One killed in Paris knife attack by man shouting 'Allah Akbar'

rooster59

25 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Very good post.

Unfortunately, in the case of France (Paris ) the myopic authorities have been too slow to acknowledge that.

How to deal now, with a Muslim country inside the country itself ?

Note that i'm not blaming the population of either side , i am blaming the authorities for letting things go too far.

on the one hand, new immigrants - 1st generation- feel more secure to gather with people of the same country if not village of origin and get helped, keep the links with their homeland (phone , internet, TV, etc..) and tend to make less efforts to learn about their new country  of residence, not even the language ( you can find your way with a GPS) ; and on the other the " locals" now understand they better undertake an avoidance strategy if they do not want to feel "besieged" in their own country: what kind of neighborhood? who do you want your kids to be friends with and influenced by? etc..

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

To repeat again, public opinion in France is getting fed up and is calling for Macron to wake up and start to detain those on the "fiches S" (watch lists). Ok the fellow had no criminal record under what the current french Code Pénal requires, but the law needs to be reformed by l'Assemblée Nationale (the French Parliament) and criminalize those on the Fiches S, thus enabling them to be plainly arrested. But Macron is more business oriented and his priorities are elsewhere obviously.

Nonsense, Macron is very active with taking on the Islamist threat. 'Fiche S' has about 20,000 people on the list, from football hooligans up in level of threat - deport French football hooligans or those just under suspicion - try getting such a law enacted, not.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

on the one hand, new immigrants - 1st generation- feel more secure to gather with people of the same country if not village of origin and get helped, keep the links with their homeland (phone , internet, etc..) and tend to make less efforts to learn about their new country  of residence, not even the language ( you can find your way with a GPS) ; and on the other the " locals" now understand they better undertake an avoidance strategy if they do not want to feel "besieged" in their own country: what kind of neighborhood? who do you want your kids to be friends with and influenced by? etc..

Well, things have happened so quickly in the last 2/3 decades, still, one has the right to question the work of the politicians, who have the resources to plan a better social-engineering.

Like i said, it's unfair imho to blame everything on the Muslim populace, and in the same time i can appreciate the discomfort of the locals.

It needs some seriously cool head to get out of this mess, and violence can never be the answer in a civil society.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FreddieRoyle said:

Can you please stop trying to muddy the waters here. <snip>

Muddy the waters - that's rich coming from you with your constant stream of misinformation.

Understand context, easy if you engage your brain. News reports reference 'Fiche S' with some posters then going on to state deport all on the 'Fiche S' list.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

There can be no such thing as an agnostic Muslim. A Muslim has to believe with absolute certainty that Allah exists, and the punishment for leaving Islam is death. This is according to Sharia, which is based primarily on Quran and Sunnah.

Such a peaceful religion.

What I've always found strange is that a person can believe in God still be an infidel.  Then again the Muslims who believe in Mohamed and not his uncle hate each other and kill each each other based on the difference.

To me that makes it as silly in believing in a man called Jesus or a man called Mohammed or his uncle. 

Where does god enter the equation..... All man made lunatic constructs in my opinion based on primitive experiences and beliefs slowly modernised to suit some medieval persons agenda. 

Edited by tryasimight
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Millions of Muslims living peaceful, law abiding lives in the west expose you’re ‘oil and water’ statement as the nonsense it is.

Yes they do indeed , as long as they keep their faith private, and do not show it off.

In some non muslim countries we do not have blasphemy laws for instance, and do protect freedom of speech, free press, so do not bring political islam to challenge our tolerance - our democratic laws prevail. 

Edited by Opl