What Would You Do?

Just recently I was walking up Soi Honey in Pattaya when I saw a bunch of keys lying in the road, I gave them to a worker in the premises opposite and asked him to watch for anyone looking for them.

This set me thinking, what would you do if you found a wallet on the sidewalk with say 50.000 Baht in it and there was no identification? If I found anything like that in the village where I live, I would take it to Mrs Possum and let her decide. But anywhere else, I just don't know.

I would not take it to the police for obvious reasons. I suppose I would stand there for a while to see if anyone was looking for it, then if so would ask them how much was in it, If they knew I would hand it back to them. But suppose no one came during say the next hour, I do not know what I would do, what would you do?

Yes, I suppose you would have to, but I would not feel good about it.
We actually found 5k some years ago.litterally just on the ground.i did feel sorry that it might have been someone who was poor but what can you do? Leave it on the floor or stand there for hours?

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

My wallet fell out of my back pocket one night at my garden drive gate, probably as I scooted off the seat to get out and open the gate.   Didn't realize it until mid-morning next day when the Mrs got a message from a friend who saw a "found wallet" with a photo of my US driver's license on some Thai Facebook page.   

I'm the only foreigner where I live, if anyone found a wallet with a foreigners photo, they would knock on my door and hand it over.

Driving 5Km with it seems either 'dense' or 'suspicious'.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I'm the only foreigner where I live, if anyone found a wallet with a foreigners photo, they would knock on my door and hand it over.

Driving 5Km with it seems either 'dense' or 'suspicious'.

Only 2 that I was aware of at the time, me and a European.  The guy who found it doesn't live in our town though.  The 2 lane soi leads off into the countryside, lots of small villages as it winds along out that way.

• Like 1

Reaonable effort then new wakeboard if unclaimed.

Ive found money, ive lost money.

I have returned items with some effort, ive had that kindness returned. 

It all works out somehow.

• Thanks 1

Funnily enough a mate up here was telling me last week about a trip to Lotus. When he pushed his now unloaded shopping cart into another parked one there was a purse in it with 23,000B . No ID , so he waited for an hour but no one came looking for it , he didn't hand it in to the cops or Lotus which I can understand , he kept it.

2 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Would never even pick it up and see what's inside, not my business nor my problem.

Fortuna would be looking down from the heavens shaking her head in disapproval, "The boy can't be helped" 

Me and the mrs were out shopping and found a1000bht note outside on the pavement.I said take back into the shop, no one owned up to it so we waited ten minutes as it was also near an atm  still  no one turned up so it was put to use on school uniform.I didnt feel great about it as it could be alot of money to some  .

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Funnily enough a mate up here was telling me last week about a trip to Lotus. When he pushed his now unloaded shopping cart into another parked one there was a purse in it with 23,000B . No ID , so he waited for an hour but no one came looking for it , he didn't hand it in to the cops or Lotus which I can understand , he kept it.

In a situation like that you can't blame him. Just think of all the places you can hand it in to, the chances are it would find it's way in to someones pocket, and not the owners.

• Like 1