Coup-makers ‘should be prosecuted’ after general election: Watana

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Not even close. Why do you think there are no checks and balances?, how come Thailand's reserves are depleted? The amount of money wasted by this lot will make the rice scheme look like child's play.

Do not shoot the Messenger, because in this case he is 100% right in everything he claims. Abd he does not seem to he scared of those bullies. He has my respect.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

We'll never really know. How much the Shins and cronies pilfered over three governments, plus in having unfair monopolies versus how much those who kicked them out pocketed. But there's only one loser every time.

If the Shins had got their hands on that 2.2 trillion baht loan they might've been the champions!

He isn't wrong but there is some irony in a member of a corrupt regime deliver that message.

The whole lot should be prosecuted. But it won't happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

555 the Thai military only is powerful inside the country, when they need to fight against a foreign enemy they usually loose, even against dirt poor Lao PDR.

They should not interfere in politics, that is not their job, and they suck royally at it...

When was the last time Thailand fought a declared war?

The politicians here suck at it too, because they aren't really in it for the politics. Sucking the trough - they're great at that!

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

We'll never really know. How much the Shins and cronies pilfered over three governments, plus in having unfair monopolies versus how much those who kicked them out pocketed. But there's only one loser every time.

If the Shins had got their hands on that 2.2 trillion baht loan they might've been the champions!

He isn't wrong but there is some irony in a member of a corrupt regime deliver that message.

For someone who start with “ we never really know”, you do have a lot to say BB. :smile:

• Haha 1

Actually at least people on one side of the fence have been or are being prosecuted, and often with remarkable speed (such as Yingluck's negligence case). You are right, this lot will never be prosecuted. And any attempt to change their amnesty clause will lead to another coup.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

You certainly can't vote out a Junta. They don't usually allow it. 

Corrupt governments are also difficult to actually vote out and try and hang-on to power by declare losing elections void, illegal, or setting up their own parallel government. Plenty examples around the world at the moment of this. Would have been interesting to see how regimes here would react to be voted out - law suits, declaring the election fixed, unfair, refusing to go etc etc perhaps?

It seems we're regressing back to Medieval mentality with the old feudal elite now replaced by the politically powerful and reach who love democracy as long as it's the result they want! 

I am at a lost. How does government declared election null and void or illegal. My recollection was that aligned EC and the courts did what they feel was political expendiency to throw a spanner into the popularly elected government and the scene for the coup twice. 

But I agree that Thailand is slipping back to medieval feudalism where freedom of expression are curtailed and people choice of their government quashed by a combination of the establishment and the military.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am at a lost. How does government declared election null and void or illegal. My recollection was that aligned EC and the courts did what they feel was political expendiency to throw a spanner into the popularly elected government and the scene for the coup twice. 

But I agree that Thailand is slipping back to medieval feudalism where freedom of expression are curtailed and people choice of their government quashed by a combination of the establishment and the military.

I agree too, with both your  comments. In the first comment , we see the IOU system at work, the latest iteration of which is at Doi Suthep. Though I'll bet the Ec didn't really expect to be thrown out... trust issues maybe?

On the second point, it seems to be a part of the current world-wide resurgence of right-wing sentiments. Worrying I acknowledge, but it's all cyclical and it will come full circle when the fascisti will understand they're out of favour but are not well enough equipped to understand why they're out of favour.

It's all predictable, it's all happened before and will do again. Sadly.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

Again he still needs to secure a mandate. That is, if he even allowed to stand for elections, if they are quick his case could lead to a ban for politics or worse.

Again the message is crystal clear and spot on. Wished more people are this clear.

The message is fine, the messenger is not to be trusted or counted on.

He is only concerned for his self.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, markaoffy said:

Of course Prayut etc should be prosecuted,but They thought of that with a law that protects them
For life

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

They also applied some new laws retrospectively where and when it seemed suitable or convenient. Perhaps not thinking that what is sauce for the goose, may become sauce for the gander.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1

On 14-5-2018 at 7:44 PM, Eligius said:

This is the first time I have heard a Thai politician stand up and say that the coup makers should be prosecuted - for high treason, in my opinion, as the coupsters committed the ultimate crime - the thieving of a whole nation's sovereignty and the smashing of ALL the people's fundamental civil and human rights.

Let's hear more such fighting, courageous talk, from major Thai figures up and down the land - backed up by the bulk of the Thai populace.

If enough people turn on this filthy, rotten junta - it will collapse in upon itself. Even a junta cannot withstand the wrath of an entire nation.

Thais - where are you?? WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON??

Afraid that following the same kind of 'logic' as Mr Watana, it would become legitimate to hire a moonlighting mossad team to 'terminate' Thaksin wherever he might be... There also seems to be other stinky pla ra stuff hanging around Mr Watana's neck, maybe leading to his desperate croaking: imagine the Courts' last ruling might come out and the Shins have not bought themselves into power again, lil' stooge Watana might well study the graffiti on prison walls, and bye-bye fancy houses and luxury cars... Makes even the back of a wintered politician shiver, that kind of stuff, brrr!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The message is fine, the messenger is not to be trusted or counted on.

He is only concerned for his self.

Ain't they all though? Don't matter which party or army.they are all in it for one thing and one thing only.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2018 at 5:44 AM, Eligius said:

This is the first time I have heard a Thai politician stand up and say that the coup makers should be prosecuted - for high treason, in my opinion, as the coupsters committed the ultimate crime - the thieving of a whole nation's sovereignty and the smashing of ALL the people's fundamental civil and human rights.

Let's hear more such fighting, courageous talk, from major Thai figures up and down the land - backed up by the bulk of the Thai populace.

If enough people turn on this filthy, rotten junta - it will collapse in upon itself. Even a junta cannot withstand the wrath of an entire nation.

Thais - where are you?? WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON??

Get real !

• Like 1

Agree 100% Coup Makers should be prosecuted & to be clear prosecuted for Treason

It was clear they stood aside instead of doing their duty in service of the standing government.

They let the paid mobs run through & take over government building & deny the citizens they pretended to serve a vote

They stood down when needed most shirking their duty to the government & country they represent.

They did all this for the plain & simple reason that they could then claim the need to seize power themselves.

If this is allowed to stand after the hostage country of Thailand is freed then Thailand will truly have the government they deserve

because it will in all likelihood be these same coup makers running the country

Edited by meechai
  • Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:10 PM, snoop1130 said:

Watana Muangsook, a key Pheu Thai Party politician, on Monday called for the prosecution of coup-makers after the next election.

He said the military coup in May 2014 had caused “severe damage to the country and wasted a lot of state budget while causing the most suffering to the people”. 

Watana blamed what he called “inefficient management by retired military officers who want to have power but lack intelligence”.

The outspoken politician said in his latest Facebook message attacking the ruling junta that an “important mission” after the next election was to restore democracy and reform the armed forces.

“The goal is to prevent anyone from using the armed forces to destroy democracy again. More importantly, coup-makers must be punished for causing damage to the country,” he said. 

Just superb!

More tea vicar!

Impressive indeed!