How to heal my gut after antibiotics?

Bonobojt

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flagyl is hard to handle.  But it is still a bit of an assumption for anyone to think their guts have been compromised by antibiotics.  Basically there can be any number of reasons why people experience upsets.  It could just be that they are not so good at handling the local spices for instance, or simply over-eating.  Then there is the risk of parisitic infection.

Basically, I would advise looking for the obvious first, and then if you really have no clue, get checked out for IBS, etc.

Yes, probiotics, and natural yoghurt won't do any harm.  They may not do much good either.

Fermented cabbage easy and cheap to make and so powerful . Use the red cabbage , get some jars and Himalayan salt and make the most powerful probiotics you could have in many ways and much more powerful than probiotic pills . PM me if you need help .... I make a batch of jars every few months and can send you some useful links to the sites and videos that taught me ... below is a picture of the last batch I made a few months ago with 20 kilos of cabbage that's only about 30 Baht a kilo .. IMG_4811.thumb.JPG.715dc27eabfd827fb24d2b08c9775533.JPG&key=1243cb6480a5139064148ba321da067d8490916902463a7a5884c95877342540

Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

IMG_5871.JPG

There really isn't much evidence to suggest that yoghurt, kefir, etc, do that much good. 

Most minor gut problems are caused by doing things that one is not aware of.  For instance, most of us don't feel like we are over-eating but portion sizes have increased dramatically over recent decades.  Others might overlook the damaging effects of even 2 beers a day.  Most people are also not physically fit.  Fibre is great, but you can have too much of a good thing.  And I'm sure natural yoghurt is great, but not if you eat too much.

The best advice, imo, if you find you are having gut problems: go back to the diet you were brought up with.  For me, that means bacon, eggs, spuds, boiled veg , bread, etc.

Yesterday I ordered an 8 day supply of Kefir made by a small company, its coconut Kefir made with proper Kefir grains. 

I think I won't spend anymore money for now, I've got the supplements, the probiotic, the Kefir etc.. Just need to get that in my system and then focus on a high fiber diet with prebiotic foods like green banana's, oats, garlic, vegetables, beans and lentils etc.. 

2 more days then I'm off these antibiotics and can start healing. 

There is 100 trillion bacteria in our gut, it's an ecosystem, extremely important, almost like a second brain, if you destroy your ecosystem then your health can not be good. 

Think I need a lifestyle change to avoid more antibiotics in the future. No more fun with online ladies, maybe settle down, easier said than done I know 

3 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

Yesterday I ordered an 8 day supply of Kefir made by a small company, its coconut Kefir made with proper Kefir grains. 

I think I won't spend anymore money for now, I've got the supplements, the probiotic, the Kefir etc.. Just need to get that in my system and then focus on a high fiber diet with prebiotic foods like green banana's, oats, garlic, vegetables, beans and lentils etc.. 

2 more days then I'm off these antibiotics and can start healing. 

There is 100 trillion bacteria in our gut, it's an ecosystem, extremely important, almost like a second brain, if you destroy your ecosystem then your health can not be good. 

Think I need a lifestyle change to avoid more antibiotics in the future. No more fun with online ladies, maybe settle down, easier said than done I know 

You have been ill, that's all, and it's given you quite a shock.  Your stomach is upset because you had 2 bad infections.  Yes Flagyl can be hard to stomach, but there is no suggestion that it has destroyed your gut bacteria.  Without it, you might be seriously ill by now.

I would advise against major lifestyle and dietary changes.  You just need a very bland diet and food that you are accustomed to.  Green banana's and a high fibre diet would be madness.  Perhaps there are some lifestyle issues you need to address, perhaps not.

On 11/05/2018 at 4:42 PM, laislica said:

Let food be thy medicine.

After being hospitalised with a kidney infection in November where I was given intravenous ciprofloxacin, this is what I did.

For a few weeks, I avoided dairy, ate little meat also avoided all processed foods and anything with wheat.

Cut out alcohol.

Needless to say, no sugar in any form neither in food or drinks. (don't feed the fungus or mould)

Ate loads of lightly stir fried veggies using coconut oil not cheap veggie oils.

Added turmeric to the veggies during cooking and some sea salt. No other sauces or additives.

Add crushed garlic just before I ate.

Had as many different coloured veggies as I could.

Ate eggs.

I also ate some fruit each day, again, not so much but many colours.

Exercise, daily walks is good but not easy to do in Thailand.

Got plenty of sleep.

Increase vitamin C, I take the powdered one from Natures Best,

I dilute several grams of C in water and sip it through the day.

As the carafe emptied, I refilled it so I was taking about 8-10 grams/day.

It has performed magic for me.

In Thailand you can buy fermented veggies in the local markets so buy small amounts of as many different ones as you can.

Keep them in the fridge and every time you pass the fridge, eat a fork full of a different fermented veggie.

It was so successful that I have decided to make it my lifestyle.

I've gone from 79Kg to 69 Kg in about 5 months.

BP now normal without meds.....

I have a waist that is smaller than my hips.

About 3 months into this I did a 5 day water only fast and felt so much better for that.

What ever you choose to, good luck but remember;

Your immune system needs to be nourished and your body needs to rest.

Digestion takes an enormous amount of energy and resources.

I try to eat during a small time window.

Now I skip breakfast and don't normally eat until after midday. I try to finish eating by early evening.

The eating time is about 6-8 hours and the rest of the time my digestive system is having a break.

We've been back in Spain for about 3 weeks now so I am drinking some wine.

Even so, my weight is still going down slowly.

I do more exercise and am replacing muscle lost in Thailand.

My waist size is also reducing and I am feeling much better than I have for many years.

I am 76, height 5'10", waist 35".

PS, when buying store bought products like sauerkraut, check to see that they are NOT Pasturised....

That kills all the bacteria you're trying to get - they do it to extend the shelf life.....

You're eating sensibly, resting, and exercising; that's the top and tail of it!

The single most important thing here is your increased fitness.

An averagely good diet would likely give you all the vitamins and minerals you need.

You recovered well from a kidney infection because it was properly treated.

Imo you shouldn't really skip breakfast, but the mini fasting is a good idea.

Laislcia, that was an excellent post and very good advice. I am doing a similar regime to you and I am getting fitter and stronger each week. The variation of food, avoiding simple sugars and limited drinking have helped me to recover. I still have a little bloating each day, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was last year after I got a food bug.

The only independent proven probiotic (in the UK) to survive and get to the gut is Symprove. It's very expensive, but I am using it for the 3 month period. So far it's helping, but in the long term as suggested above, it's about lifestyle change.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

You're eating sensibly, resting, and exercising; that's the top and tail of it!

The single most important thing here is your increased fitness.

An averagely good diet would likely give you all the vitamins and minerals you need.

You recovered well from a kidney infection because it was properly treated.

Imo you shouldn't really skip breakfast, but the mini fasting is a good idea.

Thanks for your encouragement.

You previously mentioned that portion sizes have gradually increased and this is true.

I observe that we also eat far too frequently.

Our digestive system does not get a chance to unclog!

So it's not only important what you eat and don't eat, but how often we eat.

Breakfast - I'm not hungry so why would I eat  - because the clock says so?

There is a big difference between hunger and appetite.

I just came across some body size measurements that I made in 2012 when I had and used a multigym.

I am almost back to the same measurements again but the striking thing is that my biceps and thighs are considerably smaller now.

I think I have to get the hand weights our and actually use them LOL

6 years ago and I could stand, cross my feet and squat and stand again without any support.

No chance now.... But, hey at 76, what to expect  - use it or lose it!

Got into a relationship in 2012, then married, got lazy......

The sit to rise test can be dangerous if you have health problems.

Here are some solutions and exercises that can prolong your life:

30 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

Laislcia, that was an excellent post and very good advice. I am doing a similar regime to you and I am getting fitter and stronger each week. The variation of food, avoiding simple sugars and limited drinking have helped me to recover. I still have a little bloating each day, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was last year after I got a food bug.

The only independent proven probiotic (in the UK) to survive and get to the gut is Symprove. It's very expensive, but I am using it for the 3 month period. So far it's helping, but in the long term as suggested above, it's about lifestyle change.

Thanks Jake, good to have a forum where we can share what we are actually doing.

I belong to some others and the ideas I gain have been very supportive.

IMHO, one of the things we tent to overlook is the amount of toxins we are dosed with on an hourly basis.

Pollution in the air, water, food is at unprecedented levels and impossible to avoid.

Additionally, farming methods have resulted in food not having all the nutrients that it should have and used to have.

Thus, we need to think about getting toxins out of our bodies.

An infra red sauna (or sunshine) is a great way to detox.

Even the steam saunas at some Wat's are also OK.

We also need to ensure that we have an Optimum level of vitamins and minerals, trace elements etc.

The RDA values are generally too low, just large enough so you don't get a disease but NOT enough for optimum health!

Vitamin D3, It's actually a hormone and is essential for health. It's oil based so unless you eat enough fat, it cannot be properly utilised.

B vits are water soluble, as is Vit C so they need to be taken in doses divided during the day.

Cholesterol is another confusing item.

If you never ate any cholesterol, your liver would have to convert food into at least 4 grams/day.

Without it you will be sick.

Your brain is largely cholesterol as is the sheath that surrounds your nerves.

I eat eggs, they supply the cholesterol and save my liver some work.

We have been lied to about salt - we need it - if you have low salt your kidneys have to work harder so as not to excrete it!

Magnesium is also vital ( and best absorbed on an empty stomach).

Etc. etc.

As we age, our bodies lose efficiency and many of us are unable to fully absorb vitamins (like B12) so supplementation is a great ides.

I am just airing my views in the hope that some folk will look further into some of these points and by making small lifestyle changes, enjoy a better quality of life.

Wouldn't it be great to be healthy, strong and largely pain free right up to the day you die.

Nutrition, exercise and sleep may help you achieve that goal.

9 minutes ago, laislica said:

Wouldn't it be great to be healthy, strong and largely pain free right up to the day you die.

Jeez Laislica, I'd feel cheated if I died healthy, strong and pain free!!! :sorry:

Read your posts with great interest so keep up the good work.

1 hour ago, laislica said:

Thanks for your encouragement.

You previously mentioned that portion sizes have gradually increased and this is true.

I observe that we also eat far too frequently.

Our digestive system does not get a chance to unclog!

So it's not only important what you eat and don't eat, but how often we eat.

Breakfast - I'm not hungry so why would I eat  - because the clock says so?

There is a big difference between hunger and appetite.

I just came across some body size measurements that I made in 2012 when I had and used a multigym.

I am almost back to the same measurements again but the striking thing is that my biceps and thighs are considerably smaller now.

I think I have to get the hand weights our and actually use them LOL

6 years ago and I could stand, cross my feet and squat and stand again without any support.

No chance now.... But, hey at 76, what to expect  - use it or lose it!

Got into a relationship in 2012, then married, got lazy......

The sit to rise test can be dangerous if you have health problems.

Here are some solutions and exercises that can prolong your life:

That test is all fine and dandy for people who are used to sitting cross-legged.  Also many people play sports like football, and incur damage of various kinds to their knees.  I couldn't get cross legged and rise up even when I was 5 years old.

For 76, you are doing extremely well, and I hope there is an 86, 96, etc.

59 minutes ago, laislica said:

Thanks Jake, good to have a forum where we can share what we are actually doing.

I belong to some others and the ideas I gain have been very supportive.

IMHO, one of the things we tent to overlook is the amount of toxins we are dosed with on an hourly basis.

Pollution in the air, water, food is at unprecedented levels and impossible to avoid.

Additionally, farming methods have resulted in food not having all the nutrients that it should have and used to have.

Thus, we need to think about getting toxins out of our bodies.

An infra red sauna (or sunshine) is a great way to detox.

Even the steam saunas at some Wat's are also OK.

We also need to ensure that we have an Optimum level of vitamins and minerals, trace elements etc.

The RDA values are generally too low, just large enough so you don't get a disease but NOT enough for optimum health!

Vitamin D3, It's actually a hormone and is essential for health. It's oil based so unless you eat enough fat, it cannot be properly utilised.

B vits are water soluble, as is Vit C so they need to be taken in doses divided during the day.

Cholesterol is another confusing item.

If you never ate any cholesterol, your liver would have to convert food into at least 4 grams/day.

Without it you will be sick.

Your brain is largely cholesterol as is the sheath that surrounds your nerves.

I eat eggs, they supply the cholesterol and save my liver some work.

We have been lied to about salt - we need it - if you have low salt your kidneys have to work harder so as not to excrete it!

Magnesium is also vital ( and best absorbed on an empty stomach).

Etc. etc.

As we age, our bodies lose efficiency and many of us are unable to fully absorb vitamins (like B12) so supplementation is a great ides.

I am just airing my views in the hope that some folk will look further into some of these points and by making small lifestyle changes, enjoy a better quality of life.

Nutrition, exercise and sleep may help you achieve that goal.

There is solid evidence for saunas, but its because the heat helps lower blood pressure, and it stays that way if done regularly.

2 hours ago, jakestevernson said:

Actually there's another proven probiotic in the UK that has 450 billion bacteria per sachet with 7 strains called vsl 3 

https://www.vsl3.co.uk/about-vsl3.php

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

You have been ill, that's all, and it's given you quite a shock.  Your stomach is upset because you had 2 bad infections.  Yes Flagyl can be hard to stomach, but there is no suggestion that it has destroyed your gut bacteria.  Without it, you might be seriously ill by now.

I would advise against major lifestyle and dietary changes.  You just need a very bland diet and food that you are accustomed to.  Green banana's and a high fibre diet would be madness.  Perhaps there are some lifestyle issues you need to address, perhaps not.

I'm very accustomed to bread and beans, fruit etc I eat it everyday in the UK, fiber helps the good bacteria grow, and the good bacteria keep the bad from doing any harm. 

I think your right though about eating foods your body is use to, I couldn't give up wheat here in England, but in Thailand I eat rice and noodles, and less fiber. 

So I'm not making any major changes, I'm just eating what I normally eat when I'm here. 

3 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

Actually there's another proven probiotic in the UK that has 450 billion bacteria per sachet with 7 strains called vsl 3 

https://www.vsl3.co.uk/about-vsl3.php

The bottom line is, be careful about what you eat and drink in the Kingdom because farang bodies have not built up the resistance to 'contaminated' food and water that the locals have. If you do that, then it is likely you will decrease any need for antibiotics in the future and the "torture" of what you are going through now. 

Never knock what modern medicine/drugs can do (they can be very effective and powerful but sometimes with side effects) and I do not know of any natural products or therapies that will get rid of Giardia out of your body.

And just beware of "snake oil" salesmen (and lucky amulets)!

:thumbsup:

Bonobojt,

I will look into the probiotic you mentioned. The only thing is, I believe it is freeze dried which as opposed to being alive in liquid form. Still if it works then that's great.

Exercising regularly, eating a varied organic vegetable diet, eating grass fed meat and lots of fermented food. All really helps as well not smoking and reduced alcohol intake - the common sense stuff.

JS

6 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

Saunas are really good after a workout to relax the muscles and promote a feeling of well being.

Something wrong with a 'hot' woman for the same result? :whistling: :smile:

Yesterday started off well, feel much better but after having a shower and drinking water at around 8:00pm, I my tummy felt unwell again, just came out of nowhere. Very strange, could be just the antibiotic side effects, or maybe its the wheat, I ate a lot of bread that day, someone in here said to avoid wheat. 

I'll avoid wheat today and see what happens. 

My issues have taken nearly a year to improve. I have reduced my bread and wheat intake and that definitely helps. I think it's about eliminating certain foods that upset you and then later down the line, slowly introducing them back in.

Have you read the excellent Michael Mosley book called the clever guts diet? It's essential reading.

JS

14 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

Yesterday started off well, feel much better but after having a shower and drinking water at around 8:00pm, I my tummy felt unwell again, just came out of nowhere. Very strange, could be just the antibiotic side effects, or maybe its the wheat, I ate a lot of bread that day, someone in here said to avoid wheat. 

You should be on a bland, low fibre diet.  Processed food may even be better for a while.  Ignore the health freaks on this one.  You also need lots of rest.

Canned soups, banana, apple sauce, toast, chicken, crackers.  For a few days avoid fatty food, and red meat.  Maybe baked beans are ok, but probably best to avoid others.

6 minutes ago, jakestevernson said:

My issues have taken nearly a year to improve. I have reduced my bread and wheat intake and that definitely helps. I think it's about eliminating certain foods that upset you and then later down the line, slowly introducing them back in.

Have you read the excellent Michael Mosley book called the clever guts diet? It's essential reading.

JS

Wheat is bad food fullstop.

On 11-5-2018 at 8:22 AM, RuamRudy said:

Kefir, a slightly sour yoghurt, is very good for the stomach in general, I find. I am not sure how easy it is to locate in Thailand, but you can make your own if you can get the raw ingredients.

There is a specific thread on the Health & Medicine sub forum about kefir.

Yes I agree milk kefir and/or tea kefir made by yourself is the best you can use. Do not use it only as a medicine but also after a positive result. But where to get the starter in Thailand? Google around is a possibility.

1 hour ago, Bonobojt said:

There is a protein in wheat called Glutin and it is hard to digest.

In our stomach we have villi which absorb the digested nutrients into the blood stream.

Digested means that the protein peptides are broken into smaller molecules bu the action of enzimes.

The enzymes that "snip" proteins down in size only work in a very acid stomach and here is one problem.

Wheat is a carbohydrate and we chew it a lot which incorporates a lot of saliva and saliva is alcaline, thus diluting any acid that the stomach needs.

There is a nice description of the digestive system:

The vili are like a sea anemone but the villi are covered in a thin cheese cloth.

The cheese cloth has very small holes in it and thus only tiny molecules can pass through and into the blood.

Large, partially digested peptides are dense and can "rip an hole" in the cheese cloth.

This allows larger molecules to pass into the blood.

These large molecules can then attach themselves to various organs and they are alien.

Our immune system sees them and attacks and kills of these "invaders".

This is a correct response, the immune system is doing it's job.

Unfortunately partially digested molecules of all the food you are eating can pass into the blood.

The immune system now becomes sensitive to these "invaders" and starts to destroy them.

Also knocking out some wanted cells from our organs.

Now we have the start of an immune disease.

Allow this process to continue for a number of years and you may have Hasishimoto's thyroid disease or any one of the many immune diseases.

It takes 10's of thousands of years for us to become accustomed to a new food.

Wheat has not really been in the food chain for long enough and it seems that many folk suffer from the effects of partially digested food entering the blood.

We know that someone with celiac disease should never eat wheat, in any form, however, if you are sensitive to glutin, then it would be wise to avoid wheat as well.

Avoid, hmmmmm.

The immune system becomes excited by adjutants such as these large proteins and the heavy metals they use in some vaccines.

Therefore, if one is sensitive to wheat then it must be totally excluded from your diet.

Why, because even after months of exclusion the immune system is still correctly excited and if it sees the same old invaders again, it will ramp up it's sensitivity and start to self destruct organs again.....

Is wheat a food or a drug?

Whole wheat is a food but the highly processed white stuff called flour may be more like a drug.

It has been processed to an amazing extent, had fiber removed, been bleached and heavens knows what else has been added.

Flour is actually turned into blood sugar faster than table sugar.....

Eating sugar releases the feel good hormones in the brains in exactly the same way as drugs like cocaine do.

Therefore, sugars (and flour ends up as a sugar), are extremely addictive.

Giving up bread and products with flour can therefore be somewhat of a challenge.

High Fructose Corn Syrup, a relatively new invention, is many more times sweeter than table sugar, so you would expect that the food manufacturers would use less?

In fact they use more because they know it will cause cravings and they will sell more.

Just look at the advertising of various "foods" that are said to be "Irresistible".

There are many interesting descriptions on the internet.

Here is just one that I saw at random:

http://www.happilyunprocessed.com/the-basics/flour-facts/

As ivr181 said: beware of "snake oil" salesmen (and lucky amulets)!

Do your own research.

The really unfortunate thing today is that even Science cannot now be fully trusted.

Those holding the purse strings and giving grants to do research may also dictate what can be researched and then what if anything can actually be published.

It's a mine field but if we go whole plant based, with some of those plants being uncooked and avoid exotic additives like sauces containing MSG we may fare better than others who rely on maufactured and highly processed food.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chance.....

Remember, these are just my opinions, what you choose to do is up to you.

Good luck.

a

4 hours ago, laislica said:

There is a protein in wheat called Glutin and it is hard to digest.

In our stomach we have villi which absorb the digested nutrients into the blood stream.

Digested means that the protein peptides are broken into smaller molecules bu the action of enzimes.

The enzymes that "snip" proteins down in size only work in a very acid stomach and here is one problem.

Wheat is a carbohydrate and we chew it a lot which incorporates a lot of saliva and saliva is alcaline, thus diluting any acid that the stomach needs.

There is a nice description of the digestive system:

The vili are like a sea anemone but the villi are covered in a thin cheese cloth.

The cheese cloth has very small holes in it and thus only tiny molecules can pass through and into the blood.

Large, partially digested peptides are dense and can "rip an hole" in the cheese cloth.

This allows larger molecules to pass into the blood.

These large molecules can then attach themselves to various organs and they are alien.

Our immune system sees them and attacks and kills of these "invaders".

This is a correct response, the immune system is doing it's job.

Unfortunately partially digested molecules of all the food you are eating can pass into the blood.

The immune system now becomes sensitive to these "invaders" and starts to destroy them.

Also knocking out some wanted cells from our organs.

Now we have the start of an immune disease.

Allow this process to continue for a number of years and you may have Hasishimoto's thyroid disease or any one of the many immune diseases.

It takes 10's of thousands of years for us to become accustomed to a new food.

Wheat has not really been in the food chain for long enough and it seems that many folk suffer from the effects of partially digested food entering the blood.

We know that someone with celiac disease should never eat wheat, in any form, however, if you are sensitive to glutin, then it would be wise to avoid wheat as well.

Avoid, hmmmmm.

The immune system becomes excited by adjutants such as these large proteins and the heavy metals they use in some vaccines.

Therefore, if one is sensitive to wheat then it must be totally excluded from your diet.

Why, because even after months of exclusion the immune system is still correctly excited and if it sees the same old invaders again, it will ramp up it's sensitivity and start to self destruct organs again.....

Is wheat a food or a drug?

Whole wheat is a food but the highly processed white stuff called flour may be more like a drug.

It has been processed to an amazing extent, had fiber removed, been bleached and heavens knows what else has been added.

Flour is actually turned into blood sugar faster than table sugar.....

Eating sugar releases the feel good hormones in the brains in exactly the same way as drugs like cocaine do.

Therefore, sugars (and flour ends up as a sugar), are extremely addictive.

Giving up bread and products with flour can therefore be somewhat of a challenge.

High Fructose Corn Syrup, a relatively new invention, is many more times sweeter than table sugar, so you would expect that the food manufacturers would use less?

In fact they use more because they know it will cause cravings and they will sell more.

Just look at the advertising of various "foods" that are said to be "Irresistible".

There are many interesting descriptions on the internet.

Here is just one that I saw at random:

http://www.happilyunprocessed.com/the-basics/flour-facts/

As ivr181 said: beware of "snake oil" salesmen (and lucky amulets)!

Do your own research.

The really unfortunate thing today is that even Science cannot now be fully trusted.

Those holding the purse strings and giving grants to do research may also dictate what can be researched and then what if anything can actually be published.

It's a mine field but if we go whole plant based, with some of those plants being uncooked and avoid exotic additives like sauces containing MSG we may fare better than others who rely on maufactured and highly processed food.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chance.....

Remember, these are just my opinions, what you choose to do is up to you.

Good luck.

a

Is white rice OK? Its also had the fibre ripped out, but it's just one ingredient, rice. Bread is processed and had all these other ingredients like oils, flour, preservatives, yeast etc.. Even wholemeal bread has all these processed ingredients. 

3 minutes ago, Bonobojt said:

Is white rice OK? Its also had the fibre ripped out, but it's just one ingredient, rice. Bread is processed and had all these other ingredients like oils, flour, preservatives, yeast etc.. Even wholemeal bread has all these processed ingredients. 

White rice is good for you at the moment.  If you have bread, also best to eat white.  Do you like porridge?... if so, then small helpings should be fine.

6 hours ago, mommysboy said:

You should be on a bland, low fibre diet.  Processed food may even be better for a while.  Ignore the health freaks on this one.  You also need lots of rest.

Canned soups, banana, apple sauce, toast, chicken, crackers.  For a few days avoid fatty food, and red meat.  Maybe baked beans are ok, but probably best to avoid others.

I'm very aware of the BRAT diet, I looked into it on Google and apparently it is not recommended anymore due to lack of nutrition and calories, that's just what I read. 

Archived