Any recommendations to buy a knockdown house ?

noopin2014

At the Architect Expo earlier this month in Bangkok this prefab home builder caught my eye. I could understand the integrity of the roof and it is not the shape of a shipping container. The OP could also look at the web site, and then go see in person completed conversions, done by Container Kings Thailand. I have seen photos of these  Container Kings Thailand shipping containers converted into homes in various villages in Buriram Province. 

Buriram Prefab portable low cost House.JPG

• 10 months later...
On 5/16/2018 at 10:14 AM, Kwasaki said:

Container houses are good you can move around as much as you want keeping everything intact. :thumbsup:

knockdown house are always easier to move than super big containers.

Also, knockdown houses are cheaper than a fully fitted container.

They are not the best choice for sure.

On 5/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, kamalabob2 said:

At the Architect Expo earlier this month in Bangkok this prefab home builder caught my eye. I could understand the integrity of the roof and it is not the shape of a shipping container. The OP could also look at the web site, and then go see in person completed conversions, done by Container Kings Thailand. I have seen photos of these  Container Kings Thailand shipping containers converted into homes in various villages in Buriram Province. 

Even a simple container is overpriced there, let alone anything more design...

1 hour ago, myshem said:

knockdown house are always easier to move than super big containers.

Also, knockdown houses are cheaper than a fully fitted container.

They are not the best choice for sure.

Nah think about you have bought container and made it home, hire crane and hire lorry from from crane company telling them where you are going, nothing simpler than that and you don't have remove the furniture.

36 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Nah think about you have bought container and made it home, hire crane and hire lorry from from crane company telling them where you are going, nothing simpler than that and you don't have remove the furniture.

Are you sure that the conversion will not compromise the container structure enough so that it can no longer be moved that way?

1 hour ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Are you sure that the conversion will not compromise the container structure enough so that it can no longer be moved that way?

I would be confident the correct design would not prevent cranage onto a container carrying vehicle.

" Shipping container house is designed to move and shipping containers were designed to move anywhere in the world; there are cranes and ships and trucks designed to move them. ... It seals up tight like a shipping container should so that you cannot even tell there is a house inside."

A ideal home if you live in a hurricane prone area. 

On 5/16/2018 at 12:33 PM, kamalabob2 said:

Hilarious.  The prices they are quoting per square meter are about double what it costs to build a regular home:

http://www.containerkingsthailand.com/prices/

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I would be confident the correct design would not prevent cranage onto a container carrying vehicle.

" Shipping container house is designed to move and shipping containers were designed to move anywhere in the world; there are cranes and ships and trucks designed to move them. ... It seals up tight like a shipping container should so that you cannot even tell there is a house inside."

A ideal home if you live in a hurricane prone area. 

You certainly can design a conversion that way, it will be less convenient and more expensive, but most people don't, they do a oneway conversion

There are a multitude of small knockdowns from Ban Pae to Phrae up North. If fact Phrae is known for knockdowns.

Most are wooden houses transported by truck to your land. Prices can start at 250,000 for a small 25m2 -  1,000,000 for a 45m2.

It depends on the type you want, bathroom or not as some exclude bathrooms, balcony size etc .

When purchasing, always look around your area so the transport distance is minimal and possibly free. Once you start paying transport for long distance it becomes too expensive.

image.png.17e3cebfb847131f1a9f61954db4d623.png

3 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You certainly can design a conversion that way, it will be less convenient and more expensive, but most people don't, they do a one-way conversion

I think I understand what you mean there, there to stay and have no future plans to move.

OP asking about knock down house so I assumed he wants to be able to move around.

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

There are a multitude of small knockdowns from Ban Pae to Phrae up North. If fact Phrae is known for knockdowns.

Most are wooden houses transported by truck to your land. Prices can start at 250,000 for a small 25m2 -  1,000,000 for a 45m2.

It depends on the type you want, bathroom or not as some exclude bathrooms, balcony size etc .

When purchasing, always look around your area so the transport distance is minimal and possibly free. Once you start paying transport for long distance it becomes too expensive.

Some are advertised as starting at 150,000.

27 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Some are advertised as starting at 150,000.

yes, but 150,000 is a small basic room ... you couldn't even live in those, they are more for offices on sites etc ...

I bought one some 4 years back ... 1 bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, balcony, 340,000.

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes, but 150,000 is a small basic room ... you couldn't even live in those, they are more for offices on sites etc ...

I bought one some 4 years back ... 1 bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, balcony, 340,000.

The ones I've seen small but that small for 1 or 2 people.

Some styles cost more for sure but start at 150,000.

53267064_2303272523050389_3474893258478321664_n.jpg.b660ff3af2a21c2663726682be9b3f15.jpg

image.png.17e3cebfb847131f1a9f61954db4d623.png&key=de1ff2836a2905398094066245c831af9e8660e990cbcda7f73258948219deb4

There are also a number of these on Rte 33 (Suwannasorn) between Nakhon Nayok and Prachantakham.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Also try  .... 

www.siwalai.com

www.homeloverthai.com

www.boonsongthai.com

www.pnkmarketing.com

http://<URL Automatically Removed>/construction-in-thailand/7782-teak-houses-2.html

http://www.homeloverthai.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=595&Itemid=104

http://www.pnkmarketing.com/tag.php?id=1638

http://www.siwalai.com/

Also ... try www.lannathai.com  or just google Lanna Thai company.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Model Lanna Jai
(showhouse in Den Chai, Phrae)
40 m2 (430 ft2) - single floor
Price THB 1,510,000

ModelLannaXL_L.jpg

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

That looks quite smart .... 

Yeah for the price OK what the costs are from this to get it where you want dunno yet.

Frankly I could put it together myself if need be. ???? 

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Yeah for the price OK what the costs are from this to get it where you want dunno yet.

Frankly I could put it together myself if need be. ???? 

correct ..... and that's why anyone considering buying one should obviously buy near their intended location. They just have to find the local guys that build these as there are dozens of them scattered throughout Thailand.

Archived