How to heal my gut after antibiotics?

Bonobojt

1 minute ago, Bonobojt said:

I think its a good idea, but I don't think I've got the self control to not eat for 3 days, I can't even do a 1 day fast, problem is I get bored and when I'm bored I just want to eat.

a guy on YouTube called Liferegenerator just done a 40 day fast, he is a raw vegan guy, he says fasting is good     

maybe I'll try, but I doubt I can do it, I need to be locked in a room so I can't get any food

you think you could do it ?

In April I did a 5 day water only fast.

I intermittent fast most days.

But you can't do it and probably won't try because you've given up without even trying?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, laislica said:

In April I did a 5 day water only fast.

I intermittent fast most days.

But you can't do it and probably won't try because you've given up without even trying?

I've never thought about doing it much, its not that I've given up, I've just never taken the idea of doing it seriously, maybe I'll try, good way to save money on the food bill I guess, and its good for you, win win  

Bonobojt, I had my stomach bug around a year ago now. I take no medicine, but have to manage my diet to keep the symptoms low. You might be in a similar situation to me. Sometimes the body just needs a long period big time to recover. The advice from the guys above will all help, i.e. exercise, lifestyle, probiotics, organise good, etc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

yesterday I went to the next level, I got off my arse and went to the vegan health food store, and had a fresh green vegetable juice, and brought a jar of organic fermented beetroot, then went to the market and brought some persimmons, cherries, spinach, vine tomatoes and lettuce, and for dinner I used those foods to make a big bowl of raw salad, with some added cashew nuts and flax seeds for better nutrient absorption.

stomach is feeling much better today,  I was watching this raw vegan guy and I figured maybe a fresh green veggie juice and raw salad is what my gut needs and it be good for my gut bacteria, I'll never go full raw vegan though, I like my eggs and cooked foods.

might try fasting once a week, on a Sunday, I get the feeling my gut needs a rest and clear out.

yesterday I went to the next level, I got off my arse and went to the vegan health food store, and had a fresh green vegetable juice, and brought a jar of organic fermented beetroot, then went to the market and brought some persimmons, cherries, spinach, vine tomatoes and lettuce, and for dinner I used those foods to make a big bowl of raw salad, with some added cashew nuts and flax seeds for better nutrient absorption.

stomach is feeling much better today,  I was watching this raw vegan guy and I figured maybe a fresh green veggie juice and raw salad is what my gut needs and it be good for my gut bacteria, I'll never go full raw vegan though, I like my eggs and cooked foods.

might try fasting once a week, on a Sunday, I get the feeling my gut needs a rest and clear out.

I can recommend Dr Mosley's, (the famous BBC doctor) fasting program . 6:1 or 5:2 program .

It basically means you eat normal , healthy food 5 or 6 days of the week , not exceeding 2500 calories, or what is recommended for your height and weight, then on the fasting day you can eat up to 500 calories.

I tried the 6:1 program over several months , every Monday I only eat oat porridge, maybe a carrot, some fruit and a light meal to stay under 500 calories. And I drink a lot of water, also coffee or tea.

Dr Mosleys research discovered that when your body get too much food to digest it will work on overtime and it will not repair the important cells in your body. By reducing the food intake and drink a lot of fluid, the body will have time to repair the cells and you will feel better the next day. Also your brain will adapt and remember that you need to "relax" one or two days per week.

I find it hard to do the fasting twice per week so I choose the 6:1 program , Mondays are a bit boring anyway so a good day for me to eat less.

And it will also make sure you do not gain weight as long as you eat normal healthy food , rich in nutrients.

Just do a google search , you can find some interesting BBC documentaries on Youtube about Mosley.

4 hours ago, balo said:

I can recommend Dr Mosley's, (the famous BBC doctor) fasting program . 6:1 or 5:2 program .

It basically means you eat normal , healthy food 5 or 6 days of the week , not exceeding 2500 calories, or what is recommended for your height and weight, then on the fasting day you can eat up to 500 calories.

I tried the 6:1 program over several months , every Monday I only eat oat porridge, maybe a carrot, some fruit and a light meal to stay under 500 calories. And I drink a lot of water, also coffee or tea.

Dr Mosleys research discovered that when your body get too much food to digest it will work on overtime and it will not repair the important cells in your body. By reducing the food intake and drink a lot of fluid, the body will have time to repair the cells and you will feel better the next day. Also your brain will adapt and remember that you need to "relax" one or two days per week.

I find it hard to do the fasting twice per week so I choose the 6:1 program , Mondays are a bit boring anyway so a good day for me to eat less.

And it will also make sure you do not gain weight as long as you eat normal healthy food , rich in nutrients.

Just do a google search , you can find some interesting BBC documentaries on Youtube about Mosley.

thanks, well its Monday tomorrow, maybe I'll give it a try, or do a complete lemon water fast,  I'm a naturally thin guy, I'm 5'11 and weigh around 60 to 62kg, so don't need to lose weight. 

Archived