Why comment

No matter what is posted, reported, the same people have have to comment on it.Did they do the same thing in their home country? Every time there is a traffic accident,the same old same old comments. Why is this? Could it be the weather here.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Why is it whenever someone wants to moan and complain no matter what the issue, they blame the weather?

At least for the Brits, why should here in LOS be any different?

We spend 10 months of our lives moaning about the weather

THE average Briton spends the equivalent of almost five days a year complaining about the weather, according to a new report.

Climate-obsessed Brits check the forecast an average of eight times a week and in the same time period we spend about 120 minutes complaining about our unpredictable weather — that’s almost five full days each year or 10 months over the course of an average life.

https://www.metro.news/we-spend-10-months-of-our-lives-moaning-about-the-weather/761697/

4 hours ago, swissie said:

It's the threads that have a "Tabloid" Content that draw the most responses. Stuff that is easily digested.
Of course, I don't know why anyone would put in his post #227 commentig on some Road Carnage, knowing that basically the same comment has alredy been posted by 87 previous posters. Not forgetting to add the mandatory RIP, never even having known the victim(s).

Maybe the key-word is "Boredom".

Once the life-style of a tourist can financially no more be upheld, where else can you get so much low-cost (no cost) entertainment than on TVF? Can vent anger, disperse personal insults toward everybody not in agreement with you without having to fear any repercussions and best of all, after 24 hours, nobody cares what you posted.

Still, If TVF wasn't existig already, it would have to be invented pronto!

Another reason to spend much time on TVF might be: Even if a Farang has lived for 348 years in a Thai tourist-hub, every time he tries to frequent a new Bar, he will be asked "where you come from"?, "you have lady?" etc etc.

I was told, that few Farangs can engage in such highly intellectual conversations on a daily basis, without eventually suffering from neurological disorders, high blood pressure and irregular bowel-movements.

I insist, without TVF, far more Farangs would be suffering from above described ailments.
Like it or not, TVF increases your overall health and your life-expetancy. Where else could you let off steam an insult anyone anonymously?  And all of this free of charge! Try this with your Wife/GF.

Rats! Haven't checked out any incomig Tabloid Mayhem stories on TVF for the last 3 hours. That means that my valuable contribution will come in as # 183. Unnoticed by TVF members and the rest of the world.

Only way to re-juvenate a Tabloid post # 183 is by randomly select a previous poster, making it clear that you don't like his Avatar, his comment and you never liked his mother in the first place. That in itself wold create an additinal 200 valuable contributions.
AND ALL THIS EXITEMENT AT NO COST!
Cheers.

Re "Can vent anger, disperse personal insults toward everybody".  Your confusing TV with some other forum. That would get you banned for life on here.

3 hours ago, keithpa said:

Re "Can vent anger, disperse personal insults toward everybody".  Your confusing TV with some other forum. That would get you banned for life on here.

Well, on TVF we can vent anger etc, provided that fellow posters can read between the lines of apparently calm and subtle one- liners.

I very much agree with the poster above, TVF makes our lives longer, if slightly boring.

On 09/05/2018 at 7:08 AM, swissie said:

It's the threads that have a "Tabloid" Content that draw the most responses. Stuff that is easily digested.
Of course, I don't know why anyone would put in his post #227 commentig on some Road Carnage, knowing that basically the same comment has alredy been posted by 87 previous posters. Not forgetting to add the mandatory RIP, never even having known the victim(s).

Maybe the key-word is "Boredom".

Once the life-style of a tourist can financially no more be upheld, where else can you get so much low-cost (no cost) entertainment than on TVF? Can vent anger, disperse personal insults toward everybody not in agreement with you without having to fear any repercussions and best of all, after 24 hours, nobody cares what you posted.

Still, If TVF wasn't existig already, it would have to be invented pronto!

Another reason to spend much time on TVF might be: Even if a Farang has lived for 348 years in a Thai tourist-hub, every time he tries to frequent a new Bar, he will be asked "where you come from"?, "you have lady?" etc etc.

I was told, that few Farangs can engage in such highly intellectual conversations on a daily basis, without eventually suffering from neurological disorders, high blood pressure and irregular bowel-movements.

I insist, without TVF, far more Farangs would be suffering from above described ailments.
Like it or not, TVF increases your overall health and your life-expetancy. Where else could you let off steam an insult anyone anonymously?  And all of this free of charge! Try this with your Wife/GF.

Rats! Haven't checked out any incomig Tabloid Mayhem stories on TVF for the last 3 hours. That means that my valuable contribution will come in as # 183. Unnoticed by TVF members and the rest of the world.

Only way to re-juvenate a Tabloid post # 183 is by randomly select a previous poster, making it clear that you don't like his Avatar, his comment and you never liked his mother in the first place. That in itself wold create an additinal 200 valuable contributions.
AND ALL THIS EXITEMENT AT NO COST!
Cheers.

I don't like your avatar. 

Where you from? 

Switzerland? 

Lovely country but I didn't like the weather. 

6 hours ago, sipi said:

I don't like your avatar. 

Where you from? 

Switzerland? 

Lovely country but I didn't like the weather. 

Then you were there at the wrong time.

21 minutes ago, HampiK said:

Then you were there at the wrong time.

Actually the weather was wonderful but I need something to complain about before my morning coffee other than irregular bowel movements. 

• Like 1

The comments that always make me wonder are those from people with very low post count who, when you check their profile, turn out to have been TV members for years, seemingly lurking in the shadows without participating, then popping up randomly to make some obscure or completely unconnected post. A member for 10 years, a post count of 4 - why now lob a 1 word comment into an Israel/Palestine debate? Are they actually messaging devices for foreign agents to activate some covert sleeper cell, or did they accidentally hit the wrong key on their keyboard?

I should probably add that I chose Israel/Palestine purely because that is one of the topics guaranteed to get passionate debate going.

Edited by RuamRudy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

The comments that always make me wonder are those from people with very low post count who, when you check their profile, turn out to have been TV members for years, seemingly lurking in the shadows without participating, then popping up randomly to make some obscure or completely unconnected post. A member for 10 years, a post count of 4 - why now lob a 1 word comment into an Israel/Palestine debate? Are they actually messaging devices for foreign agents to activate some covert sleeper cell, or did they accidentally hit the wrong key on their keyboard?

Now now, surely you think too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

I should probably add that I chose Israel/Palestine purely because that is one of the topics guaranteed to get passionate debate going.

Zionists are the new Nazis.

I'm not a foreign agent, but I'm willing to post content in exchange for Bitcoin from Putin, the Illuminati, or the highest bidder.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

We could all save time for posters and readers if we came up with a number system for the most common replies:

1. Thainess at its best.

2. No money no honey.

3. Should have worn a helmet.

4. Learn to speak Thai.

5. No you can't import your car.

6. He's not really her brother.

7. Toyota Fortuna.

8. It was murder not suicide.

9. Thaksin.

10. Sexpat.

You forget a few , but fair enough.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

You forget a few , but fair enough.

Ah yes - quick scan of todays posts revealed a few obvious omissions ....

11. No, 'ferang' is not an insult

12. Only pay Sin Sot if she's a pristine virgin

13. She will murder you and steal all your worldly goods and run away with her Tomboy partner

14. No you can't buy a house legally

15. 90 days

16. 500 THB or 1000 THB for full service

• Haha 1

Just now, Kinnock said:

Ah yes - quick scan of todays posts revealed a few obvious omissions ....

11. No, 'ferang' is not an insult

12. Only pay Sin Sot if she's a pristine virgin

13. She will murder you and steal all your worldly goods and run away with her Tomboy partner

14. No you can't buy a house legally

15. 90 days

16. 500 THB or 1000 THB for full service

17. Trust me she wasn't a hooker ( no I'm not paranoid)

18. My partner of 20 years barely understands any of my rants

19. Pattaya is going downhill by the day

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2018 at 12:40 PM, Justfine said:

17. Trust me she wasn't a hooker ( no I'm not paranoid)

18. My partner of 20 years barely understands any of my rants

19. Pattaya is going downhill by the day

20. A Thai cannot do that.

On 5/13/2018 at 8:30 PM, RuamRudy said:

I think many of them are shills, maybe building up post count to improve their credibility.