Video: Fake Thai smile exposed! Irony reigns as "copycat" videos take the Mickey!

webfact

These were my thoughts exactly when the GF showed me the vid last night. She ( And I guess most Thais) are angry at the girl for the fake smile. Yes could have made it less fake but give her a break.  Chinese tour groups + 100 odd fake smiles ( Without it showing) for the camera cannot be easy to achieve.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Much prefer the Thai Culture of smiling than the Chinese Culture of spitting.

And the rest of it. I saw a notice in a park washroom ('twas a picture) warning Chinese patrons not to defecate in the hand-wash basins.

Nice.

1 hour ago, PatOngo said:

Funny how the photos black out her eyes but the video shows her in all her smirking glory.

I would like to see you standing there, giving a natural and genuine smile to everybody that goes on that bus. Instead of complaining and bashing this woman, put yourself in her shoes for a day.
I guess it was not so funny now, right?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

I don't need to....I wouldn't get out of bed for the money she earns!

And that was realevant in what kind of way. You just choosed that comment, to protect yourself from answering truthfully on the question posed.
Rule number one! If you can´t do it yourself, then don´t complain about other peoples performance.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, starky said:

That's like a 30 second grab of one  day with one person at her job fycks sake maybe she's having a bad day. Never had a bad day at work?

Hmmm. Well, there were 2 Thai girls both acting exactly the same.

Bad day my left foot. Situation normal. Being determined to see no fault is a recipe for getting ripped off in Thailand but hey, whatever your poison....

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Hilarious, and very healthy to poke fun at your own culture and human nature  in general. Tour groups are often derided throughout the world, they do after all represent the most unimaginative and mundane cheapskate class of traveller. Travel alone with a varied itinerary that takes you well off the beaten track, and you will garner plenty of genuine smiles and more besides.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Don't think see deserves all the negative stuff

We all had shitty days at work, and working with the general public sucks big time. 

Big deal move along.

I did like the funny clip, but that's all it is,  funny.:jap:

An optimist only sees good things. A realist tries to see everything.

If you don't like working with the general public then go back to school and get a qualification or find another job. Too many people try to blame others for their own situation. We all have choices.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1