AEON partners with Thai Airways and Mastercard in launching a new credit card

AEON partners with Thai Airways and Mastercard in launching a new credit card

By The Nation

4f93c397d64297c7f52ecbb6beaca064.jpeg

AEON joins with Thai International Airways in launching the brand new “AEON Royal Orchid Plus World Mastercard”. The credit card, which is based on the concept ‘Enjoy the World of Travelling Freedom’, offers the ultimate in travel experiences and superior customer benefits for both business and leisure travellers. More than 5,000 people are expected to become new AEON cardholders this year.

Kiyoyasu Asanuma, Managing Director of AEON Thana Sinsap (Thailand), said: “AEON is constantly developing products and privileges that focus on customer satisfaction and help us expand our premium customer base. By focusing on a proactive strategy based on spending and travelling, we can offer our premium customers experiences that truly benefit their lives.

AEON’s expansion into the premium market takes another step forward through its collaboration with Thai Airways and Mastercard.

The “AEON Royal Orchid Plus World Mastercard” is part of a new generation of credit cards that double as a personal assistant when planning a trip and is designed to meet the needs of target groups with an income of Bt70,000 per month or above, by providing value and benefits that complement their premium lifestyles.

AEON Royal Orchid Plus World Mastercard enables cardholders to travel around the world while enjoying exclusive privileges. For every Bt15 spent in foreign currency, the customer earns earn one AEON Royal Orchid Plus Reward Point. When spending in foreign currency, premium customers are eligible to earn cash-back of up to Bt36,000 per year on global spending.

Moreover, when purchasing a second Thai Airways business class ticket, they’ll be eligible for 50 per cent cash-back as well as access to the Royal Orchid Lounge at Suvarnabhumi Airport and a Lounge Key to 850 leading airports around the world.

Additionally, customers can enjoy exclusive privileges with AEON Personal Assistant, a 24-hour worldwide concierge that will ensure that all requirements of cardholders are met anywhere and at any time.

This includes travel accident insurance coverage of up to Bt31 million, as well as compensation for a lost wallet and the items inside; or any damage incurred from online shopping through the Wallet Protection Insurance and Mastercard E-Commerce Protection plan.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30345037

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-05-10

55 minutes ago, Ralf61 said:

Question: Any farang out there who managed to get a Thai credit card granted? My Austrian neighbor with an income of 200,000THB/month got refused.

I have... what my experience has been is that IF you have:

1) a valid work permit (they commonly look that that’s been issued for at least 6 months prior to application date) and has between 3 to 6 months validity left.. 

2) are here on a form of long-term stay status (like a Non-B extended for work)

3) can show a history (usually 6 months consecutively) of salary *from the job listed in your work permit* being deposited into any Thai bank.

4) have some form of verifiable salary statement from your employer (all 3 banks have either called to check or faxed something that required a company rep to certify) . KBank accepted a stamped copy of my Thai tax form PD91from the past year as it shows declared income and the name and tax ID of your employer.  My experience is that for a non-Thai, the *minimum* to get approved is right around B50,000 gross per month. Anything less is harder to get approved and B100,000+ tends to be where most premium level cards become options.  But each bank sets their own minimums and can change with their lending policy and risk appetite.

... so, yes... it IS possible, but does require (in my experience with BBL, KBank, Krungsri and Krungsri/First Choice) that you have this paperwork.

i know others have done it via depositing X funds in a “pledged” account; from which some measure of credit is then granted, others have done so on retirement basis and without any funds pledged required or Thai work/income and lastly some use a Thai national (like a spouse) apply, then get a secondary user card (but in that case, the account isn’t actually yours) 

so yes, it IS possible but can be hit-or-miss and vary from bank to bank and even branch to branch.  So just having X income here (be that Thai-originated or not) isn’t a guarantee to approval. 

Edited by new2here
  • Thanks 1

From memory many years ago 1, 2 and 4 from previous post required to obtain Thai American Express Card many years ago. Staff came to my residence to collect documents. Limit is a multiple of salary and in my case limit was permanently increased to almost double the previous limit just by a short telephone conversation and without any additional supporting documents. Also several times I have requested a short term (less than a month) increase in the limit and in all cases request was granted, again by a short telecon. If you have a good credit history and comply with requirements, then it should be possible to obtain a Thai Credit Card.

I just made a Bangkok Bank credit card last week. I get my pension from abroad, no work permit. But living in Thailand for the past 10 year with my wife. And it is not a real credit card as you know them back home. Because you have to lock the amount you want in credit in a fixed bank account. So it is more like a prepaid card. But i am so tired of the Thai debit cards that ometimes not even work on Thai websites. So i am hoping that the credit card will be better.

I did this in Bangkok, which i find much harder to do things then example Pattaya aera.