What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

9 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Narcos: Mexico 

The rise of the Guadalajara Cartel as an American DEA agent learns the danger of targeting narcos in Mexico.

Netflix has placed the whole 10 episodes on the net last night---it gets a 9.4 on IMDB

Was this shot in spanish with subtitles? I don't want to watch if its dubbed in english

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Was this shot in spanish with subtitles? I don't want to watch if its dubbed in english

No its not English dubbed---large parts have spoken English.... DEA etc...other have spoken Spanish have to get the subs.

50 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

ETTV have a D/l of all 10 episodes complete with sub track. Just over 3 Gig.

Same format as Narcos from 2015, as in use of real footage intertwined with the filmed story.

Pretty sure it's the same opening music theme (?)

Looks pretty good????

On 11/17/2018 at 8:49 AM, sanuk711 said:

In case you woke up feeling all is well in the world--and have faith in your fellow man/woman then this mini Doco series shown on on Ch 4 last night can help cure you of all that.............. :coffee1:

Robbing Your Relatives

Documentary series meeting Brits whose lives were ruined by those within their families. A mum plundered more than half-a-million pounds from her own son's insurance pay-out. A daughter who stole her mum's life savings, leaving her to die penniless. A disabled single mother faced financial ruin after her son took over a thousand pounds from her. .......and many more

Is this available anywhere else besides a Channel I can't access in Thailand?

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Is this available anywhere else besides a Channel I can't access in Thailand? 

I don't know Giddyup...although Torrent Ting does a lot of English Programs. as does Torrent Day...they might be worth a look.

You can access it in Thailand...as many of us on here do, you just chose not to, which is your prerogative .

10 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

I don't know Giddyup...although Torrent Ting does a lot of English Programs. as does Torrent Day...they might be worth a look.

You can access it in Thailand...as many of us on here do, you just chose not to, which is your prerogative .

Where have I said I choose not to? Perhaps if you just explained how I can access it. BTW, I have tried all the torrent sites, including the two you mentioned, they don't have it. If it involves a paid subscription, then, yes you are correct, I won't do it.

A little change of topic here (sorry)..............

A friend gave me the whole set of "the Blacklist" which I downloaded onto my PC and was diligently watching, however halfway through the second series I have given up with it – – far too predictable and formulaic and if I see yet another FBI raid on premises/warehouses/homes then I will scream.

In addition the main characters/task force seem to be getting involved with things that they shouldn't, and the absolutely annoying aspect is that at any one time some of the secrecy behind events with Spader and agent Keane are purposely hidden so that they can be leaked at further times, which becomes tedious and nonsensical.

I know it's only a series, but far too predictable for my liking...........and anyway just yesterday I got a message on my computer to say that there was a corrupt file somewhere and it turns out that it was one of these from the stuff I had downloaded, so I've wiped the lot and will watch something else.

Narcos: Mexico for example and Rome come to mind, and last night I watched a rather entertaining movie called, "The Warrior King" and can recommend it.

8 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Robbing Your Relatives   is available on TVChaos.

The site is free but you have to be a member to use it. Has mainly UK and Australian, Canadian  TV programs. 

Well worth joining for quality Programs.

Can you download from that site? Maybe I've said that I only use sites where I can download to a USB and play through my TV.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

If it involves a paid subscription, then, yes you are correct, I won't do it.

No Subscription I also do not belong to any paid site........although I occasionally access them to see if they have anything interesting.

https://www.tvchaosuk.com   

you can just ask for membership ---most times they will give it---if not PM me & I will ask for an invite.

I would like to say something in general about the site---which I think is good....(& no I don't own or have shares in it)

Not only can you down load nearly any UK series (darling buds of May etc) but most times download free, as they are trying to keep the older stuff alive...... newer series are usually 1.01 or 72 hours.

Its a community webb site so there is a lot of stuff on there that you would not get elsewhere---1,000s of crosswords that change all the time......you pick your strength ---and your subject.

There are 1,00s of trivia programs on there quizzes that you can do alone or compete with the rest of the people......its on a stop watch........ with personal quizzes the same pick your subject..pick how hard you want it. There are any number of arcade games if you want to use them. There is a Lotto every month...you pay with points and if you win you take a lot of points.........so many other things , but as I said its a community webb site......everything that is broadcast in the UK is there---even the Scottish and Welsh news...... they do many foreign TV programs with subs .....and as lot of other stufff.....movies no...unless they have been shown on TV...so usually dated. Anyway I am in Luang Prabang next week--leave early tomorrow so probably of Internet

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No Subscription I also do not belong to any paid site........although I occasionally access them to see if they have anything interesting.

https://www.tvchaosuk.com   

you can just ask for membership ---most times they will give it---if not PM me & I will ask for an invite.

I would like to say something in general about the site---which I think is good....(& no I don't own or have shares in it)

Not only can you down load nearly any UK series (darling buds of May etc) but most times download free, as they are trying to keep the older stuff alive...... newer series are usually 1.01 or 72 hours.

Its a community webb site so there is a lot of stuff on there that you would not get elsewhere---1,000s of crosswords that change all the time......you pick your strength ---and your subject.

There are 1,00s of trivia programs on there quizzes that you can do alone or compete with the rest of the people......its on a stop watch........ with personal quizzes the same pick your subject..pick how hard you want it. There are any number of arcade games if you want to use them. There is a Lotto every month...you pay with points and if you win you take a lot of points.........so many other things , but as I said its a community webb site......everything that is broadcast in the UK is there---even the Scottish and Welsh news...... they do many foreign TV programs with subs .....and as lot of other stufff.....movies no...unless they have been shown on TV...so usually dated. Anyway I am in Luang Prabang next week--leave early tomorrow so probably of Internet

I tried to register but they ask for an invite code, which I don't have.

Escape at Dannemora

Thought episode one was a cracker.
Looking forward to the rest of this one.

Summary: An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with

a pair of inmates and helps them escape.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Can you download from that site? Maybe I've said that I only use sites where I can download to a USB and play through my TV.

Yes and yes that's what I do.

It is a Torrent site so will only download Torrents, so will need to be using a Torrent "Client" for downloading. Something like uTorrent.

I think I have a couple of invites I can give out. Mail me if interested.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Man in the high castle.
Started to watch the start of season 3 but it literally put me to sleep.
Was I just sleepy or do others think it's worth the watch?

Same same here. Thoroughly enjoyed S1 and 2. I got to ep 3 in S3 and that was it!

I did watch the re cap episode that brought the previous seasons together. Still couldn't get back "into" it.

Not a lost cause I am sure. Will probably revisit it later. 

I hope I don't get the same "feeling" with Counterpart S2???? (due to start in 3 weeks)

5 minutes ago, Thai Chi said:

Same same here. Thoroughly enjoyed S1 and 2. I got to ep 3 in S3 and that was it!

I did watch the re cap episode that brought the previous seasons together. Still couldn't get back "into" it.

Not a lost cause I am sure. Will probably revisit it later. 

I hope I don't get the same "feeling" with Counterpart S2???? (due to start in 3 weeks)

I think the only hope for me to get back into it is to actually study the plots of the old episodes. Seems like too much work so probably not. 

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

I tried to register but they ask for an invite code, which I don't have.

I have got you an invite ....but I must e-mail it to you.....this is how they work. Please PM me your e-mail if you still want......I fly out tomorrow, if you could make it early

Thanks

22 hours ago, xylophone said:

Sorry, make that "The Outlaw King"...…………..

For me it was a bit disappointing, shame, was looking forward to it.  Some great cinematography and pretty good battle scenes but the story in between them was skimmed over much too fast (inevitable being a two hour film, like trying to do Season I of Rome in 2 hours) which just led to these scenes being boring and jumpy.  Would have been better as a mini series I think (which I actually thought it was going to be when I saw the trailers) and sans the (boy) Captain Kirk who's about as inspiring as a breeze-block coupled with being less menacing than Goldilocks.

Enjoyed the White Queen then the White Princess a lot, mistakenly followed it up by trying Reign, absolutely awful, like Vampire Diaries does medieval prom night (weak juvenile characters, totally out of place costume design and barely even a passing resemblance to the behavioural norms of the time.  And the history, well, forget that!).  I know there's some folks who say "It's for entertainment, if I want history I'll read a book" but, if that's the case, why even bother attempting to tag a show to a period in history if all they're going to do is use the character's names and screw everything else?  Might as well have just called it "Flirty Prancing".  Def a 'teen' targeted series that's SO TOTES (to borrow from their kiddy-winky scripting style) worth missing.

12 minutes ago, SooKee said:

For me it was a bit disappointing, shame, was looking forward to it.  Some great cinematography and pretty good battle scenes but the story in between them was skimmed over much too fast (inevitable being a two hour film, like trying to do Season I of Rome in 2 hours) which just led to these scenes being boring and jumpy

As I said I liked it, but in hindsight after reading your post, it did skim over too many things which could have made it a better movie/2 part mini-series.

Will get on to Rome shortly as have a download ready to go.

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

Season 20 of midsomer murders is on PB for those who like British murder mystery series

I always liked Midsomer Murders, it was a nice gentle village green cricket on Sundays kind of show, till some one complained about lack of ethnic minorities (are they still minorities?)

I don't think the show has been the same since  :sad: 

I always liked Midsomer Murders, it was a nice gentle village green cricket on Sundays kind of show, till some one complained about lack of ethnic minorities (are they still minorities?)

I don't think the show has been the same since  :sad: 
To be honest mate,i really dont care two hoots about someones race or sexual orientation.but i am sick to death of nearly every prog these days ,has to
1,have a strong woman,weak men
2,same sex married couple
3 one black one white married couple or two white parents with black child or visa versa
4,lesbian or gay charector
5.someone disabled or ,well you know its just PC indoctorination for the younger viewers.
It should not be taboo to show it but it has now become like propaganda.
Sorry rant over

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived