Man dies using mortar shell as hammer

geovalin

One man died and another was injured on Tuesday after a 60mm mortar shell exploded in Banteay Meanchey province’s Preah Net Preah district.

Sin Rasy, military police chief of Preah Net Preah district, said yesterday that the two men lived next to each other and were using the old, rusty shell as a hammer to do work on a tractor.

“The dead man had the old mortar from somewhere and he kept at his home for a long time, but he was not aware that it could explode because it was so rusted,” he said. “He was using it to work on his tractor, and separate the body from the engine, and unfortunately it exploded.”

Mr Rasy identified the two victims as Chhoeun Samorn, 32, the owner of the tractor who died, and Vath Sameth, 47, who was injured while standing near the victim during the work on the tractor. Mr Rasy added that local authorities often disseminated information about the dangers of unexploded ordnance, instructing them not to touch them.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50490571/man-dies-using-mortar-shell-as-hammer/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 17/05
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Stupid and ignorant. All of the high-IQ Cambodians were murdered back in the seventies. That's why this country will always be the way it is.

Strange then that their average IQ is 91, exactly the same as Thailand who did not kill off their educated folk and higher than the average in Loas and Myanmar, could it be that in reality the killings have no effect on the average IQ?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Stupid and ignorant. All of the high-IQ Cambodians were murdered back in the seventies. That's why this country will always be the way it is.

Wow! Speaking of ignorance ...

As stupid goes, this is the most stupidest of the stupid, then add some. What I don't understand  is how anyone in Cambodia can be unaware that unused munitions might be dangerous. Like they're brought up in this atmosphere of danger. I suppose familiarity breeds contempt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2018 at 9:50 PM, Dap said:

Got 25, and you?

5 in Cambodia. You've been in Cambodia for 25 years ? 

Another small example to backup my point. Here you see parents riding their motorcycles wearing helmets but carrying their babies only wrapped in a blanket. That's not lack of education - its a lack of brains. 

12 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

5 in Cambodia. You've been in Cambodia for 25 years ? 

Another small example to backup my point. Here you see parents riding their motorcycles wearing helmets but carrying their babies only wrapped in a blanket. That's not lack of education - its a lack of brains. 

"All of the high-IQ Cambodians were murdered back in the seventies."

This is ignorance and you are a waste of my time. I'm done.