Want To Know Which Side You're Really On?

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map" so you'll see exactly where you score. You may be surprised.

The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, Independent.

The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."

PM me for link

I keep getting the message that the URL is not valid and cannot be found!

Oh, I see! You have to remove the space between the text and the period after theadvocates!!!

Edited by lanny

I keep getting the message that the URL is not valid and cannot be found!

Oh, I see! You have to remove the space between the text and the period after theadvocates!!!

sorry about that Lanny , they must have known you do taxes.

You'll be asked just 10 questions, and then it instantly tells you where you stand politically. It shows your position as a red dot on a "political map" so you'll see exactly where you score. You may be surprised.

The most interesting thing about the Quiz is that it goes beyond the Democrat, Republican, Independent.

The Quiz has gotten a lot of praise. The Washington Post said it has "gained respect as a valid measure of a person's political leanings." The Fraser Institute said it's "a fast, fun, and accurate assessment of a person's overall political views." Suite University said it is the "most concise and accurate political quiz out there."

http://www.theadvocates .org/quiz.html

Ah! I see. The quiz is for Bush babies not real democracies!

LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and

economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one

that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.

Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose

government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate

diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

there seems to be a difference between what the US consider liberal and what i see as a liberal though? have had a few arguments with american friends.....until i was introduced to the term libertarian :o

ashacat ---im surprisingly...a somewhat boring centrist too!! but on the economic front it says im 80% liberal :D

there seems to be a difference between what the US consider liberal and what i see as a liberal though? have had a few arguments with american friends.....until i was introduced to the term libertarian :o

ashacat ---im surprisingly...a somewhat boring centrist too!! but on the economic front it says im 80% liberal :D

Yes, from this the US liberal seems quite different from the UK liberal

What a fatuous piece of nonsense this 'quiz' is. The questions are skewed to the point of nonsense . . 'end barriers', 'give control' etc. All of them emotionally laden words to elicit a certain response.

I'm a libertarian but there is another much more sophisticated quiz of around 50 questions which distinguishes between political attitudes and social attitudes.

For example, it showed that while I am an economic libertarian (lower taxes, no state help, minimum govt control, free trade etc), I'm actually on the other side of the fence socially (women's right to choose, anti-death penalty, up to you attitude on drugs etc).

In the politically unsophisticated US, those two don't usually sit together. A neo-con is a neo-con, right?

Nonsense.

I'll see if I can track it down . . .