SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?

Scott

SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't remember who said it, but I heard one of the commentators say that he shouldn't wear a beard with the uniform he was wearing.

Colour clash! Ginger and blue. But for those watching in black and white it didn't matter much.

No I didn't watch it...That's just me...BUT, it is a British thing that British folk on the whole enjoy...And for sure the world also enjoys British stuff more than the naysayers...

All these comments here about the ladies ethnicity really pisses me off...A Royal has most certainly buried you...

1 minute ago, transam said:

No I didn't watch it...That's just me...BUT, it is a British thing that British folk on the whole enjoy...And for sure the world also enjoys British stuff more than the naysayers...

All these comments here about the ladies ethnicity really pisses me off...A Royal has most certainly buried you...

2.9 Billion people worldwide are being reported to have watched it on TV.

That's a hellava lot of people 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I thought she was an American. She doesn't have any outstanding racial characteristics. 

All the hype has been manufactured by the media. I doubt anyone would have cared much, otherwise. 

I don't remember any other royal been given the same treatment since Charles and Diana, and he was heir to the throne.

Really? Have you been living in a cave since then? There were endless media saturation for the marriage of Kate Middleton and what's-his-name.

19 minutes ago, transam said:

I'm not sure that's true. YouGov poll says 66% of British people were not interested.  

38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think he was referring to your claim to have served in the ENGLISH army. It's been the BRITISH army for a good while now.

Well TBL, I take your point. But I took the coin and served under the Queen of England. It's her Army; English Army. These other countries just tagged on later.

In my platoon we had a Scot, a South African and lads from Matlock and Liverpool. Can't recall the others. After basic training I was sent to the drawing office at Arbourfield.

2 hours ago, connda said:

What royal wedding?  Most of us Yanks don't really care.  We tossed that monarchy in 1776.  :wink:

I'm confused - do people from the USA call themselves "Yanks"?

I thought it was only Brits, like me. 

• Like 1

I watched it with great enthusiasm , a fairy tale come true . I know the four of them will change the way people look at the monarchy now .

The princess of Denmark is an Aussie , and she will be Queen one day ... It was a good day to watch the TV .. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

people from australia call them septic tanks....rhythms with yanks....... it is called rhythms slang

I actually like Harry which made even more disappointing that he never made a real statement of intent.  He showed underneath he's just the same as the rest. 

Edited by Kadilo

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well TBL, I take your point. But I took the coin and served under the Queen of England. It's her Army; English Army. These other countries just tagged on later.

In my platoon we had a Scot, a South African and lads from Matlock and Liverpool. Can't recall the others. After basic training I was sent to the drawing office at Arbourfield.

Queen of the United Kingdom lad, and a few add on nations.

Drawing office ? So, never got yer knees brown then.

3 times around the square wi' yer rifle over head and call it a gun yi'll get 3 more.

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

Be nice to see all the homeless people in Windsor happy. 30 million would of made them all very happy. 

Not many homeless people in Windsor, a kind of well to do area, now shift 30 miles up the road London, or even 20 miles to Slough, to  a different kind of world, the homeless would like some of the 30 m , still a land of have's and have-nots 

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Queen of the United Kingdom lad, and a few add on nations.

Drawing office ? So, never got yer knees brown then.

3 times around the square wi' yer rifle over head and call it a gun yi'll get 3 more.

You are splitting hairs OHbc. She is the Queen of England. Everyone who is interested in Royalty knows that.

I went to the drawing office because they needed drafters for machines.

2 minutes ago, kickstart said:

Not many homeless people in Windsor, a kind of well to do area, now shift 30 miles up the road London, or even 20 miles to Slough, to  a different kind of world, the homeless would like some of the 30 m , still a land of have's and have-nots 

But they can still afford grass to smoke...

5 minutes ago, kickstart said:

There are loads in Windsor. There was a local drive to have them moved on as to not upset the visitors too much bless. 

Edited by Kadilo

It was but they brought it over to the colony in the ships .

Have you ever heard of "Rhyming Slang"? Well the idea originally came from Cockney England, but considering the Poms sent a lot of their dodgy codgers to Australia in the early colonial days, we soon adopted the idea of rhyming slang

1. Can't watch the footy without a pie with dead horse.
  2. My missus did the Harry Holt with the local plumber.
  3. I heard there was a prang up the road. Might go have a Captain Cook.
  4. Get off the dog 'n' bone and mow the lawn!
  5. It's getting late cuz, I better hit the frog 'n' toad.
  6. Could I have a dozen roses for my beloved trouble 'n' strife?
  7. The billy lids / tin lids always give us grief at bed time!
  8. Woh, check out that paint job. Looks like the painter had a Barry Crocker that day!
  9. We're heading to steak 'n' kidney at the crack of dawn.
  10. Don't bother telling me a porky pie, cos I'll find out!

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

This to me is one of those times that if you cannot say anything good best just to shut up

Enlighten us all as to why please. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

We don't find it the least bit derogatory.  In our civil war, the Northerners were called Yankees.  Of course you have heard of the New York Yankees baseball team.  And surely you remember this one ...........
Over there, over there
Send the word, send the word over there
That the Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming

I did watch and enjoyed the pageantry.  Trying to hang on to a time when there was really a British Empire (and since 1776 you still didn't learn to ditch those "red coats")...... :)  

Seriously, it was interesting to see.  The same as the Royal Pageantry here in Thailand.  Not that I would want it, but anything is better than Trump. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

2.9 Billion people worldwide are being reported to have watched it on TV.

That's a hellava lot of people 

Lets be honest, it got a hell of a lot of publicity, the Royal PR machine, which obviously includes the British Brainwashing Corporation went all out on this to try guarantee their jobs for a few more years!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

We don't find it the least bit derogatory.  In our civil war, the Northerners were called Yankees.  Of course you have heard of the New York Yankees baseball team.  And surely you remember this one ...........
Over there, over there

I did watch and enjoyed the pageantry.  Trying to hang on to a time when there was really a British Empire (and since 1776 you still didn't learn to ditch those "red coats")...... :)  

Seriously, it was interesting to see.  The same as the Royal Pageantry here in Thailand.  Not that I would want it, but anything is better than Trump. 

Seriously please tell a little about what you found interesting regarding the  Royal Pageantry.   

That's a sincere question.

Please don't devolve this to a Trump/USA Brit kind of thing.

I'm asking what you found worth your time watching the royal wedding?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, silverhawk_usa said:

Over there, over there

Trump's Royal 'pageantry" stuff...