SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?

Scott

SURVEY: The Royal Wedding -- did you watch or not?  

295 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

No NanLaew its not. Positive discrimination in any workplace is wrong,especially when it comes to making numbers up,and moreso when covering up for their mistakes,just comes down to carrying a burden that is unwelcome and costly

Segregation is the only way for tolerance,it will come ,it will happen

Interesting that you assume because a black person is chosen that it must be a case of positive discrimination.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, altcar bob said:

This comment of yours must come with realisation to many,many people you do not know what you are babbling about.  Just when SA is mentioned,look at it now,laughing stock,apartheid plus plus,right now,corruption right from their toe nails up,   segregation,the only way to go

People need their freedom.

Countries have many issues but segregating the races is NOT a solution.

It's a racist, ignorant policy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Its a white mans burden,give them freedom,give them whatever they want,but not on my patch

• Sad 1

I had it on while I was doing something else and watched the interesting bits. I had to marvel that so many actually camped out for days to get a good spot to see the happy couple for 30 seconds as they passed by in the carriage. I had a better view on tv.

In a normal marriage, the parents pay, and the royal family could certainly have afforded it, but I doubt they paid much in the greater context.

Much was made of how it was "including the people"- yeah right!

Just think of the goodwill it would have generated if they'd had a private ( televised ) ceremony without all the hundreds of "friends", and had a bunch of marquees set up around the country with big tv screens to provide the public with a decent free "English" supper and a televised concert in the evening. They'd even have had some cash left over to donate to her favourite charity.

I'm thinking of the queen's jubilee, when I watched the concert on a big tv screen in Hyde Park.

3 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

And the SA lost it all, and for what? What really happend to South Africa after all the freedom, peace prices and so on? 

Dont take me wrong, I all for freedom and peoples right to move, live and work, and vote for their own best. But someplaces is just not ready for the freedom we often taken for granted. Our freedom did not come for free, and not without violence oppression and suppression. Im not sure what word to use of those two. I guess you understand what I ment. 

2 minutes ago, altcar bob said:

Its a white mans burden,give them freedom,give them whatever they want,but not on my patch

Well, we're not on "your patch" now are we?

Would you like Thailand to be segregated?

Perhaps only allowed to rent housing on the outskirts of town in run down ghettos.

Children couldn't go to school.

Tops, Big C, and Macro only for Thais, no whites allowed.

Public toilets, clean ones for Thai, dirty ones for whites.

The list could go on, but that is the sort of thing you're looking for, no?

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

he even had to ask his mum what he could wear and if he could keep his beard. Outdated much? 

Under military rules he shouldn't have been able to keep his beard if wearing army uniform. As she is head of the armed forces, she can give permission, or not. Had he been in the navy it would have been OK anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Because some people can't look at a non-white person without making aspersion. They're called bigots.

I didn't even realise she was half black till the media started screaming about how wonderful and modern it was for Harry to love a "black" woman.

4 hours ago, lanista said:

I bet the UK government  had that Russian  dissident released from Salisbury hospital  to coincide with the wedding. Great distraction.

Bo Jo and May basically lied through their corroded teeth .

Where's the Russian now?

According to the George Galloway's MOATS, he and daughter are at attitude training centre; probably held against their will.

The last official Communication with Yulia was that she was looking forward to returning to Russia to see friends and family.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Under military rules he shouldn't have been able to keep his beard if wearing army uniform. As she is head of the armed forces, she can give permission, or not. Had he been in the navy it would have been OK anyway.

I'm not sure about that TBL.

A very important point. When I was in the English Army, it was understood that if you had a beard on enlisting you had to have permission to shave it off; so you could keep it. The other instance was growing a beard for medical reasons. Of course if the beard grew so long that it interfered with soldering someone would have a word.

Muslims in the English Army can have a goatee beard; but not a full one.

There is also that cousin of the English Queen who has a beard but was he in the English Army?

Edited by owl sees all

8 minutes ago, overherebc said:

You must be several hundreds of years old to have served in the english army. What was your weapon of choice, Pike or Longbow?

An attempt at dry humour there OHbc. Like it.

I served in REME. A long time ago now; but not hundreds of years!!

9 minutes ago, likeke said:

Did I watch it? Oh hell no.

I have been watching the survey results and after a slow start the first option (great enthusiasm) is fast catching up the last (don't care).

Very interesting to see how the voters, who were enthusiastic, have now gained the confidence to vote. Sort of safety in numbers, I guess.

Watched news coverage this morning.  The gospel choir was excellent, the Preacher was cool, the E-type was cooler (except for the missing straight 6 and addition of a milk float motor), her off the shoulders white dress was hot and they look to be genuinely in love.  Hope they are happy together.

As for the costs to taxpayers - well they could have saved most of that by having a small, closed event in a Royal household - but that would be giving nothing back to the British taxpayers.

12 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I'm not sure about that TBL.

A very important point. When I was in the English Army, it was understood that if you had a beard on enlisting you had to have permission to shave it off; so you could keep it. The other instance was growing a beard for medical reasons. Of course if the beard grew so long that it interfered with soldering someone would have a word.

Muslims in the English Army can have a goatee beard; but not a full one.

There is also that cousin of the English Queen who has a beard but was he in the English Army?

OK, I'll bow to your superior knowledge of the British army, but other than the assault pioneers I never saw a British soldier in my lifetime that had a beard. Certainly in the army I served in it was no beards.

I don't remember who said it, but I heard one of the commentators say that he shouldn't wear a beard with the uniform he was wearing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

An attempt at dry humour there OHbc. Like it.

I served in REME. A long time ago now; but not hundreds of years!!

I think he was referring to your claim to have served in the ENGLISH army. It's been the BRITISH army for a good while now.

My country's army eliminated it's EME years ago, and combined it with some other corps, but the present army probably hasn't much more to maintain than a couple of trucks and a bicycle.

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I didn't even realise she was half black till the media started screaming about how wonderful and modern it was for Harry to love a "black" woman.

Exactly.

The first pictures I saw of her in the media, I thought she was of Hispanic / Latino heritage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Even admitting to being a 'bit' of a royalist, I;d say the problem is not the wedding itself - it is the sheer amount of TV coverage from dawn till dusk.

I think most people would probably sit down and watch it if it was an hour or so.

The ceremony itself I thought was OK, maybe just me but it had an Earthly / medieval feeling to it - which was quite refreshing after pompous London. So that was OK.

BUT, when we start getting post rubbish about who made the ring, the dress, how fast the copies would be out, what people thought (mostly the black ones), and all the really uninteresting rubbish , it just overloads what was quite a nice event.

So, thumbs up for the wedding , thumbs down for the coverage !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Exactly.

The first pictures I saw of her in the media, I thought she was of Hispanic / Latino heritage.

I thought she was an American. She doesn't have any outstanding racial characteristics. 

All the hype has been manufactured by the media. I doubt anyone would have cared much, otherwise. 

I don't remember any other royal been given the same treatment since Charles and Diana, and he was heir to the throne.