Four years after coup, Thais tire of corruption and democratic delays

webfact

These boys have got their noses firmly jammed in the trough and it's going to take a hell of a yank to get them out........ The worst fact is that there's nobody at the top to stop them when they eventually turn on the people as we all know that's going to happen, sooner or later........ Personally i'd be giving Don Trump a call for a bit of outside intervention, because i doubt if it will be strong enough from within the country.........This boy was staying when he put the pink suit on.........

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

You reckon!

I remember the last time they tried that in 92....... didn't work out too well for the people, but thankfully the late great King stepped in and made the dipstick that gave the orders crawl on his hands and knees for forgiveness....... unfortunately i don't see this happening in the future.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greeneking said:

Prem or another one?  Got a Coronation to sort out too.  Examples of unrest will be further excuses.  And not yet finished Parliament building.  And waiting for 'lucky' day confirmation from the temple.

I reckon it'll be someone abroad if you get my drift..........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Outside intervention......... there's no other way now......

That will not happen.

Thailand,Myanmar.Laos and Cambodia are not important enough to do so.

Their extraordinarily woeful history of chronic despotism will continue unabated.

There are two major players..China and India and  three secondary ones-Singapore,Malaysia.Vietnam and perhaps Indonesia eventually-making four.

Thailand has not really made the cut since the mid-seventies.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ICECOOL said:

Thai's and many expats like a little bit of corruption and think it's OK. Problem is you cannot just have a little bit. 

....like being ALMOST a virgin!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

That will not happen.

Thailand,Myanmar.Laos and Cambodia are not important enough to do so.

Their extraordinarily woeful history of chronic despotism will continue unabated.

There are two major players..China and India and  three secondary ones-Singapore,Malaysia.Vietnam and perhaps Indonesia eventually-making four.

Thailand has not really made the cut since the mid-seventies.

I was rather hoping that the US might just get tired of this little man, afterall the US has had a lot to do with Thailand since WW2 and after Vietnam i don't think they like too much Chinese (Communist) intervention .........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

How about making sure that all the money they made gets confiscated, and a jail term. I understand the inactive posts during an investigation (in other countries they are send home during an investigation). 

That goes without saying. All ill gotten gains and property bought therewith must be seized. 

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

That goes without saying. All ill gotten gains and property bought therewith must be seized. 

I know.. but have you ever read about criminal procedures against corrupt officials (only time i seen it was with the perpetrators of the rice scam... it should be applied for everyone. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robblok said:

I know.. but have you ever read about criminal procedures against corrupt officials (only time i seen it was with the perpetrators of the rice scam... it should be applied for everyone. 

No. I believe some of the officials caught out in the "stealing from the poor scam" were dismissed and their pensions revoked. But they were not imprisoned. I am not sure about asset seizures either.

This Prime Minister is not the people's choice. He is arrogant and forceful. He rejects what the people want in the name of democracy yet, refuses to allow a new and legal election. First: He needs to step down.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, baboon said:

Forget it. Short of Pol Pot the outside world will do precisely nothing, save for a few tuts and yellow flags extendable indefinitely. The Thais are on their own.

Agreed.

One has to remember that the the US actually thought that Pol Pot was the antz pantz and it was the Vietnamese who (quite correctly) did not agree.

Once the last colonial war was lost the region became a strategic cul-de-sac for the West as it is (apart from Vietnam) not on the Pacific Rim

Edited by Odysseus123

45 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Yep, i just hope that a certain Mr T is having regular holidays in Deutschland chatting with an individual who is AWOL........ Enough said there.....

There are enough internal fractions to start one without him. Those big cases like the Victory Secret and the Don Muang New Market are manifestation of the in-fighting and jealousy among the military and police. If something will happen, not many will be on the side of the incumbents. Wouldn’t be pleasant for these corrupt military men.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

There are enough internal fractions to start one without him. Those big cases like the Victory Secret and the Don Muang New Market are manifestation of the in-fighting and jealousy among the military and police. If something will happen, not many will be on the side of the incumbents. Wouldn’t be pleasant for these corrupt military men.

Interesting New Mandala article on Victoria's Secret. 

• Like 2

On May 17, 2561 BE at 9:50 AM, Baerboxer said:

Indeed. Always been there, and like all cancers grows and grows until it kills its host.

But this coup was partly justified on removing a very corrupt regime and then cleaning up corruption,

As we have seen, unfortunately they seem to be more a part of the problem than the solution!

And, yes, here greed, selfishness and face conquers all. 

Which anyone with even paper thin knowledge of Thailand knew at the time of the coup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

There will be dancing in the streets when the Junta with their BS Big P and small p are put into exile having their self imposed powerful dictatorship stripped and crushed from them. .

I regret to say that the crushing will need to be done a little higher up the tree than Mr Piggy and his friend if future ppower-grabs are to be prevented. To decide where the crusher is needed requires some clarity of thought vis-a-vis where the actual impetus for the coups has actually been coming from (hint: it hasn't been the army or any former member of the army).

Edited by KiwiKiwi