Deportation illigal work

Hello everyone!

Anybody can tell me penalties if i was caught for illegal work, just helped my wife at home ( i hadtourist visa). Paid all fines , accepted everything , and was deported to the home...2 year at home already. In IDC officer said that its 5 years blacklist but i do not see any stamps in my pasport about it . Righ now my thai wife living in Thailand , stay alone with our house which we build together, waiting me...

Red stamp with act 12 (3), link below

https://ibb.co/c1eG5d

Edited by vasilii
  • Like 1

You were fined 2,000 baht for illegally working under section 12.3 of the immigration act.

I doubt you were blacklisted. You would normally get a stamp in your passport and or a letter confirming a ban. There’s nothing stating that on the stamp you’re showing. You could get your wife, or someone in Thailand, to check with immigration whether or not you’re blacklisted.

Unlikely, but even if you aren’t blacklisted you could be denied entry in the future under section  12.11. That decision would be down to the border IO’s.

Thanks for answer , its my big dilemma now. Gonna try to go back in September, anyway did new pasport and new name, 2nd name even to be more safety . Gonna do everything legal now.

PS: my officer recommended to change my pasport and come back after 1 year also. My deportation was easy without any fights with officers as it was my fault we just had not time to finish documentts..

• Like 1

Yes i was in Thailand 4,5 year tourists visas only. It was classic story why immegration come to us , to our little succesfull restaurant in small city...  Just envious neighbors...

Of course i will check with thaiblacklist.com status of my new pasport to be sure thats everything OK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vasilii said:

Thanks for answer , its my big dilemma now. Gonna try to go back in September, anyway did new pasport and new name, 2nd name even to be more safety . Gonna do everything legal now.

PS: my officer recommended to change my pasport and come back after 1 year also. My deportation was easy without any fights with officers as it was my fault we just had not time to finish documentts..

4 hours ago, vasilii said:

Yes i was in Thailand 4,5 year tourists visas only. It was classic story why immegration come to us , to our little succesfull restaurant in small city...  Just envious neighbors...

Of course i will check with thaiblacklist.com status of my new pasport to be sure thats everything OK.

That would be a smart move if you're going back to a smaller place. And if the wife opens another restaurant, you'd better stay at home, unless you have a work permit.

" Anybody can tell me penalties if i was caught for illegal work, just helped my wife at home ( i hadtourist visa)."

Helping in her restaurant kitchen is a lot different to watering the lawn.

That being said: All the best for your new future together.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vasilii said:

Envious, jealous people is often the reason Vasilii ! They are rather sad and think they should be somehow having your success if you weren't here!

Get a new passport. Get a visa, and then go for an extension based on marriage and WP.

Good luck, hope all work out well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vasilii said:

Thanks for answer , its my big dilemma now. Gonna try to go back in September, anyway did new pasport and new name, 2nd name even to be more safety .

You should understand that IF you have been blacklisted (unlikely) you would be in the country illegally even if you enter with a new passport/name. A person is banned not a name/passport.

7 hours ago, vasilii said:

Yes i was in Thailand 4,5 year tourists visas only.

If you are legally married you should get a non-immigrant ‘O’ visa. That way you can apply for a work permit (no need for a non ‘B’) if your employment qualifies. Avoid entering as a tourist if you can.

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Envious, jealous people is often the reason Vasilii ! They are rather sad and think they should be somehow having your success if you weren't here!

Get a new passport. Get a visa, and then go for an extension based on marriage and WP.

Good luck, hope all work out well.

He still would not be allowed to work in a restaurant?Serving and cleaning?

39 minutes ago, ajnamoon said:

So how and where  do you apply for a work permit   to work for your wife  when you have a visa based on marriage , whats the costs and what documents required  ????

If your wife has a small restaurant you are not allowed to work there

as far as i know.Cooking and cleaning is not a job a foreigner is allowed to do.

26 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

He most likely means a Non O based on marriage. If its a year extension then he is indeed able to get a WP with that visa.

No, I meant Non B with marriage extension, because that's what I (and also a close friend of mine) have.

1 minute ago, OmegaRacer said:

No, I meant Non B with marriage extension, because that's what I (and also a close friend of mine) have.

So you got a single entry non B visa and then got a year extension based on marriage?

I got the Non B with work extension and work permit when I was still working for a school. Then stopped and Immigration just changed the reason for the visa to 'marriage'. 
I know it's not usual, but that's what happened and I have it now 3 or 4 years. Not usual but possible.

2 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

I got the Non B with work extension and work permit when I was still working for a school. Then stopped and Immigration just changed the reason for the visa to 'marriage'. 
I know it's not usual, but that's what happened and I have it now 3 or 4 years. Not usual but possible.

I think you simply got a new extension based on marriage after your extension based on work became invalid when quitting your job.

6 minutes ago, DeeMak9 said:

So you got a single entry non B visa and then got a year extension based on marriage?

1 minute ago, OmegaRacer said:

Yes, I believe that's what I said all along. But on a NON B visa and not a NON O.

All that is needed is non-immigrant visa.  The reasons to extend are interchangeable as long as you meet the minimum criteria. Which category non-immigrant that he stated with wasn't important.  

@Vasilii, what is the country of your passport?  If you were married to a Thai, any reason why you never had a non-o? 

Opal told me of a Belgian national and his Thai wife who returned back to Thailand for her to operate a small resort.

This is according to a Thai equivalent of Thai Visa for Thai nationals overseas.

The Thai wife alledgedy reported they sold their assets in Belgium to finance the purchase.

This same wife was proprietor and sole operator of the business.

A photograph, according to the wife of the husband, shows him in a state of conversation with a guest was provided to the authorities by an influential and envious party resulted in an un-arbitrary position.

End result, IDC, Deportation and a 5 year blacklist, according to the wife.

She is now in despair, and trying to sell the business so she can try and get back to Belgium to be with her husband.

Of course I cannot provide link nor cannot I confirm veracity of truth.

On the balance of probabilities, I find sympathy and empathy for the Belgian national and his Thai wife that they have been screwed.

2 hours ago, OmegaRacer said:

Then stopped and Immigration just changed the reason for the visa to 'marriage'. 

I think this is the classic confusion we see again an again about visa and extension fo stay,

Your extension of staying was changed to marriage. It used to be business with work permit.

I think a good test is to ask yourself if you can you enter Thailand without a reentry permit? If not, you don't have any visa. You just have an extension to stay in Thailand. If you can enter, it means you multiple entry visa that us still valid or it has not expired yet.

1 minute ago, moe666 said:

Someone I knew here in Chiang Mai had a small restaruant and she went to labor department and told them give my husband a work permit I need his help and they gave it to him

Good. I think if somebody is married he should have wok permit. Deporting married people on the flimsy excuse of illegally working in their own establishment is very uncivilized.

• Like 1