What movies or TV shows are you watching now?

BookMan

To be honest mate,i really dont care two hoots about someones race or sexual orientation.but i am sick to death of nearly every prog these days ,has to
1,have a strong woman,weak men
2,same sex married couple
3 one black one white married couple or two white parents with black child or visa versa
4,lesbian or gay charector
5.someone disabled or ,well you know its just PC indoctorination for the younger viewers.
It should not be taboo to show it but it has now become like propaganda.
Sorry rant over

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Doesn't care.
Doesn't give two hoots.
But exaggerates and rants about it.
Yeah. Totally believable.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No,read it jing,sick of having it forced on us ,especially when most of us are not interested,

Yes exactly, and usually with some explicit scene that has no relevance to the story line just in case we somehow missed it.

11 hours ago, Will27 said:

Yes it really was hard. I'm not too sure about the Final Exit Network; way too keen to help Debra.

On 11/18/2018 at 5:01 PM, Will27 said:

Escape at Dannemora

Thought episode one was a cracker.
Looking forward to the rest of this one.

Summary: An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with

a pair of inmates and helps them escape.

Agree....in the hands of a network like Lifetime this would be rendered as a cold plate pf mashed potatoes, but with Showtime's backing it has a real sense of sprawl and scale. Del Toro and Arquette are excellent....she in particular. Best Actress material.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:30 PM, Daffy D said:

I always liked Midsomer Murders, it was a nice gentle village green cricket on Sundays kind of show, till some one complained about lack of ethnic minorities (are they still minorities?)

I don't think the show has been the same since  :sad: 

Funny you mentioned this as i just watched ep 1 of series 20 last night , Considering this is about English villages , there was a  white guy who had been married to a black girl with 2 kids ,but now he was married to an Asian woman , a black guy was the murdered person ,he was married to another black guy and they had adopted children ,and in one scene the two detectives were accompanied by a black policeman and an Asian policewoman,all it needed to complete the scene was a disabled transgender dwarf and all boxes would have been ticked ????

typical English village life .

On 11/18/2018 at 1:01 AM, Will27 said:

Escape at Dannemora

Thought episode one was a cracker.
Looking forward to the rest of this one.

Summary: An employee at a prison in upstate New York becomes romantically involved with

a pair of inmates and helps them escape.

Thanks for suggesting this.

Watched the 1st episode and enjoyed it. Nice to see Del Toro in a rare good part. Love the dyed eyebrow look.

And I agree with JHolmesJr that Arquette was excellent  (I feel both she and her husband are doing Frances McDormand in "Fargo". Which is fine. Everyone has influences and they chose a good one).

I remember the actual incident. I always root for them to get away when jail breaks occur, and remember feeling sympathy with the woman when her story emerged.

Just started watching Sabrina. As I expected a bit too cutesy along the lines of the teen theme programmes like Vampire Diaries but the demon moments are well done and the story not too bad. The acting and cinematography are also not bad. Will persevere a bit and see if I can put up with the cutesy in between takes.

Posted using Tapatalk

Patrick:-    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6542108/?ref_=nv_sr_8

Sarah is a young woman whose life is in a bit of a mess. The last thing she needs is someone else to look after. Yet, like it or not, her Grandmother has bequeathed her a very spoiled pug - Patrick. Surely she must have had her reasons?. 

I'd been doing some heavy tree pruning work in the morning so thought I'd watch a movie in the afternoon that I could fall asleep to without feeling I'd missed anything.

Guess "Patrick" is what you'd call a "feel good" movie. Nothing exiting or outrageous happens it's just a nice little family movie.

The thing that got me all nostalgic and stopped me falling asleep were the great locations round Chiswick, Windsor and Richmond park with deer and boats on the Thames all shot on typically lovely English sunny days.

If you know those areas or used to live there and haven't been back for a while, this film is worth a watch just for the background locations.

And as a bonus not a sniff of any minority groups or explicit sene's, ethnic or otherwise.

:smile:

1 hour ago, faraday said:

Be careful.

I downloaded the only 2 copies out currently, then deleted them when my antivirus gave me a warning.

(The listing of those 2  has Japanese characters included).

Sounds interesting, apparently super low budget, waiting for a new copy to be available.

2 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Be careful.

I downloaded the only 2 copies out currently, then deleted them when my antivirus gave me a warning.

(The listing of those 2  has Japanese characters included).

Sounds interesting, apparently super low budget, waiting for a new copy to be available.

Hmmm.. thanks.

Just trying to d/l it. It's allegedly blu ray 1080p, but the file size is only 750mb.

Sounds a bit suspect. I'll do a virus scan.

2017 french 'raw ' watchable, girl goes to a hedonistic college and discovers the unfortunate family trait.... had me repulsed but horror aint my  scene. 2016 germany.'tony erdmann ' enjoyable off the wall comedy poor camera work but a  quirky yet challenging   take on unconditional parental/family  love  

On 11/23/2018 at 3:27 AM, Rc2702 said:

Not sure about narcos 4 so far.

Pena - imo bad casting 

7 episodes in. Was difficult to get to. Hoping it gains momentum 

Its not Narcos 4 ....it's Narcos Mexico, a brand new series.

Pena was fine in it...he looks quite a bit like kiki camarena.

The guy who plays Gallardo was well cast too.

Archived