Top immigration cop stresses patience, politeness at Pattaya office

Rimmer

On 11/05/2018 at 9:12 AM, essox essox said:

YOUR opinion.....these people do not want us in their country but they forget thousands of us keep the economy afloat by what we spend....

It is not just Thai's who are racist, over the years I have read many racist statements on TV by members referring to foreigners in their home country... 

• Haha 1

On 5/11/2018 at 3:12 PM, essox essox said:

YOUR opinion.....these people do not want us in their country but they forget thousands of us keep the economy afloat by what we spend....

Do you really think that the Thai economy would collapse if the thousands of you left Thailand ?

Some bars would close and the girls would have to get proper jobs, but, thats about the only effect it would have 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do you really think that the Thai economy would collapse if the thousands of you left Thailand ?

Some bars would close and the girls would have to get proper jobs, but, thats about the only effect it would have 

you could also say who is really is thai?, thailand is a combination of many cultures so everyone could be classed as a foreigner but legally those with thai passports are called thai even though many are indian,persian, chinese,mon origin. 

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Not to mention lots of families would loose their financial support and who do you think own and rent thousands of condos ... ?  What would happen to these condominiums when half the building is empty ... ?

2 minutes ago, Wallander4 said:

Not to mention lots of families would loose their financial support and who do you think own and rent thousands of condos ... ?  What would happen to these condominiums when half the building is empty ... ?

How many Condos are there in Thailand and how many are occupied by "thousands of ex-pats" , the number is minuscule .

What effect has all the Russians, Koreans and Chinese leaving Thailand had ?

Hardly any effect at all

• Confused 1

I agree, never had a problem with them and posted many "thumbs up" reports. I personally would have pushed back on the 90 shake down. That one is VERY clear. If you have the re-entry stamp dated, they have not a leg to stand on.

When you come back into the country , do they put a new report date in your passport, or is it up to you to calculate the 90 day period ? ( just came back in last week, queried this with the immigration officer, he didn't seem to understand what I was asking, wanted to call over a supervisor , but there was a huge line waiting behind me , so I dropped it ..

Sent from my SM-T535 using Tapatalk

^^^^^ Prior Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Presentation & Performance.

Not having a dig Mike, it's a phrase I learnt while instructing in HM forces :jap:

And has stood me in good stead in my later years [emoji106]
It doesn't matter how much planning you do, when it comes to Thai bureaucracy there is always "something"

12 minutes ago, johng said:
37 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:
^^^^^ Prior Planning & Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Presentation & Performance.

Not having a dig Mike, it's a phrase I learnt while instructing in HM forces :jap:

And has stood me in good stead in my later years emoji106.png

It doesn't matter how much planning you do, when it comes to Thai bureaucracy there is always "something"

See my post # 18 :thumbsup: No matter what you do they will find fault - Unbelievable.

7 hours ago, Wallander4 said:

Filled with Chinese and Indians.

Your welcome.

6 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

And has stood me in good stead in my later years :thumbsup:

You are taking the Ps.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:47 AM, Wallander4 said:

"Moreover, Manat told officers they need to be patient, even in the face of rude foreigners; cope with difficulty, shun corruption, be fair, smart and alert. "

He should try to deal with Counter 6, dealing with extensions based on marriage  - they are damaging the reputation of Thailand and reason for many married couples to move (as they in fact told my wife also ... "why dont you just move") ...

Having to take a Photos (taken by a third party) piles of paperwork having to get a witness to accompany us to the office (because we don't have kids) are just a few of the reasons my missus sold up and I returned to blighty

Sorry Thailand but I will spend my earnings elsewhere

Edited by wobblyjohn
  • Thanks 1

On ‎13‎/‎5‎/‎2561 at 9:47 AM, sanemax said:

How many Condos are there in Thailand and how many are occupied by "thousands of ex-pats" , the number is minuscule .

What effect has all the Russians, Koreans and Chinese leaving Thailand had ?

Hardly any effect at all

Amazing that you should have had almost 7.000 posts and this is what you come up with ... lol