Somyot did not declare Bt300m loan: NACC

rooster59

6 hours ago, SABloke said:

They're basically just setting it up so that in a few days Somyot will come out and say he never borrowed any money from Kampol and when he previously said he did, he actually just misspoke our was misunderstood. :saai: In fact, he never even knew Kampol...

He will have to do a bit better than that as around the time he allegedly borrowed the money he bought X hundred million baht of shares in AQ Estate, which is on the SET and the transaction is publically available and can be searched for. Another transaction was the selling of those shares to a certain Kampol, also both parties named and listed on the SET notice of transaction. 

Edited by smutcakes
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

When I saw this story, my first thought was "Hooray!" as I thought that one of the thieving weasels was going to get their comeuppance and it was about time!

However, as I read the story and came to the section where the NACC was going to investigate, I realized that it was simply a waste of time. Will the NACC investigate? I am sure that they will go through the motions and form a committee; they might even find evidence (I am sure that there is evidence). Will it matter? No.

The NACC is a deeply flawed and discredited organization; whatever credibility it had was lost over the General Rolex matter.

Is Somyot guilty? Almost certainly. Does the investigation matter? Almost certainly not. The only thing that matters is whether he or his friends have an "in" with the NACC. If they do, he will be found 'not guilty' in some way, shape or form or alternatively found 'guilty' with no real, discernible punishment.

The NACC is a tainted organization. And because of its taint, it has no credibility. And because of its lack of credibility, there really can not be fair/legitimate/proper/etc. investigations into the upper echelons of Thai officialdom anymore (were there ever?)

When a society is unable to investigate its upper echelons with credibility, it is a clear sign of its rapid decline and moral degeneracy.

Its a sad thing to watch...

This case has been going for a while. And they ain't even got the bank transaction copies sorted yet!

Slow, meandering and selective. No wonder their case to successful prosecution ratio is what it is. Says it all.

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

He will have to do a bit better than that as around the time he allegedly borrowed the money he bought X hundred million baht of shares in AQ Estate, which is on the SET and the transaction is publically available and can be searched for. Another transaction was the selling of those shares to a certain Kampol, also both parties named and listed on the SET notice of transaction. 

Hang on. So he borrows a very large sum of money, then buys shares, which he then sells to the same person he borrowed the money off, and then, allegedly paid back the money to that person?

Seems all above board and straight forward :whistling: 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

When I saw this story, my first thought was "Hooray!" as I thought that one of the thieving weasels was going to get their comeuppance and it was about time!

However, as I read the story and came to the section where the NACC was going to investigate, I realized that it was simply a waste of time. Will the NACC investigate? I am sure that they will go through the motions and form a committee; they might even find evidence (I am sure that there is evidence). Will it matter? No.

The NACC is a deeply flawed and discredited organization; whatever credibility it had was lost over the General Rolex matter.

Is Somyot guilty? Almost certainly. Does the investigation matter? Almost certainly not. The only thing that matters is whether he or his friends have an "in" with the NACC. If they do, he will be found 'not guilty' in some way, shape or form or alternatively found 'guilty' with no real, discernible punishment.

The NACC is a tainted organization. And because of its taint, it has no credibility. And because of its lack of credibility, there really can not be fair/legitimate/proper/etc. investigations into the upper echelons of Thai officialdom anymore (were there ever?)

When a society is unable to investigate its upper echelons with credibility, it is a clear sign of its rapid decline and moral degeneracy.

Its a sad thing to watch...

Occasionally they have to throw one of their own under the bus to maintain a patina of legitimacy.  Somyot?  Maybe.  Maybe not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Hard to find a copper in another country so rich, so why in relatively 'poor' Thailand  ? Something very fishy here, but probably investigated by someone just as bent !

Well stated Richard Coleman. Police work in Thailand does seem to offer unparalleled and unquestioned opportunities to improve one's lot, in some cases to obscene levels of wealth.

Like 300 million on a cops salary! Only in amazing Thailand.

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Hang on. So he borrows a very large sum of money, then buys shares, which he then sells to the same person he borrowed the money off, and then, allegedly paid back the money to that person?

Seems all above board and straight forward :whistling: 

Quite. I did put an additional sentance on my post about laundry facilities but thought it wise to delete.

The owner of  Victoria’s parlour

faces 12 charges, including procuring prostitution and human trafficking and is on the run. On the other hand, we have an ex-police chief who has borrowed 300 million baht from this criminal.

What a fine society.

On absolute moral low.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

Well stated Richard Coleman. Police work in Thailand does seem to offer unparalleled and unquestioned opportunities to improve one's lot, in some cases to obscene levels of wealth.

Like 300 million on a cops salary! Only in amazing Thailand.

Checks and balances. Even most religions have them. That’s why many religious men have to be celibate or can’t use money - they’ve been known to abuse their power so checks and balances have been put in place. This is dated to hundreds of years ago. 

And then we have the RTP. I’ve been here 10 years and I’ve never seen anyone even mention something that resembles a check or balance. 

54 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

"has borrowed 300 million baht". "Borrowed" is definitely the word in question here. Moving money around in circles can give the impression of "borrowing" as opposed to a "protection pay off". Very similar to doing the laundry (haha).