One killed in Paris knife attack by man shouting 'Allah Akbar'

rooster59

30 minutes ago, fanjita said:

Cool.  I'll placate them from now on, according to you.  Maybe a cup of tea and a sit down is in order.  That's fine, but is that before they shoot me, stab me, blow me up and run me over or afterwards?

Like I said, oblivious.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

How much more of a "bigger problem" do you want? Isn't the body count high enough for you yet?

It's more than enough for me.  Bodies all over the place now and in such a short space of time.  

7 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I thought you wanted to intern potential terrorist suspects.

But not the entire population of France.  Please be reasonable and stay within the boundaries of the discussion.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

No, they are not.

The entire population of France are not terrorist suspects, only about 10,000 are.

Of course 10,000 can be shipped off to a secure location.

StreetCowboy did not state that he entire population of France are terrorist suspects. He stated, and correctly, that everybody is a POTENTIAL SUSPECT.
Reading comprehension grade: F.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

For the Islamic terrorists, certainly .

How much more medieval can you get than beheading people for being non-Muslim, or slaughtering teenagers with bombs and bullets for daring to attend pop music concents?

And what about all those nice guys shooting random people in US ? Would you call them Muslims, or just mentally ill ?

I am not denying the existence of Islamic terrorism, no.. But on putting the accent on Islam, we are just fuelling nonsensical religious hate..

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bill Miller said:

StreetCowboy did not state that he entire population of France are terrorist suspects. He stated, and correctly, that everybody is a POTENTIAL SUSPECT.
Reading comprehension grade: F.

And he stated wrongly.

When you disclose your qualifications I will take the time to destroy them.

Nowhere in the world is everybody a potential suspect

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

You'll be saying next that "more people are killed by lightning" than by murderous Islamic terrorism. It doesn't wash.

I'm leaving on this note, Rick.  These guys will only realise once they, or their family members, are murdered by an Islamist loon.  Chok dee.

Edited by fanjita
  • Like 1

You might be happy to play the part terrorists have planned for you, I am not.

Is this guy for real ? Or does he really have the correct username ?

I do not think that their is anyone on this planet that would be happy to play any part of what terrorists have planned.

No-one wants to end up dead.

10 minutes ago, fanjita said:

But not the entire population of France.  Please be reasonable and stay within the boundaries of the discussion.  

So what are you talking about? Interning ten thousand possible terrorists, and ten thousand possible football hooligans? How many possible perpetrators of crimes of passion, tax dodgers, dissidents, homosexuals?

There is a reason why we only imprison the guilty, and only after conviction, and that is as important to you and me as to Abdul Innocent bin Notproven

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It comes from considering facts of where the real threat to life and limb comes from.

Poor thinking.  It should come from considering the facts of where the intent of the threat to life and limb comes from.

Lightning and car crashes are always going to be there, not much we can do.

Islamic terrorism is quite different -- it is driven by human intent. It could get much worse, and probably will, if the appeasers get their way.

At any rate, it is qualitatively different. It is a problem we could do something about, if the will exists.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

I do not think that their is anyone on this planet that would be happy to play any part of what terrorists have planned.

Terrorists don’t want you dead, they want you intolerant

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Renegade said:

You need to get Ducati yourself on the means and objectives of terrorism.

Part of their objective is to sow fear in populations/societies.

Part of their objective is to create division in society (an us and them division).

When you spend your time spreading fear, hate, talking about bodies all over the place you are playing the part the terrorists have planned for you.

Go educate yourself on how you are playing that part. It’s their choice for you.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, tubby johnson said:

..... A very simple question from a simple-minded imbecile.

With a simple answer: Quit trolling. Move on, your behavior is despicable and pathetic.

I take it you don’t have a simple answer for a simple question, that’s understandable the question was to sukhumvitneon.

• Confused 2

Just now, StreetCowboy said:

They are to make them intolerant, to stir up hatred, to destroy the tolerance and peace of Western democracy; and it would seem that they are winning, and we are losing, judging from this thread.

Unfortunately you’re trying to explain this to the already intolerant.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Agreed.

It's hard to fathom the naivety of people who believe that if we were just "nice" to the terrorists, they would stop their murderous carnage.

You’ll need to point me to the posts saying we should be “nice” to terrorists.

Does it exist or did you just make it up?

8 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Poor thinking.  It should come from considering the facts of where the intent of the threat to life and limb comes from.

Lightning and car crashes are always going to be there, not much we can do.

Islamic terrorism is quite different -- it is driven by human intent. It could get much worse, and probably will, if the appeasers get their way.

At any rate, it is qualitatively different. It is a problem we could do something about, if the will exists.

There’s nothing we can do about drink driving, but we can certainly drive up the level of intolerance and hatred.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ll need to point me to the posts saying we should be “nice” to terrorists.

Does it exist or did you just make it up?

Sorry.  I should have said we must be "tolerant"  and not stir up hatred against them just because they blow up children at pop concerts.

• Like 1

Quick and commendable action by the French security forces ! But of course, sadly, at least one innocent life was lost. I think that sadly the threats posed by Islamic extremism will continue for at least several more decades. I hope my guess is wrong.

• Like 1