100 arrested, 85 modified bikes seized in police crackdown

rooster59

I asked a Thai neighbour is it legal to shoot and kill the kids with loud scooters. He said no. 

I guess arresting these vermins is the next best thing to do. 

9 minutes ago, Tony M said:

and villa - renters from Bangkok

If those rentals are for  less than 3 month ie daily  they are illegal, maybe call "Big Joke"

11 minutes ago, Tony M said:

in the hope of getting support to take to City Hall

good luck

57 minutes ago, bananafish said:

And maybe it already is illegal, if so I would love it to be strictly enforced. 

There is a law stipulating the max sound level from an exhaust.  If I remember correctly it is around 93 or 95dba.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bananafish said:

I've been saying for a while now it should be illegal to modify a bike exhaust to make it louder. It's so damn annoying and obnoxious. 

It is already illegal  + TIS 341-2542 logo should be displayed on a legal exhaust muffler

95db for bikes under 125.
99db for bikes over 125

Edited by johng

Every Isaan town and beyond is the same. What happened about the Government plans maybe 16 years ago to remove all these old 2-stroke bikes off the road?

I especially hope the Buriram Police read this and act accordingly after those youths died there a few days ago.

Every evening hundreds scream out of the Rajapat University on these modified machines and race past the Football Stadium down the 2445. If I've seen em 100 times why haven't the police and done something to stop it?

1 hour ago, carken said:

I totally agree that these "loud" motorbikes of the teenagers is really annoying ... I get angry and upset every time our teenage son and his friends come to our house with their "loud" bikes .... they also work on them in our front yard ... <deleted>!!! ... however I bite my tounge and never say a word ... I can remember when I was a teenager (I'm now 80 yrs old) and we lowered our cars, put "moon disk" hubcaps on them and new exhaust mufflers/pipes that made them "growl" and were also very loud ... the louder the better as we cruised around with our radios turned up as loud as they would go (was considered very "cool" back then) and punching on the accelarator to hear the very loud "growl" of the so called mufflers .... when you are a teenager "loud" means you are a big deal and very, very cool ... especially when you are shootin' off the line at the local drag strip

Again yes it's extremely irritating but try to remember when you were a teenager and cruisin' around ... loud is good ... loud is cool ... loud is YEAAAAAAH BABY

I'm now 80 years old and quiet is yeaaaaah baby

They were called  (in USA anyway) Glass Pack Mufflers to make your car sound loud/powerfull and "cool".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasspack

27 minutes ago, yosib157 said:

What happened about the Government plans maybe 16 years ago to remove all these old 2-stroke bikes off the road?

2 strokes are not necessarily louder than a four stroke..its again down to the exhaust mufflers.

2 strokes are  normally a lot more powerful  in comparison to the same CC's engine displacement

of a four stroke and are normally lighter too, so are  favored for racing.

Great and keep it up all over the country. I did see a police check point the other day at the railway and Soi Nernplubwan, Pattaya. Police were catching underage kids and confiscating the bikes. Problem is as soon as the police set up a check point at night, the word gets out and the Soi is nice and quiet (for half an hour). This is very noticeable on Soi Nernplubwan, as is probably the case in most places. 

• Like 2

I had a powerful Mopar 440 Sixpack Dodge and one night I was showing off and did a smokey burnout, about 150 feet worth. I was caught by police down the street and put in jail for 5 days my car was also impounded. It was all the money I could scrape together to get out of jail and get my car back.  Within a week I sold the car and bought something normal and my driving became normal too. I learned a lesson from that but the next year there was a new batch of kids doing smokey burnouts. If the police here would stay on top of it and fine the kids say 5,000B or take the motorbike I am sure in no time there would be very little of the kids racing around. I know it is just kids and kids will be kids but my concern is safety for them and anyone else that may be around. 

As with the post by Phil I too notice the streets get quiet while there is a road check in the neighborhood. 

Edited by wrassell

take a trip to pattaya soi 1 and beach rd,as these little retards speed the wrong way down a one way,absolutley disgusting..these mutts many on them scooter taxis..need their bikes confiscated and community service with a dose of shame...p/u garbage on the beach with a photo opp....enough is enough

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Crush the Bikes...all of them, and keep crushing them until they learn that this will happen to every Bike seized.

Truth is nobody with any power has any balls for a PROPER CRACKDOWN, one that would bring the problem to an end !

I don't think it has anything to do with power or balls, more likely to have something to do with money in some way.