SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?

Scott

SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Apparently, 1.9 billion lemmings were sufficiently interested to tune in and watch it on TV....,.Troll!

1.9 billion watched and i encountered not one of them.

I must be doing something right.

• Haha 2

No. I await the divorce, which I will watch with interest. Seriously, does anybody really believe in this BS anymore. It was real for my parents, brought up in a different generation with different values. They watched the original coronation and lived by it. So do my siblings, mostly. Such is the power of parental influence and the Catholic religion. As for me, I escaped to Thailand - every family needs a black sheep, that is my function, I suppose, in this never ending pageant (I thought we'd seen the end of it with Diana).

1 hour ago, superal said:

Sounds like you watched the whole event which is strange for a non supporter of the wedding , furthermore if I had no interest I would not be wasting my time reading all of these posts .  It is more likely that you are a hater of the Royal family rather than an uninterested person . Also get your facts right as it was the biggest watched TV of the year etc so there was massive interest , your minority/majority statement means nothing and does not devalue or detract from the fact that the wedding was watched and enjoyed by multi millions around the world , 

I watched the whole event  because I know some black peoples attended? 

What you choose to do with your time is your choice and the same applies to me. Easy to understand really. 

It's you that's needs to get your facts straight before you go accusing. I'm a hater of no one. Quit tying to incite hatred where is doesn't exist. 

Edited by Kadilo

On 5/20/2018 at 4:41 AM, Kadilo said:

All this baloney about the changing Royal Family just because they had a black guy preaching a few celebs. No doubt they will be popping up on Children in Need soon telling everyone how they should part with their hard earned cash and the newlyweds will be jetting around Africa showing how much they care. 

£250,000 for a dress and countless millions wasted on self indulgence and not even a cheese sarni and a bottle of water on offer to the thousands of worshippers lining the streets. Even the Thais gave out food in BKK when the late king died. 

A real gesture of change would of been to have a low key small scale wedding and use the money for the good causes the bang on about. 

Total hypocrisy........and he even had to ask his mum what he could wear and if he could keep his beard. Outdated much? 

Wrong again lol ? how could he ask his mum,  She died in a car accident...how many beers have you had? Your texts are getting worse by the minute

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, peterb17 said:

I don’t think you know much about how the Monarchy is paid for? 

The Crown estates are vast - the Queen takes a small percentage- I think 15% - of the income - and pays taxes.

So you might think -is this unfair - they own so much . It’s often quoted that the Monarchy costs about the same to each person as a Starbucks latte .

Then you get into an argument about ownership - I was brought up in an Elizabethan house within a huge estate. It’s the same , it’s historical.

The taxpayer should be more concerned about foreign aid ( £billions ) , corruption, benefits, illegal immigrants etc etc etc 

What a rediculous answer......

Any kind of Monarchy is an absolute anachronistic way of ruling or presenting  a country. Not the best in brain will be seen there. Or do you think soldiers shall become kings??? (see George and Harry or Charles)

Also...how monarchs got his plenty of land? Grab it from the poor...? Give it back!! Learn something and earn your living with it, e.g. as a mechanic (see Lizzy)

And of course it was a waste of taxpayers money.....Who do you think have to pay for police, army, civil servants aso aso aso....??

Think twice before posting please

I am English.

I like the Royals - I think they probably bring in enough revenues from tourism to pay for themselves.

It's part of what makes Britain quirky and unique. Like our football - watched around the world - yet we couldn't hit a cow up the ar*e with a banjo when it comes to actual English players on the world stage. 

But actually watch a Royal wedding by choice? I couldn't imagine anything more horrific. My capacity for tedium is nowhere near that level.

I was watching Deadpool 2....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

What a rediculous answer......

Any kind of Monarchy is an absolute anachronistic way of ruling or presenting  a country. Not the best in brain will be seen there. Or do you think soldiers shall become kings??? (see George and Harry or Charles)

Also...how monarchs got his plenty of land? Grab it from the poor...? Give it back!! Learn something and earn your living with it, e.g. as a mechanic (see Lizzy)

And of course it was a waste of taxpayers money.....Who do you think have to pay for police, army, civil servants aso aso aso....??

Think twice before posting please

They don't rule anything though, do they?

They are basically a tourist attraction.

13 hours ago, Bludove said:

Wrong again lol ? how could he ask his mum,  She died in a car accident...how many beers have you had? Your texts are getting worse by the minute

Keep up. I was corrected ages ago. 

Texts? 555

On 5/19/2018 at 5:17 PM, Kadilo said:

No. No interest to me whatsoever apart from the conservative estimate of 30 million security money for the day the British tax payer has to find from somewhere. (Please don't say all the extra tourism will pay for it there's a good lad).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

truth hurts dont it?

• Confused 2

On 5/20/2018 at 7:23 AM, ThaidDown said:

When is it ?

LOL> I just found out, 3 days too late. It would be a sad day when watching a royal wedding was all I could find to do.

Allow me to thank Thaivisa Admin for giving me an excuse to say how little interest I have in the British Royal Family... and disinterest is putting it mildly.

I did not watch it and have no interest , but I saw a little bit from it on the news, thats all. 

I remember I watched Princess Diana getting married with Charles. I think that was back in 1982 . 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Ditto, i was out on the water all weekend with a good group of pepole living. No phone, no iternet, no tv, no videos.

Why would i want to watch someone i dont know get married.

I watched for the pageantry. I was doing something more interesting at the same time and only watched the parts with the guardsmen and the historical references.

I have visited the castle before, and it was interesting to see it again.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:47 AM, simoh1490 said:

Apparently, 1.9 billion lemmings were sufficiently interested to tune in and watch it on TV....,.Troll!

I'll go out on a limb and guess that the vast majority of them were female. Women love a wedding and the female commentators were very much taken with the dress and how much in "love" they must be, because he talked to her during the ceremony, and gave her a very public kiss after.

It's like they don't realise they've probably been "living" together for a long time, and she is a blushing virgin, or something like that.

• Like 2

I watched it off and on.  Thank goodness Simon Baker in the Mentalist was on another channel.  When the American bishop came on, I was a bit shocked, a bit embarrassed and very bored.  I switched off for most of what he said.

Actually I was equally bored with the women commentators on CNN.  They came out with a load of junk.  The men were OK.

Edited by Gillyflower

9 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

I watched it off and on.  Thank goodness Simon Baker in the Mentalist was on another channel.  When the American bishop came on, I was a bit shocked, a bit embarrassed and very bored.  I switched off for most of what he said.

Actually I was equally bored with the women commentators on CNN.  They came out with a load of junk.  The men were OK.

Agree about the American sermon , way OTT , wondering if all involved had a dress rehearsal of their speeches cos his should have been cut by 60% , was he trying to steal the show ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, superal said:

Agree about the American sermon , way OTT , wondering if all involved had a dress rehearsal of their speeches cos his should have been cut by 60% , was he trying to steal the show ? 

Am I being racist if I say that he sounded just like an American Baptist preacher?  It reminds me of what an Irish friend from Dublin, said about Limerick.....all piety and <deleted>.

On 5/20/2018 at 7:17 AM, Kadilo said:

No. No interest to me whatsoever apart from the conservative estimate of 30 million security money for the day the British tax payer has to find from somewhere. (Please don't say all the extra tourism will pay for it there's a good lad).

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Of course all the extra tourism will help the economy but most probably the royal family pay for the wedding themselves.. It doesn't all have to be at the tax payers expense.

Maybe you should educate yourself on how the governments blows our money first before commenting about the royals who bring in far more than they take out.

https://fullfact.org/economy/uk-spending-foreign-aid/

For the record I loved the whole thing

• Like 2
  • Confused 2