagarna_tv_series.jpg

'my brilliant friend' imo is shaping up to be amongst the all time classic series, however after eps 2  it aint on my streamin sites,, jeez i miss alluc, NOTHINGS got ANYWHERE near it 

any tips anyone ? ,, loudermilk s2 seems to be slipping under streaming sites  radar as well

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

'my brilliant friend' imo is shaping up to be amongst the all time classic series, however after eps 2  it aint on my streamin sites,, jeez i miss alluc, NOTHINGS got ANYWHERE near it 

any tips anyone ? ,, loudermilk s2 seems to be slipping under streaming sites  radar as well

Wait a few days for episode 3 and 4 and then the rest aren't even released yet.

Yes, you're right. It is excellent. Not for the action movie types though. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Brilliant_Friend_(miniseries)#Episodes

On 10/20/2018 at 3:32 PM, Will27 said:

Tv series - Professor T

This one was a little slow to start with but now I'm really enjoying it.
All 13 episodes available with hard coded subs.

Summary: The eccentric professor Jasper Teerlinck is advisor to the police. A successful cooperation, although he drives his fellow man crazy.

https://www.channel4.com/programmes/walter-presents/videos/all/walter-presents-professor-t/5438105719001 

Thank you very much.

Thoroughly enjoyed the first 2 seasons of this show.

19 hours ago, faraday said:

It's on tpb rocks, uploaded by snowhiter.

It is stunningly good.

Think it's on Lime also.

If you cannot find it, I'll dig around & pm you a link

I really liked the first 3 seasons.  Tried to find it on the pirates, got the maintenance message which is common there and on the green Limey site I only saw it it FR.

Documentary- John and Yoko: Above Us Only Sky

Excellent doco.
Summary: Film telling the untold story of John Lennon's 1971 album Imagine, exploring the creative collaboration between
Lennon and Yoko Ono and featuring interviews and never-seen-before footage.

33 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I really liked the first 3 seasons.  Tried to find it on the pirates, got the maintenance message which is common there and on the green Limey site I only saw it it FR.

Pretty sure season 4 with subs isn't available for download as yet.

Bernardo Bertolucci died recently and I've been watching some of his stuff that I have in my collection, Last Tango and Il Conformista...just downloaded 1900 (1976) that I hadn't seen before with De Niro, Burt Lancaster and Gerard Depardieu...funny how all these films are so unalike each other (except for the cinematography by Vittorio Storaro) when most great directors have a recognizable signature...

worth having a look...

Archived