Re-entering social security programme under new employer

leddie

A bit of complex one here, so help appreciated.

1.  Previously employed and paid into social security for several years

2.  At end of employment and "retirement" took over payments personally through bank deductions  in order to keep local SS health insurance

3.  New employment under different employer who wants to start making deductions for this.

Questions.

1.  Is it best to give old social security number to the new company and resume payments through them (after cancelling personal auto bank deductions ), or is a new social security number generated.

2.  Is it possible to just continue with the self-payments and ask new employer not to make the deductions or are they mandatory?

3.  Will all this result in a similar situation whereby the payments could be resumed in the future after "retiring"

4.  Upon this next retirement, what is the exact procedure.  Have heard that it is possible to recoup all payments made as well as continuing health insurance again

Thank you for any advice.

Edited by leddie

1. Use the same number - it is to your benefit to accrue more payments under the same number.

2. Not if the employer correctly registers you. If you have a work permit then the employer must show proof of your social fund payments to obtain and renew the permit. The same thing for a 1 year extension of stay.

3. Yes.

4. I can't answer this as I'm not retired. I'm sure another member will be along soon to help out.

3 hours ago, blackcab said:

1. Use the same number - it is to your benefit to accrue more payments under the same number.

2. Not if the employer correctly registers you. If you have a work permit then the employer must show proof of your social fund payments to obtain and renew the permit. The same thing for a 1 year extension of stay.

3. Yes.

4. I can't answer this as I'm not retired. I'm sure another member will be along soon to help out.

Thank you, that is very helpful!