Officials ignore irony of telling residents to dispose of trash properly

Rimmer

Officials ignore irony of telling residents to dispose of trash properly

image.png

PATTAYA:--City Hall, which has failed to secure a new trash hauler or dumpsite, apparently didn’t see the irony when it warned residents to dispose of their garbage properly after recent storms paved Pattaya streets with garbage.

Plastic bags, foam food boxes, empty bottles, paper and other waste littered the city following floods resulting from four steady days of rain in late April. City officials said the garbage tide is becoming a common thing due to residents’ carelessness.

The trash, city hall pointed out, only exacerbates flooding as the waste clogs drains, many of which were packed with waste when city workers lifted street grates May 2.

Read more: http://www.pattayamail.com/news/officials-ignore-irony-telling-residents-dispose-trash-properly-209551

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-05-11

Just sailed in from Koh Phai today. The water was littered with garbage, worse than I have seen for ages. Plastic debris being the largest component. This has to stop. Someone, somewhere with authority and an (at least partially) altruistic nature has to be found, surely?

• Haha 1

In Pattaya and Jomtien, I watched the garbage truck stop at a mountain of garbage, they

found bags with bottles in them , took those bags and left the rest. That happened for

3 days in a row, before there must have been enough complaints that the rest was finally

cleaned up properly. That is why I thnk the mafia has the garbage contract.

Geezer

• Haha 2

After hiring a bargain-basement trash hauler that refuses to invest in more trucks and staff, 

You pay peanuts you get monkeys.......How about returning some of the backhanders  to the coffers and pay for a professional service......or does a city official own the company that got the latest contract.......

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

In Pattaya and Jomtien, I watched the garbage truck stop at a mountain of garbage, they

found bags with bottles in them , took those bags and left the rest. That happened for

3 days in a row, before there must have been enough complaints that the rest was finally

cleaned up properly. That is why I thnk the mafia has the garbage contract.

Geezer

Mafia - Wikipedia

A mafia is a type of organized crime syndicate whose primary activities are protection racketeering, the arbitration of disputes between criminals, and the ...

Thai Mafia is different. They may have some skills to organize, but a lot just

wing it and are really just Thugs. Many back grounds and people from all over

the country, as well as expats from else where. That is the mafia I am referring to

not the notorious mafias of Italy and Russia etc.

Geezer