Mueller outlines scope of Russia probe in court filing

webfact

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This obvious witch hunt has put one witch in the slammer and five witches have pleaded guilty.

More to come.

And as a point of correction the majority voted for Clinton.

Their vote steamrolled by the electoral college.

I thought I had covered this in my post, but perhaps it was too obtuse.

The crimes committed by the people you discussed do not appear to have any bearing on the original scope of the mandate's root charge; namely interference by foreign actors in the US election.

This does not absolve those criminals nor should it be surprising that politicians and sociopathic business men are well versed in 'shady' dealings and should be punished for it regardless of the actual rate at which they are.

Conflating dropping a wide dragnet with unlimited discretion viz a viz prosecutorial decisions to the accomplishment of a mission is absurd.  As I stated in my original post, we are all guilty of at least one felony.  If they decided that you were a person of interest and dug until they found the felony that you are guilty of does this make the current witch hunt a success?

I am not sure what the "point of correction" is for.  Did I claim something that is not historically correct?

It is sad that the ideals the Republic was founded on (checks and balances, equality, majority rules/minority rights) have been so relegated to the dustbin by hyper-partisan thinking.  Have we devolved to such a point that we're willing to throw out basic ideas concerning humanity simply because they don't fit our narrative?

This slippery slope is not what I want to see us on.  It would not have brought about suffrage, the Civil Rights act, Rowe vs. Wade, etc.  And I want to believe that intellectually honest people would agree.

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Another "I don't like Trump but..."

There is no "but".

There is a "I don't like Trump and I don't like...".

Your assumptions speaks volumes that your truncated post (thought process?) doesn't.

20 hours ago, Redline said:

Suck it up authoritarian fan ?

No you misunderstand I hate hypocrisy but I guess you liberals love it. Of course we all know USA  never interferes with elections in other countries     :cheesy:

This is all deflection away from the Trumps obvious megalomania yet you continue to focus on the absurd. Trump must be loving it.

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

No you misunderstand I hate hypocrisy but I guess you liberals love it. Of course we all know USA  never interferes with elections in other countries     :cheesy:

This is all deflection away from the Trumps obvious megalomania yet you continue to focus on the absurd. Trump must be loving it.

Like you know me.  I guess you haven’t figured out how the world operates.  Maybe you will get it next lifetime 

Edited by Redline

5 hours ago, BobBKK said:

And if people in those countries are caught conspiring with USA attempts to undermine their government, then they will be liable to suffer whatever consequences their system provides for. And the same should apply to US citizens should they be caught committing illegal acts.

On 5/19/2018 at 2:40 PM, bristolboy said:

And if people in those countries are caught conspiring with USA attempts to undermine their government, then they will be liable to suffer whatever consequences their system provides for. And the same should apply to US citizens should they be caught committing illegal acts.

That's no excuse and a terrible way to look at it. Dems lost election and can't stop crying and any 'Russia' interference would be minimal. If you think Dem supporters will rush back because of paranoia about 'reds under the bed' you are mistaken. Attack trump on the big issues not this garbage.

9 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

That's no excuse and a terrible way to look at it. Dems lost election and can't stop crying and any 'Russia' interference would be minimal. If you think Dem supporters will rush back because of paranoia about 'reds under the bed' you are mistaken. Attack trump on the big issues not this garbage.

No. A terrible way to look at it is because certain crimes may have a political dimenison that they shouldn't be investigated. 

Do you think President "Lock her up" Trump's opposition to the investigation is based on principle?

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

No. A terrible way to look at it is because certain crimes may have a political dimenison that they shouldn't be investigated. 

Do you think President "Lock her up" Trump's opposition to the investigation is based on principle?

No I don't but she got away with it and they hound him for political reasons. I don't like Trump but I have grown to loathe the Dems who I once supported. I would now vote for neither (if I had a vote).

1 hour ago, BobBKK said:

No I don't but she got away with it and they hound him for political reasons. I don't like Trump but I have grown to loathe the Dems who I once supported. I would now vote for neither (if I had a vote).

Nonsense.

They don't hound him for political reasons. There is an investigation going on, if Congress and Trump stayed out of it we wouldn't hear anything about it till the investigation was finished. And that would be much better for all concerned. Let the investigators do their job, and when the results come we can discuss those.

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

"I don't like Trump but...."

Pull the other one.

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

One of the objectives of Russia's interference with the US election was to destroy faith in the electoral and political process. 

It seems to have worked on you.

• Like 2

"Turns out Donald Trump Jr. may have been willing to accept foreign help from other countries other than Russia in his quest to get his father elected president. "

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/05/it-wasnt-just-russia-donald-trump-jr-met-gulf-states-emissary-who-offered-election-help.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/19/us/politics/trump-jr-saudi-uae-nader-prince-zamel.html

3 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I love it. "She got away with it". In other words, in your mind she was guilty of a crime even thought the criminal justice system said not. And now, before the criminal justice system has even presented the evidence, you deem the investigation to be political. Yeah, you're not a Trump supporter. Who do you think you're kidding?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

I love it. "She got away with it". In other words, in your mind she was guilty of a crime even thought the criminal justice system said not. And now, before the criminal justice system has even presented the evidence, you deem the investigation to be political. Yeah, you're not a Trump supporter. Who do you think you're kidding?

Selective prosecution exists.

See Thomas Drake's releases of unclassified information regarding fraud, waste, and abuse resulting in an initial indictment of espionage.

Note that the charges were brought under US Code Title 18 Part I Chapter 37 Section 793 (.c) & (e) ... precisely what there was claims that Mrs. Clinton did.