politics situation, the requirement are to just behave yourself, and the

essence of a forum is that you get a mix of all kinds of people on it,

some we like some we don't, as for morerations, i think it's good enough

the way it is, you should see other  forums where where almost

any posting is allowed.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

I think the whole of ThaiVisa is a shadow of its former self.

regards worgeordie

I agree 100% even the idiotic and repetitive postings used to be mildly amusing or even infuriating but it added a certain flavour which is non existent now

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Maybe it's just something about Chiang Mai? The other local forums are great fun, especially the Pattaya one!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Ten or fifteen years ago the forum seemed to comprise much larger numbers of expats, today there's a lot of transients and wannabees who know absolutely everything about Thailand. The expats had more interest in keeping the forum alive and interesting, many from the current mix seem to regard it as a place to ridicule residents and bash Thai's, God but that gets old fast.   

• Like 1

When the mod tywais left (reason never given), ThaiVisa lost both an excellent mod and poster. 

That, combined with issues with ads, a changing demographic in the Chiang Mai community and the rise of Facebook groups, has left this place dry.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, transam said:

You have insider info on the low turnout thingy...?

Tell me who has been treated like an imbecile by staff and I will give you my second opinion....

It has been such a long time that I was active that giving examples will be difficult, however I thought they they were flippant, way too cavalier in how they perceived a certain situation and often times abused their positions 

Well I still use the Forum as it does supply some good knowledge & keeps people up to date

BUT

* People come & ask for info & provide it, but from what I see you only need to get involved with the first 2 pages as it then turns into an argument fest 

* Or if their not arguing, they turn it into a private conversation, so as mentioned no real need to go any further then the 2 pages. That's if unless they have become Rocket Scientists, in the planning of some basic build information that was asked about

* Alot of Newbies (maybe Trolls ) with first post that never come back to their post after it ends up 10 pgs long

* OH! I just read a post that mentioned wannabees & ect - of course your going to get all that as it is a international Forum. But the bit mentioned about ONLY fulltime Expats being of any help/ect is another reason it turns out like the above

Edited by BEVUP

26 minutes ago, naboo said:

When the mod tywais left (reason never given), ThaiVisa lost both an excellent mod and poster. 

That, combined with issues with ads, a changing demographic in the Chiang Mai community and the rise of Facebook groups, has left this place dry.

None of our business why a mod/member moves on, they have a life beyond TVF the same as all of us..

For sure on line media has moved on over the last decade, same as television now having a zillion channels, just progress where some may feel the pinch.

TVF is a commercial business, not a tin pot forum using third parties, in business to make money and provide chat space that costs you nothing....

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Well I still use the Forum as it does supply some good knowledge & keeps people up to date

BUT

* People come & ask for info & provide it, but from what I see you only need to get involved with the first 2 pages as it then turns into an argument fest 

* Or if their not arguing, they turn it into a private conversation, so as mentioned no real need to go any further then the 2 pages. That's if unless they have become Rocket Scientists, in the planning of some basic build information that was asked about

* Alot of Newbies (maybe Trolls ) with first post that never come back to their post after it ends up 10 pgs long

got to agree with BEV.i used to spend a lot of time in the pets section,now there is not the interest that we used to inform each other about,taking care and keeping our beloved's safe.

for yrs.there was always someone asking about bank interest rate's,most posts from EX CM.the past yr.if there's been a dozen posts,thats it.

some of the posting is SO obvious they have got to be TROLLERS.

I also found that facebook has taken over,apart from our resident health nurse,arjen,wildwilli89,and a few others who are willing to inform us with vital info I am afraid the forum has become a DAMP SQUIB

• Sad 1