Unique situation - April & may has been horrid

On 10/05/2018 at 12:15 PM, FritsSikkink said:

You were arrested for causing a scene, they found out you were on a overstay so they keep you in the cell for a good reason. You were irresponsible concerning your passport.

What is there for immigration to understand? Do you have a new appointment to get an ETD? 

Did you read?

7 hours ago, Seanbhoy said:

what was asking is will I be shown leniency by immigration due to stolen passport, public holidays and being in the cells for about 100hours straight.

Looking on the bright side, be glad that the cops did not turn you over to immigration for immediate deportation.  Since you can still turn yourself in at the airport (and assuming no more cop-dealings prior) you would not be to the "ban" stage since you are under 90-days overstay.

I would not mention the arrest to immigration.  Definitely not.  There is no "leniency" with the fine either - will be 500 per-day, regardless.  So what you need to do - Get your ETD ASAP, with permission to fly where-ever and back.  Then, go to the airport early for your flight, present the "passport-stolen" police-report, apologize, pay the fine, and be on your way. 

If your Non-O is history (a single-entry, or and ME past it's "enter before" date), note that you cannot fly to Laos with an overstay-stamp - so maybe HCMC for a fresh Non-O?  Bring the necessary paperwork - assuming one can get one into an ETD?  Otherwise, out by air, but back via a friendly land-border (i.e. "Not Poipet") for a visa-exempt until you get your new passport.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, thedemon said:

My 10,000 days of not carrying it and not ever having the slightest issue tells me that you are wrong.

And my 13 years here and only ever needing to show my images, tells me you are wrong,,, wait a  minute,,,, just re-read your post , seems we both agree somehow.... Ok my wrong

Edited by lucifer666

34 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Tell me what is not correct.

the police didn't know i was overstay, my passport was stolen with my bike, how would they know i'm on overstay?

if you read back, i said i left it in my bike for a short period as i was going to sort something, i don't keep it in there all the time.

6 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

the police didn't know i was overstay, my passport was stolen with my bike, how would they know i'm on overstay?

if you read back, i said i left it in my bike for a short period as i was going to sort something, i don't keep it in there all the time.

"how would they know i'm on overstay?" Check your name, country, date of birth

Putting your passport there is a NoNO to start with.

Why did they keep you locked up for 6 days? Forgot to tell us something? 

On 5/10/2018 at 2:26 PM, Seanbhoy said:

It went along the lines off, collect your final pay which I just did and good luck for your future. 

Oh and sign this your work permit is CAX - If I didn't have a channel in brain that can block stuff out I think I'd cry

I went through a few years like this. About 5 cases in the courts of which I was eventually found not guilty of all. Visa problems, deport problems, .

I just thought it would never end. I want to tell you that suddenly everything changed. 

I now have citizenship, a thriving business and a really great life in Thailand. The only way to get through is to focus on each step in front of you. Don't worry about step 3 4 5.

Post number 5 from brit Tim is very clear and easy to follow. There are many jobs in Thailand, so that will work itself out. 

The important thing is to remain calm and don't lose your cool. 

If there are anymore problems, just get onto thai visa. There are many people here that will help you. 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

"how would they know i'm on overstay?" Check your name, country, date of birth

Putting your passport there is a NoNO to start with.

Why did they keep you locked up for 6 days? Forgot to tell us something? 

Nope il upload the release form, first day they said I was still drunk so fair enough, second day so many people got processed to go court at klong 6 to be sentenced so i kept complaining and they probably kept me through spite, third day the chief commander asked why I was still in there and thought maybe there was more to it than just drunk and a few back and forths with Cambodians so he wanted to check if I'd caused any damage which I hadn't, then it was the weekend where nothing gets processed.

Erm do you think in Thailand they can be bothered to liase with immigration? They can barely be arsed to put cuffs on people properly lol

Edited by Seanbhoy
Spelling

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

I went through a few years like this. About 5 cases in the courts of which I was eventually found not guilty of all. Visa problems, deport problems, .

I just thought it would never end. I want to tell you that suddenly everything changed. 

I now have citizenship, a thriving business and a really great life in Thailand. The only way to get through is to focus on each step in front of you. Don't worry about step 3 4 5.

Post number 5 from brit Tim is very clear and easy to follow. There are many jobs in Thailand, so that will work itself out. 

The important thing is to remain calm and don't lose your cool. 

If there are anymore problems, just get onto thai visa. There are many people here that will help you. 

Good luck. 

Yeh it's cool I got some interviews lined up for sales/development roles next week.

I find it easy to get work cos the industry I worked in the UK is about 5 years more advanced than Thailand so I know everything already & employers love it as IV got experience working in SE Asia, selling in Asia is completely different to the west and alot of foreigners can't do it.

Just a bit gutted about the job i had, it was easy and decent money, took me ages to build up a client base too

19 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They don't keep you in a police station for doing nothing

Do you live in Asia? Everything that you type sounds like Ur sitting in New York eating a hot dog 

"They can cross reference your details with other legal agencies"

"They don't keep you for nothing"

Mate I wore the same clothes the whole time I was in there, I stank.

There's cockroaches at night everywhere mosquitos.

The water is not clean, you wanna poo, you do it where everyone can see unfortunately.

You have no money on you? You don't eat you don't dtink.

Your sharing a 10ftx10ft cell with people who are high or been accused of rape or crashed while drunk.

They don't care, no telephone call no solicitor.

The police watched a 18 yo accused of grabbing a girl crying his eyes out sayin "yaak gab baan" repeatedly, they just close the door so they can't hear it.

They do what they want

Edited by Seanbhoy

15 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
38 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The police were probably holding out for a pay day.

He didn’t do nothing. At the very least it sounds like drunk and disorderly. It is not unusual for Thai police to hold someone without intending to charge whilst openly negotiating a release fee or hoping one will be volunteered. The chances of that increase if it’s a foreigner.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seanbhoy said:

Do you live in Asia? Everything that you type sounds like Ur sitting in New York eating a hot dog 

"They can cross reference your details with other legal agencies"

"They don't keep you for nothing"

Mate I wore the same clothes the whole time I was in there, I stank.

There's cockroaches at night everywhere mosquitos.

The water is not clean, you wanna poo, you do it where everyone can see unfortunately.

You have no money on you? You don't eat you don't dtink.

Your sharing a 10ftx10ft cell with people who are high or been accused of rape or crashed while drunk.

They don't care, no telephone call no solicitor.

The police watched a 18 yo accused of grabbing a girl crying his eyes out sayin "yaak gab baan" repeatedly, they just close the door so they can't hear it.

They do what they want

I was in Thailand while you probably weren't born yet (1981)

This is the last reply, I was never mouthy to the police, read back, drunk yes. 

I dunno what your trying to achieve IV already said I was wrong

IMG_20180512_131443.jpg

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post

1 hour ago, Seanbhoy said:

Yeh it's cool I got some interviews lined up for sales/development roles next week.

I find it easy to get work cos the industry I worked in the UK is about 5 years more advanced than Thailand so I know everything already & employers love it as IV got experience working in SE Asia, selling in Asia is completely different to the west and alot of foreigners can't do it.

Just a bit gutted about the job i had, it was easy and decent money, took me ages to build up a client base too

send me a pm sean i will get you a new job,  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:
2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He didn’t do nothing. At the very least it sounds like drunk and disorderly.

There you are. If you read the fine receipt it says;

เมาสุราประพฤติตนวุ่นวาย

Simple translation is; Drunk and disorderly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

The police were probably holding out for a pay day.

on the second day/night when I saw what id actually got myself into, I gave them my father in law telephone number (i didnt have my phone so they had to google his restaurant and call that way) and said he will pay the 20k release til I have to go to court.

He said "leave him in there til he has learnt his lesson" lol

I couldn't believe it.

Turns out I didn't need to go to court and on that same day when he apparently said that to the police, they started talking about criminal damage (which was fictional) i think they wanted me to cry.

Edited by Seanbhoy