How to heal my gut after antibiotics?

Bonobojt

6 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Addiction

Yes the brain is programmed that way. 

Just like smoking and drinking too much ,  it's difficult to get rid of the habit. But I never had a problem with that , I follow a plan to see if it works for me. 

I am not hungry like I used to be . 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  On 5/23/2018 at 1:42 AM, balo said:

I agree, and one other thing , we do not need a lot of the food daily , our body was not intended for all this food that makes us gain weight.

I analized this statement for awhile, to figure out what angle its suppose to be aimed at...basically, it makes no sense to me, BUT he did say one thing I would like to comment on. "our body was not intended for all this food that makes us gain weight.". Yep, there we have it. The elephant in the room. This "food" that makes us gain weight is not "food". It is chemicals, toxins, by-products, sodiums, msg's, High frutose corn syrup (there is your "weight gain") and all  sold under the name "Cheap, Healty, Good for you".  People we are being attacked in all directions, and especially our foods, water, air....Did you know McDonalds foods (sorry, McDonalds is not food) has no fiber at all in it? Those who eat this garbage everyday get no fiber in your gut and stand a 50x greater risk of colon cancer. Fiber is needed in our bodies, they are like the little "scrub brushes" who go in there and clean up the mess left over by the other stuff. The fiber "scrapes" our colon as it is processed from "intake" to ex-pelling it. Hope that helps. 

And as far as the one gentleman stateing he is glad to have had anti-biotics after his surgery. My friend, the reason you are glad you had anti-biotics, was to protect you from in "unserile" conditions of a Hospital and ...here it is ...the big kicKer...READY?   To protect you from the "Toxins" in the meds they were giving you.

Thank you, mick-drop, I have exited the building.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I agree, and one other thing , we do not need a lot of the food daily , our body was not intended for all this food that makes us gain weight.

I analized this statement for awhile, to figure out what angle its suppose to be aimed at...basically, it makes no sense to me, BUT he did say one thing I would like to comment on. "our body was not intended for all this food that makes us gain weight.". Yep, there we have it. The elephant in the room. This "food" that makes us gain weight is not "food". It is chemicals, toxins, by-products, sodiums, msg's, High frutose corn syrup (there is your "weight gain") and all  sold under the name "Cheap, Healty, Good for you".  People we are being attacked in all directions, and especially our foods, water, air....Did you know McDonalds foods (sorry, McDonalds is not food) has no fiber at all in it? Those who eat this garbage everyday get no fiber in your gut and stand a 50x greater risk of colon cancer. Fiber is needed in our bodies, they are like the little "scrub brushes" who go in there and clean up the mess left over by the other stuff. The fiber "scrapes" our colon as it is processed from "intake" to ex-pelling it. Hope that helps. 

And as far as the one gentleman stateing he is glad to have had anti-biotics after his surgery. My friend, the reason you are glad you had anti-biotics, was to protect you from in "unserile" conditions of a Hospital and ...here it is ...the big kicKer...READY?   To protect you from the "Toxins" in the meds they were giving you.

Thank you, mick-drop, I have exited the building.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

On 5/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, welovethailand said:

I hear you and sort of agree.

In my terms, I believe that we evolved as a species to regularly be short of food.

Only the ones who extracted the most energy out of what they consumed survived and procreated.

We are programmed to survive on very little, but in modern times that has changed in a few decades.

Food, and good food at that is available 24x7.

It's not just junk food folk who have the modern diseases.

Proper healthy eaters get em too!

We eat too often and at that, very dense calorie stuff and our bodies just can't cope with that.

It gets no time to relax and rest.

It's always busy digesting and trying to rid itself of the toxins ingested and also created during natural digestion.

We are overloaded.

Our systems start to break down and we get sick.

It may take ages, but we get there...

IMHO, the solution is to give our systems a rest - stop eating.

At least for a short time.

Then see if you feel better or not.

If better, you now know what to investigate more/do.

If not - sorry.

Look for another cause.

Could the problem be an autoimmune problem?

But keep looking.

Just sayin, there is no - One Size Fits All!!!!!.....

And remember yoghurt , it's easy to forget . But must be a part of a daily diet. 

The natural type from Yolada is only 59 baht for a big one. 

yolida-product.jpg

3 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

Thanks Balo,

I will be buying heaps of these stuff when I move over in the summer. Just to check, it doesn't have any sweeteners or other rubbish in it right?

Thanks JS

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I use it and it is Thai made and natural with no sweeteners or additives...…...small pot about 22 baht!

1 hour ago, jakestevernson said:

Laiscila,

How long do you do your intermittent fasting for each day?

JS

16 hours is reckoned to be the minimum to be useful; we normally do 18 hours or more. After a while it becomes natural and feels good; aware that your body could take some food, but not actually being hungry. 

2 hours ago, welovethailand said:

Forget about the yogert. Its full of high frutose and there is no "cultuers" in it anymore

Sorry, not true as there are many true yoghurts on the market which don't have HFCS in them or any other rubbish......and include live cultures.

52 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Sorry, not true as there are many true yoghurts on the market which don't have HFCS in them or any other rubbish......and include live cultures.

Indeed, and Yolida is one of them. No fruit or sweetener, just milk and yogurt culture.

I use it as starter to make my own yogurt and it works fine, which it would not do if it did nto contain live culture.

Forget about the yogert. Its full of high frutose and there is no "cultuers" in it anymore. Thats why the Queen drinks raw milk and no one else is allowed it. They took all our good foods away......look for a farmer, organic.
Nonsense , you don't know much. The natural yoghurt from Yolida is 100% natural with live bacterias . The only Thai brand worth buying IMO.

18 hours ago, balo said:

Nonsense , you don't know much. The natural yoghurt from Yolida is 100% natural with live bacterias . The only Thai brand worth buying IMO. 

OK, OK, OK but...... please play nice.

I get what is being said by welovethailand and IMO, apart from a few brands, what he said is generally true world wide.

Our food has been hijacked for sales and profit, even products that are sold as healthy may not be so.

I am 76 and I have seen how it has changed over my lifetime and not for the better.

Threads like this are an excellent way of sharing info so that others may inform themselves and benefit from that knowledge.

It's easy when you know how but with the manufacturers spin doctors and mega advertising that is often full of lies, how does anyone find the truth?
The manufacturers have had laws passed so they can hide what is really in their products.

Like:

50+ names for sugars.

E numbers

Flavour enhancers (MSG?)

Aromas

Anti caking agents

etc. etc.

and loads more to many to mention.

As I mentioned before, Sauerkraut that has been pasturised for goodness sake!

11 minutes ago, laislica said:

I get what is being said by welovethailand and IMO, apart from a few brands, what he said is generally true world wide.

Our food has been hijacked for sales and profit, even products that are sold as healthy may not be so.

I am 76 and I have seen how it has changed over my lifetime and not for the better.

Threads like this are an excellent way of sharing info so that others may inform themselves and benefit from that knowledge.

It's easy when you know how but with the manufacturers spin doctors and mega advertising that is often full of lies, how does anyone find the truth?
The manufacturers have had laws passed so they can hide what is really in their products.

Like:

50+ names for sugars.

E numbers

Flavour enhancers (MSG?)

Aromas

Anti caking agents

etc. etc.

But getting back to yogurt. You'd have to be legally blind not to find natural unsweetened yogurts in supermarkets here. Big C Extra where I do most of my shopping is loaded with Thai brand natural yogurts AND imported varieties. Considering how sweet Thais like their dairy products I've always been amazed at how much unsweetened stuff is available. You can even find "slightly sweetened" yogurts, which are rather pleasant. 

Like:
50+ names for sugars.
E numbers
Flavour enhancers (MSG?)
Aromas
Anti caking agents
etc. etc.

I agree in what you say , but when you walk into a supermarket in Thailand you need to do your own research by just reading the labels, most of them are written in English . I always try to avoid chemicals and processed food, and I will not buy fruit yoghurt full of sugar.
I mix my own fruit at home with Yolada so it's as natural as it gets.

But unfortunately people don't care much about their own health today , and its easy to blame doctors or fast food chains, but use your brain, eat the right food and not too much of it, exercise and stay healthy.

alongside seeing you are now focussed upon the road to fixing the flora problems...

what about helping your immunities a little whilst you are at it?

- an old one is to ply your self with good doses of plain ol' (real home done) chicken soup, - that has been verrryyy slow cooked,

cooked slow complete with as much of the many whole bones that are in the bird.

It's all about what's in the chicken bones' marrow etc

2 hours ago, tifino said:

alongside seeing you are now focussed upon the road to fixing the flora problems...

what about helping your immunities a little whilst you are at it?

- an old one is to ply your self with good doses of plain ol' (real home done) chicken soup, - that has been verrryyy slow cooked,

cooked slow complete with as much of the many whole bones that are in the bird.

It's all about what's in the chicken bones' marrow etc

You can achieve those benefits from consuming gelatin straight. That's how they make it - by boiling bones, skin and cartilage for hours. I've just ordered some bovine gelatin from iHerb. I'm keen to give it a go.

Should read- How do I heal my gut after an infection.  I don't like the assumption that it is the antibiotic that caused the problem.  Obviously, you have to ask: Why was the antibiotic needed in the first place?

Usually, the gut recovers by itself when eating a normal, everyday diet. Products like yoghurt and kefir could perhaps help.

Eating an overly wacky diet could in fact undermine gut health.

• 2 weeks later...

well you won't believe this guys, can't believe my luck really

basically recovered from the Giardia and Antibiotics, felt pretty much back to normal other than the occasional tummy growling or whatever you call it.

a few days ago I had some Dairy free coconut yogurt and my stomach felt unwell within minutes after eating it, and I found something inside the yogurt, hard to describe what it looks like, not sure how to post pics on my posts but I took a picture of it, it felt like coconut meat, is was a white ish colour but in the middle it looked rotten, greenish color, I have contacted the company and they gave me a £5 tesco voucher.

anyways, I didn't vomit or get diarrhea, just feel unwell, tummy feels a bit Nauseous, back to square one...

its only been a few days since it happened, still feeling off though, not sure how to handle this one in terms of diet etc.. tried some Activated Charcoal Capsules from Holland & Barrett but there crap compared to the ones in Thailand, didn't help. 

at the moment I'm thinking, Garlic, oatmeal, blueberries, Ginger tea, Bland white toast, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Banana's etc... maybe some hard boiled eggs and probiotics.

anyways talk about bad luck, but I don't think its serious as no vomit or Diarrhea.

2 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

well you won't believe this guys, can't believe my luck really

basically recovered from the Giardia and Antibiotics, felt pretty much back to normal other than the occasional tummy growling or whatever you call it.

a few days ago I had some Dairy free coconut yogurt and my stomach felt unwell within minutes after eating it, and I found something inside the yogurt, hard to describe what it looks like, not sure how to post pics on my posts but I took a picture of it, it felt like coconut meat, is was a white ish colour but in the middle it looked rotten, greenish color, I have contacted the company and they gave me a £5 tesco voucher.

anyways, I didn't vomit or get diarrhea, just feel unwell, tummy feels a bit Nauseous, back to square one...

its only been a few days since it happened, still feeling off though, not sure how to handle this one in terms of diet etc.. tried some Activated Charcoal Capsules from Holland & Barrett but there crap compared to the ones in Thailand, didn't help. 

at the moment I'm thinking, Garlic, oatmeal, blueberries, Ginger tea, Bland white toast, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Banana's etc... maybe some hard boiled eggs and probiotics.

anyways talk about bad luck, but I don't think its serious as no vomit or Diarrhea.

So what about giving a normal diet a try?  I don't think you are doing yourself any favours at all. 

22 minutes ago, balo said:

If you have an upset stomach , just eat Papaya , and only eat light meals , banana etc .   drink plenty of water.   

yeah my stomach just feels off, slight nausea, no pain or anything, and I felt a little fatigued, yeah I'll eat some bland light meals, I'll have a look to see if I can find a ripe papaya tomorrow, might be difficult in england. thanks 

2 hours ago, mommysboy said:

So what about giving a normal diet a try?  I don't think you are doing yourself any favours at all. 

I'll go on a bland food diet for a couple of days, which you told me to do before for my last problem

48 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

Bad luck Bonobojt, I would suggest taking it easy for a few days and eating light, bland meals. See how it goes for a week.

cheers, yeah starting tomorrow I'll do the bland food diet for couple of days, hopefully I'll feel better in a week.

Archived