Thousands Dead, Hundreds More Dogs Now Dying Due To Scare: Foundation

snoop1130

1 hour ago, owl sees all said:

You are bang on the money there Humbug.

TVforum posters such as ourselves must constantly bang the drum against consumerism and waste; lest the world fall into the 'Blade runner' trap.

so very true owl sees owl it needs a society wide shift in looking at consumerism in a different light

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

How are your mums bones?  A camel is not a smooth ride, I did a two day trek and walked half the first day and all of the second.

This would have been about 1999. or thereabouts. She was going to Oz (for the first time) to see a couple of her brothers who lived near Woy Woy in the east. She thought a Camel trek might be a good idea.

She was 78 then and I reckon you are bang on the money about the bones K00001. I think she got on one and decided against a month long trek; just going 'round the paddock maybe.

21 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And you put up with it? more fool you.

Could you imagine what would happen to me if I killed the dogs from the village TEMPLE?  Are you serious?  I have to live here in this small community where I have made my home.  Apart from the occasional dog problem its perfect here for me.  

Those evens happened over a year or 2 time span.  Its not like they are happening every day, so I can put up with it. 

In the last village someone did kill the 3 dogs that were killing chickens / ducks and killed the nice friendly street dog.  Someone put down poison... and NOT me.  I don't agree with that.  And the 3 dogs died.... but so did a lot of innocent and harmless other dogs in the area.. which is why I think this was wrong and cruel.  AND, after a few months of things being better... some more dogs just moved in to take their place.. so it was pointless cruelty.

Easy for you to say your flippant comment when you are not in such a situation yourself.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Happy enough said:

already answered that earlier in the thread. feel free to look for it

Don't know what you are getting all indignant about as there's nothing else there to counter my comment.

Your post # 10 clearly states and I quote, "they could have just walked to the house where they saw dogs and convinced the owners to part with them for no real reason", which is what I commented on.

On 12/05/2018 at 11:09 AM, BimBoon said:

Of all my experience of Rescueing dogs here in the hundreds I have never known a dog bit that has not been provoked. I don't believe a word. "I'm a dog lover but"??????

I have a dog myself but I definitely did NOT provoke the dog that chased and bit me when I was cycling through a local village. I did not even see it at first, it was not even on the road. How could I possibly provoke a dog I could not even see? Dogs roaming free are a massive problem here. 

Edited by sjbrownderby
addition
  • Like 2

I struggle to understand the Thai psyche. 

I had a dog that was dying and I couldn't find a vet to put him down. I had to beg my vet to refer me to one that did and finally she did. 

Her excuse was that she's a buddhist and can't. 

And here we have a situation where instead of putting them down humanely, they instead prolong their suffering in horrible pain. 

So what the hell is worse? Just ignoring the dog and letting it die? That's a worse way to kill them honestly. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

I struggle to understand the Thai psyche. 

I had a dog that was dying and I couldn't find a vet to put him down. I had to beg my vet to refer me to one that did and finally she did. 

Her excuse was that she's a buddhist and can't. 

And here we have a situation where instead of putting them down humanely, they instead prolong their suffering in horrible pain. 

So what the hell is worse? Just ignoring the dog and letting it die? That's a worse way to kill them honestly. 

You fail to understand Thai psyche, don't feel bad about it, it just puts you in with the other 99.9% of ex-pats living in Thailand. 

• Like 2