"Pretty Caddies" - they are not there for the 19th hole, says Thai Media

webfact

20 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Played there a few times myself - very 'refreshing' to look at they are too. 

All over Thailand they have lovely caddies on all golf courses.  It didnt matter how bad a shot I played, they always had a lovely smile as they took my club and cleaned it and put it back in the bag. One of the great benefits of playing golf in Thailand. You get a lovely looking caddy for about $20 and no matter how you play, the day has been very enjoyable.  No funny business - ever - not once in nearly 4 years at many courses.  With the wife also playing most days it is not on anyway.  But even when alone it was always very clear - look and enjoy - but no touch.  Some were prety useless as caddies, but they were all lovely :biggrin:.

Everyone has a price . True story from 5 years ago ,  4 UK guys on holiday here in Thailand having 18 holes of golf and one guy had a side bet that he could " make out " with his caddy after the golf in the evening . He propositioned her with increasing sums of money which were declined until the final offer of 5000 baht which was accepted . Bet won and 2000 baht a corner , so a freebie and 1000 baht to the good .

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, superal said:

Everyone has a price . True story from 5 years ago ,  4 UK guys on holiday here in Thailand having 18 holes of golf and one guy had a side bet that he could " make out " with his caddy after the golf in the evening . He propositioned her with increasing sums of money which were declined until the final offer of 5000 baht which was accepted . Bet won and 2000 baht a corner , so a freebie and 1000 baht to the good .

Smart guy. The other 3 a bit slow.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A stroke (pun intended) of genius... 

That's the next 200 games of golf sorted then... ⛳️?️‍♂️

He's probably the one calling in the complaints and he just happens to keep his clubs near.

On 5/17/2018 at 2:18 PM, bangrak said:

'Golf, the best way to ruin a perfect coutryside walk', LOL

I'd suggest the golf haters on this thread have either never played it, or, if they have, cannot play it well. 60 million people worldwide play golf regularly.

• Like 2

On 5/17/2018 at 8:50 AM, webfact said:

President of the Department of Skill Development said that suchThais brought skills to the golf course that foreigners couldn't match.

hilarious!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kannot said:

hilarious!!

I wonder how many people on this thread realise Tiger Woods is half-Thai, or that the Jutarnagarn sisters ( Ariya and Moriya ) are high up in professional women's golf rankings.

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I wonder how many people on this thread realise Tiger Woods is half-Thai, or that the Jutarnagarn sisters ( Ariya and Moriya ) are high up in professional women's golf rankings.

I wonder if that has any relevance to him/her being a  caddy, which from the op seems "only Thais" can have these "skills"

Edited by kannot

5 hours ago, kannot said:

I wonder if that has any relevance to him/her being a  caddy, which from the op seems "only Thais" can have these "skills"

Caddies do pick up skills from observing good players. I was a caddie myself many moons ago. While the caddie system is alive and well in Asian countries, it has virtually died out in Western countries with the advent of cart golf.

I can't see a falang caddying in Thailand unless they were totally skint. They would not be accepted in the caddie groups anyway, as they are stealing Thai employment.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 8:55 AM, Anak Nakal said:

I want learn golf! :smile:

Well now you know how to find a pretty who will help you manage your club and slice.   The very tall ones (if there are any) might be happy to assist if you like to tee of into the rough. 555

Well the article in question is a little misleading, as a regular playing the course in question (which I won’t mention here to give the pretty caddie any free press) the pretty caddies all youngsters would in the majority of cases not know one end of a golf club from the other.

There primary function is to sit in the cart, you never see them walking, smile and be attentive to the customer while holding the umbrella over the lucky golfer’s melon where necessary.

All the other stuff about club selection and putting hints is the job of the poor old sun drenched normal caddie slugging it out in the hot sun.

Pretty caddies get the big tip at the end of the round while typically the normal caddie that has slugged it out all day in the hot sun gets the scraps of the tip money.

Certain foreign golfing cultures just love the pretty caddie option and do pay the big bucks for them.

Guess it’s what ever floats your boat.

For me like other forum members suggested, funds better spent at a more enjoyable venue like around Sukhumvit Soi 21/ 23 area.

And I can confirm the 19 th hole is never in play with these pretty babes.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, berrec said:

Well the article in question is a little misleading, as a regular playing the course in question (which I won’t mention here to give the pretty caddie any free press) the pretty caddies all youngsters would in the majority of cases not know one end of a golf club from the other.

There primary function is to sit in the cart, you never see them walking, smile and be attentive to the customer while holding the umbrella over the lucky golfer’s melon where necessary.

All the other stuff about club selection and putting hints is the job of the poor old sun drenched normal caddie slugging it out in the hot sun.

Pretty caddies get the big tip at the end of the round while typically the normal caddie that has slugged it out all day in the hot sun gets the scraps of the tip money.

Certain foreign golfing cultures just love the pretty caddie option and do pay the big bucks for them.

Guess it’s what ever floats your boat.

For me like other forum members suggested, funds better spent at a more enjoyable venue like around Sukhumvit Soi 21/ 23 area.

And I can confirm the 19 th hole is never in play with these pretty babes.

Not my experience at all.

Even the pretty ones I have had know the course well and provide yardage on every shot.

And tell you if the green is slow or fast and will point out the spot/line for the break.

Maybe I am lucky but they always put out an effort not met a lazy one.

If you do get a lazy one tell the caddie master and reflect it in her tip.

There is no set rule you have to tip the minimum of 300 b.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who is a caddie in Pattaya. She's attractive, friendly, strong, and not young at near 40. Humping 18 holes (some do walk the course) for 300 baht is not all glamour. And nothing goes on out of bounds.

I have a friend who is a caddie in Pattaya. She's attractive, friendly, strong, and not young at near 40. Humping 18 holes (some do walk the course) for 300 baht is not all glamour. And nothing goes on out of bounds.

Its not 300 baht though, its caddy fee 300-400 plus tip 300+ so minimum 600 for walking around a golf course, easy work. Some are very good, some are crap, and everything inbetween

Not my experience at all.
Even the pretty ones I have had know the course well and provide yardage on every shot.
And tell you if the green is slow or fast and will point out the spot/line for the break.
Maybe I am lucky but they always put out an effort not met a lazy one.

If you do get a lazy one tell the caddie master and reflect it in her tip.
There is no set rule you have to tip the minimum of 300 b.

Your experiences are always different to everyone else. Fyi their yardages are nearly always out, i like to compare with my laser, of course you'll never know without a laser

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Your experiences are always different to everyone else. Fyi their yardages are nearly always out, i like to compare with my laser, of course you'll never know without a laser

FYI, I do not care.

I am out there to have fun, not make a science out of it.....

16 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Its not 300 baht though, its caddy fee 300-400 plus tip 300+ so minimum 600 for walking around a golf course, easy work. Some are very good, some are crap, and everything inbetween

As others pointed out, tip not mandatory. They usually get one round of 18 a day. Even if they get the 600b ($18?), hardly a king's ransom. 

19 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

As others pointed out, tip not mandatory. They usually get one round of 18 a day. Even if they get the 600b ($18?), hardly a king's ransom. 

I guess there are some real Cheap Charlies, but I have never heard of someone not leaving a tip.

I usually leave 400 b so she made about $20 that day.

That is for riding around in a cart (in most cases but you can walk) for 5 to 6 hours (my round took 4 hours) in fairly pleasant environment.

That $20 is about twice what many girls make working at the mall, a hotel, etc for mostly 8-10 hours.

My caddie the other day had worked there for 10 years.  The other for 8.  So, for that longevity there must be some appeal to the job.